Freeze Mine

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Oct 1, 2019, 9:11:12 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2019, 3:23:04 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
starsg wrote:
Procedure:-
1. insert Freeze mine gem to socket and re-assign the mouse slot to it.
2. now Swap the Freeze mine out with new gem (eg burning arrow)
3. Re-assign the new gem to the same slot you put in FM gem slot.
4. Enter to new instance.

What you will see:-
The new skill in the mouse slot got reset back.

Slots affect are:-
1. Left-mouse - FM gem refuse to release, but the Default Attack have priority instead.
2. Middle-mouse - FM gem refuse to release.
3. Right-mouse - FM gem refuse to release.
I'm unable to replicate this. I suspect it's something to do with the detonate skill, but I'm note sure.

Update: was able to replicate this behavior if I bound Detonate to a skill slot before removing the mine gem, but not with the mine skill itself. Now that detonate has it's own pop-up icon we probably don't need it to be bindable to regular skill slots, I'll discuss this with the others.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 16, 2012, 1:10:10 AM
"
Xapti wrote:
Does increased cold damage increase the freeze duration that would be applied? I'm thinking no?

Does added cold damage support gem increase the freeze duration that would be applied?
No in both cases, because it doesn't actually deal any damage at all.
We may be able to have damage increases apply after the damage stats are redone, if we decide that's something we want and which would be balanced.
"
Malice wrote:
Does this skill count as a trap?
Mines and traps are similar, and several trap bonuses will also apply to mines. But I can't say for sure without knowing what you mean by "counts as a trap".
"
Malice wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Malice wrote:
Does this skill count as a trap?
Mines and traps are similar, and several trap bonuses will also apply to mines. But I can't say for sure without knowing what you mean by "counts as a trap".

Well, if it "counts as a trap" I would expect that anything that affects traps also affects mines. So trap laying speed, "can set up 1 additional trap", trigger radius affecting target acquisition range, and what have you.

I mean, it's either a trap or it's not. A manually triggered trap perhaps, but a trap nonetheless (or not).
Mechanically, it's a trap in the game engine, which results in some trap stuff applying.
In game terms, mines and traps are different things.
Trap laying speed affects mines. Trap Trigger radius affects mines. The number of mines and the number of traps you have are separate counts - more traps does not give you more mines.

It's not so much that "mines are traps" it's that e.g. what's currently described as "trap laying speed" is actually "trap and mine laying speed". I will make a note to change the stat descriptions to reflect this so it's more obvious.
"
Malice wrote:
Thanks mark.

I was playing around with this skill, and it was pretty fun to use. I didn't expect the detonation skill to have a cast time though. Is the detonation skill affected by cast speed mods?
Yes. Detonate Mines is a spell (albeit one you get in a slightly unusual way), and is affected by the things that affect spells (not spell damage - the detonate spell itself does no damage, it just triggers the mines, and they do damage, etc affected by relevant stats)
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 15, 2012, 9:09:13 PM
"
Panda413 wrote:
I have my non mouse skills assigned to WASD and Space. This forces me to click the detonate skill because it is auto assigned to "D". Can I rebind this somewhere?
Yes, in the keybinding options.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Well, there would be the option of turning it into a damage spell, dealing no damage but allowing, for example, a cold damage gem to increase freeze time, though that's rather complicated.
This is planned. It still won't deal damage, but will perform damage calculation as though it did, and use the resulting damage to calculate freeze duration.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Nice!
Though that raises the question, shouldn't I just put Cold snap with a remote mine support?
That takes two linked slots and doesn't always freeze.
"
Incompetent wrote:
I don't really understand why this skill was designed the way it is. Why not just give it some cold damage with low effectiveness, plus 100% chance to freeze and a greatly increased freeze duration? Then it would interact in the normal way with passives and supports, instead of being a funny exception. I don't think it would be especially OP as a result.
It's not an exception. It works normally with passives, it just doesn't deal any damage. It does damage calculation with the listed base damage, which is affected by all relevant damage modifiers on you and the target, and then applies the freeze length that is calculated from the resulting damage. It just skips actually dealing the damage to the monster.

All modifiers to freeze duration will also apply as normal, as the freeze calculation is the same one done for damage.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 16, 2013, 11:47:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info