Freeze Mine

"
Incompetent wrote:
"
markell wrote:
Does linking FM with Trap support gem would make me able to place the mine farther?
I was discussing with a friend that he could increase damage (and therefore the freeze duration) and also his effective range this way, and maybe adding the Sunblast belt too.

Mines can throw traps or summon totems, but never the other way around, so you could have a mine that throws a Fire Trap when detonated, but you could never have a trap that lays a Freeze Mine when triggered.

Thanks for the info, too bad that's is impossibile.
Elemental Proliferation is still super overpowered, people perma freeze Dominus in maps.
"
dspair wrote:
Elemental Proliferation is still super overpowered, people perma freeze Dominus in maps.

Evidence from Reddit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfE9s6-kcYk
I just found out that using Pyre (the sapphire ring) and freezemine does not freeze the mobs. The skill description and wiki suggests it "always" freezes
It does Freeze. Freeze duration is based on Cold Damage dealt versus target's Maximum Life. Zero Cold Damage -> zero seconds.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 26, 2014, 9:09:57 AM
Does the damage from freeze mine count as 'hit' ? Because I tried linking it with curse on hit and frostbite and it did not work... On another note: spell totem + any spell + curse on hit + any curse does not seem to work either although the frostbite symbol is greyed out.
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

Sooo, I tested a bit:

Freeze mine supported with Curse on hit and a curse does not work.
BUT: I coincidentally found a shrine that specifically gave my HITS a random curse on the target - aaaand it worked with freeze mine.
I don't know if there is any bug included in this, but it should either not working or working, and not both in different situations...

Edit: I also found something strange:

I found a strongbox that had "freezes you" and "casts lightning storm". I opened it, was frozen for about a second, then i used my freeze mine, all mobs became frozen, and strangely the lightning storm stopped in an instant.

"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

Last edited by meerkatz13 on Aug 27, 2014, 3:47:11 AM
I would be curious if Freeze Mine works with this Helmet that makes your "cold damage" ignite instead.

Would that work? Its not actual cold damage but when it acts as IF it would deal cold damage and always applies the status effect it might aswell always ignite as if dealing XXXX fire dmg when using this helm.
The Three Dragons makes your Cold Damage cause Ignite instead. That is all that its description states, and unsurprisingly it does exactly that and nothing arbitrary on top of that. For example, it does not change Freeze into Ignite.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 8, 2014, 7:00:54 AM
Hello, I used to play with freeze mine a long time ago and I distinctly remember that casting the mine used to be a lot easier (IMO).

Before, the freeze mine used to be dropped directly at your feet wherever your character was standing at the point of the cast. Now your character apparently moves to your mouse cursor before dropping the mine.

I haven't seen anything in the patch notes regarding this change. Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind this change. It is much much more awkward to use this ability now.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Last edited by geffreyy on Dec 26, 2014, 2:24:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info