Freeze Mine

The new lvl 20 gem + lvl 20 added cold does about 50% less dmg then old lvl 20 gem for freez.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
I like the change. It's a nice buff for people who invest in mines and a nerf for people who were just exploiting it, and that's exactly what needed to happen. You only need to spend a few points to get the old duration back, and if you were getting a lot of use out of Freeze Mine then spending a few points on it shouldn't be a problem. The change also opens up a few more options, like Elemental Equilibrium.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Now i have to spam Freeze Mine for cc, atleast it does good damage to kill enemies. With added cold damage, cold penetration, EP, Increased Range and Concentrate Effect and EE (from totems), 3 curses, you have a new killer skill. Temporal Chains, Lower Frozen Resis, Lewer Ele Resis its sick now.
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
I like the change. It's a nice buff for people who invest in mines and a nerf for people who were just exploiting it, and that's exactly what needed to happen. You only need to spend a few points to get the old duration back, and if you were getting a lot of use out of Freeze Mine then spending a few points on it shouldn't be a problem. The change also opens up a few more options, like Elemental Equilibrium.

Actually no, my build now has 121% increased mine damage and the freeze duration is still below the old duration so you can't call it a good buff for people that have invested in mine damage. The damage is still negligible at mapping levels unless you're going to fully specialize into freeze mine damage. I'm not arguing that freeze mine didn't need a nerf as it was stupidly strong before but if it's going to be this hard to integrate into a build, most everyone will ditch the skill altogether.

Yeah that sounded just like some butthurt qq, i just wish smoke mine was a proper alternative to this... -_-
Cuddles' DoT trapper build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/683322
only way smoke mine will be viable is if it exploded on its own a short while later.
or
some detonate gem is invented and then linked to a trigger gem of desire.
Is it possible to freeze map bosses not after the change?

Can I freeze a boss with a following setup:
Freeze Mine + Cast on stun + Cold Penetration + Concentrated Effect (or added cold damage?)

If:
Scenario 1: I have no passives invested in mines + 30% increased elemental damage
Scenario 2: I have 44% increased mine damage + 30% increased elemental damage

I will use elemental weakness as a curse. I am only interested in freezing map bosses. Most other mobs are easy enough to kill anyway.

I assume increased "spell damage" still does not affect freeze mine damage.

Edit:
Is this calculation correct?
Average cold damage (lvl 20 gem) = 206dmg

More multipliers:
Passives (scenario 1) = 1.3
Cold penetration = 1.3
Concentrated Effect = 1.7
From freeze mine gem = 3.9

Total cold damage = 206 * 1.3 * 1.3 * 1.7 * 3.9 = 2300dmg (assuming no resist! Which we know is not correct)
300ms freeze = (2300dmg / (Monster Life / 100)) * 100ms =>
3 = 230000 / Monster life =>
Monster life = 76700
Last edited by gripen on Jan 10, 2014, 7:32:48 AM
Freeze Mine allways worked with Spell Damage, even before Patch. Freeze Mine is only usefull if you play a glass canon Mage with tons of Spell damage. There is no other usage rignt now anymore.
"
Fumina wrote:
Freeze Mine allways worked with Spell Damage, even before Patch. Freeze Mine is only usefull if you play a glass canon Mage with tons of Spell damage. There is no other usage rignt now anymore.

Luckily I am a glass cannon incinerate mage :D
am i the only one not seeing how that ~200cold dmg solves 'proliferate freeze from trash mobs onto bosses' to trivialize the content? white mobs in maps have 10k+ HP and it changes nothing for 'proli-freeze-bosses'

quick question - the proliferated freezes making bosses trivial in parties fixed or not? because tried FM a bit and that 'dmg' dealt to normal mobs is hardly visible.. duration changes removed the abuse?
Freeze mine's description doesn't show a base crit chance like the other spells do. I'm wondering if this is intentional...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info