Freeze Mine

"
starsg wrote:
Procedure:-
1. insert Freeze mine gem to socket and re-assign the mouse slot to it.
2. now Swap the Freeze mine out with new gem (eg burning arrow)
3. Re-assign the new gem to the same slot you put in FM gem slot.
4. Enter to new instance.

What you will see:-
The new skill in the mouse slot got reset back.

Slots affect are:-
1. Left-mouse - FM gem refuse to release, but the Default Attack have priority instead.
2. Middle-mouse - FM gem refuse to release.
3. Right-mouse - FM gem refuse to release.
I'm unable to replicate this. I suspect it's something to do with the detonate skill, but I'm note sure.

Update: was able to replicate this behavior if I bound Detonate to a skill slot before removing the mine gem, but not with the mine skill itself. Now that detonate has it's own pop-up icon we probably don't need it to be bindable to regular skill slots, I'll discuss this with the others.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 16, 2012, 1:10:10 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
starsg wrote:
Procedure:-
1. insert Freeze mine gem to socket and re-assign the mouse slot to it.
2. now Swap the Freeze mine out with new gem (eg burning arrow)
3. Re-assign the new gem to the same slot you put in FM gem slot.
4. Enter to new instance.

What you will see:-
The new skill in the mouse slot got reset back.

Slots affect are:-
1. Left-mouse - FM gem refuse to release, but the Default Attack have priority instead.
2. Middle-mouse - FM gem refuse to release.
3. Right-mouse - FM gem refuse to release.
I'm unable to replicate this. I suspect it's something to do with the detonate skill, but I'm note sure.

Update: was able to replicate this behavior if I bound Detonate to a skill slot before removing the mine gem, but not with the mine skill itself. Now that detonate has it's own pop-up icon we probably don't need it to be bindable to regular skill slots, I'll discuss this with the others.

ok

i think make a mistake and got confuse with the assign part.

Yes its assigning the Denotate Mine icon instead the Freeze Mine icon thats causing the problem.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on May 16, 2012, 2:13:47 AM
I could see the ice mine turned into one of the other "throwable" traps rather than have it limited to a deploy then detonate device.

Overall I feel the damage from the traps is somewhat lackluster. Right now, fire trap doesn't do that much damage unless the mob stands in it. Most mobs move so fast that they don't spend enough time in the dot to take enough damage.

This is where I feel that the freeze mine (in the standard trap form) would help out. Ice mine could be retooled into an aoe slow cloud that chills mobs who enter it. this would let the frost trap synergize with other traps by ensnaring groups of enemies. while the bear trap is better suited for the harder targets like elites and bosses.

In addition this would help the skill in non trap builds by giving people a deployable chill field.
"
I could see the ice mine turned into one of the other "throwable" traps rather than have it limited to a deploy then detonate device.

Overall I feel the damage from the traps is somewhat lackluster. Right now, fire trap doesn't do that much damage unless the mob stands in it. Most mobs move so fast that they don't spend enough time in the dot to take enough damage.

This is where I feel that the freeze mine (in the standard trap form) would help out. Ice mine could be retooled into an aoe slow cloud that chills mobs who enter it. this would let the frost trap synergize with other traps by ensnaring groups of enemies. while the bear trap is better suited for the harder targets like elites and bosses.

In addition this would help the skill in non trap builds by giving people a deployable chill field.

I would agree. Slow by chill is good enough. (freeze would be overpowered).
Aside cloud chill, maybe the mine could fire off 4 ice projectiles in all direction. This will give the impact of aoe chill to a closely group of mobs.
With increase in levels, the numbers of projectile can be increased.
Similary, ice damage or chill duration can be increase to.
But i would avoid including ice piercing to the freeze mine gem, since there is pierce support gem. Player can enhance it with pierce support gems.

Freeze mine firing ice projectile can be boost by the projectile, cold damage and elemental nodes. And the chances to freeze node too.

Edit:- 21st May

Apparently, there is a combo of Totem + Remote Mine + Ice Spear, that give a somewhat similar effect but with an auto hit system. Worst still, it can be overpowering when there is quite a few of totems. I assume its a bug.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on May 21, 2012, 5:43:29 AM
this might be the same problem,

playing a shadow, put freeze mine into 'w' skill slot but did not like it much so changed it. now it seems like my 'w' skill slot is broken cause whatever skill i assign to it gets cleared away whenever i change area or upgrade another skill gem. having to reset the skill in the slot whenever i go somewhere else is a bit frustrating.
Tried the freeze mine and I have to say the mine mechanic is way too clumsy. Traps you can use as slow spells and most importantly throw and you need a key less (I use RMB, MMB and q,w,e in combat, additional d is hard to use fast)

I think mines need a rework and I would like a cold alternativ to the fire traps. Also it is stupid that the trap support gem makes a mine laying trap instead of simply changing the type.

I would even say that removing mines and replace them as totems or traps is a better idea.
Does increased cold damage increase the freeze duration that would be applied? I'm thinking no?

Does added cold damage support gem increase the freeze duration that would be applied?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
Does increased cold damage increase the freeze duration that would be applied? I'm thinking no?

Does added cold damage support gem increase the freeze duration that would be applied?
No in both cases, because it doesn't actually deal any damage at all.
We may be able to have damage increases apply after the damage stats are redone, if we decide that's something we want and which would be balanced.
I just want to echo the sentiment that freeze mine is useless because:

1) the freeze duration is too short even at lower levels and only becomes worse at higher ones
2) the whole mine setting mechanism is utterly impractical
I just wanted to bring attention that I may be experiencing the same thing or something similar and already made a thread about it not seeing this one.

It is:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/34280

Just in case it’s the same

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info