Freeze Mine

Are we absolutely sure that conc effect works? I did some testing against a rare golem with and without conc, and there was no perceptible increase in freeze duration with a 60%+ More multiplier.
Freeze duration is capped at 3.333 seconds, and Freeze Mine has a pretty massive base damage.
It was well below 3 seconds, something like 1.
Before or after con effect?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
Before or after con effect?

Both. I didn't FRAPs it or anything, so the test wasn't precise, but I could not perceive a difference between conc and non-conc. If I'm reading the freeze formula right, the duration should be directly proportional to the damage dealt, and a 1.6x increase in duration should be pretty noticeable.
If people were still wondering about freeze mine's interaction with EE, it doesn't proc the effect since it's not actually dealing damage. This is nice for getting freeze/chills as EE and has some fun potential. I've been spamming freeze mine against monsters with EE, -50% resist on first mine, -65% on mines after that, and I let my hatred buffed zombies and cold damage spectres go to town on perma-frozen cold-vulnerable (-65%) monsters.
Given the interaction between freeze mine and elemental proliferation, I wonder whether simply having it deal some damage (perhaps via DoT effect if we want it to still work with Elemental Equilibrium) would make sense. On the one hand, it would make it harder to abuse against bosses (since the proliferated minions causing the permafreeze on the boss would eventually all die off), but it would make it a lot stronger in non-boss situations (where you become able to kill without using any other skills).
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
Skivverus wrote:
Given the interaction between freeze mine and elemental proliferation, I wonder whether simply having it deal some damage (perhaps via DoT effect if we want it to still work with Elemental Equilibrium) would make sense. On the one hand, it would make it harder to abuse against bosses (since the proliferated minions causing the permafreeze on the boss would eventually all die off), but it would make it a lot stronger in non-boss situations (where you become able to kill without using any other skills).

It still will be abused.
No, Freeze Mine is OK. Elemental Proliferation is a broken link there, and it should be reworked so freezes always will have duration based upon mob's own HP/resists, not upon HP/resists some white sucker nearby.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

"Freezes enemies as though dealing 390% more damage"

Is the freeze duration calculated based on cold damage alone or does it include damage from say, added chaos?
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
AFAIK it would only consider the cold damage and not the added chaos in that case as is the case with all the other elemental status ailments...

I'm not sure what to feel about this new freeze mine since damage (and effective freeze time) isn't all that impressive compared to the old mechanic. Then again, the old one was borderline OP.

edit: Tested and it's definitely a nerf for the effective freeze duration. It didn't entirely kill my build but i'm needing to spam it for a hell of a lot more than before and i'm already specialized to trap/mine passives! I'm curious as to how other people will be able to work this skill after the changes into their builds provided that mines are already fairly clunky to use.
Cuddles' DoT trapper build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/683322
Last edited by Cuddlepaws on Jan 8, 2014, 9:34:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info