Freeze Mine

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Prolif does the same as Inc. AoE, but better.

tested it and can confirm it!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Avelice wrote:
Do the new trap nodes apply to the "fake" damage that freeze mine deals? I would assume yes, but you never know.
Yes

Do passives which increase cold damage increase the fake damage of the freeze mine? will spell damage increase the fake damage of freeze mine? Will concentrated effect affect freeze mine as well? The tooltip is not a great tool to discover such mechanism...
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Avelice wrote:
Do the new trap nodes apply to the "fake" damage that freeze mine deals? I would assume yes, but you never know.
Yes

Do passives which increase cold damage increase the fake damage of the freeze mine? will spell damage increase the fake damage of freeze mine? Will concentrated effect affect freeze mine as well? The tooltip is not a great tool to discover such mechanism...
inc cold damage: yes.
spell damage: yes.
elemental damage: yes.
con effect: yes for both size and fake damage, kind of a waste though as most people prefer larger size.
AoE damage: yes.
mine damage: yes.
If I grab Ancestral Bond (+1 to max totems, cannot deal damage with skills) can I still freeze enemies with freeze mine?

Since, you know, I'm still not doing any damage :P
Current IGNs: FlameTotememer / Wandz
traps and mines (and totems and minions) are not you.
I really like this skill. The amount of "frost damage" is quite a good chunk and will mostly freeze enemies long enough to setup other things or to gain some time to retreat.

Still, I was wondering if Freeze Mine is able to be combined with the "Trap" support gem, thus changing it to a (more slowly, but possible more devasting) "no dmg, more freeze" version of a ColdSnap trap. And, if it's impossible, I wonder why (I've heard remote mine on a trap works, but why not the other way round)? Would this make FreezeMine too strong / imbalanced compared to other skills?

Thanks for answering.
Last edited by SkudEU on Dec 3, 2013, 8:09:06 AM
Similar to Conversions and Pierce/Fork/Chain, there is simply a fixed order that Trap/Mine/Totem occurs at to prevent problems from arising. If you could Trap a Mine, and Mine a Trap, what happens when you Trap + Mine a Totem? Which comes first?

So, just technical reasons.
"
Dreggon wrote:
How does this work with Elemental Equilibrium? I'm guessing no interaction since it doesn't actually do damage.

Bump :)

It acts as if dealing X dmg.
Shouldn't trigger Elemental Equilibrium but some confirmation on this could be great :)

@Vipermagi : Mine > Trap > Totem
Last edited by Iyacthu on Dec 6, 2013, 12:40:35 PM
"
Iyacthu wrote:
@Vipermagi : Mine > Trap > Totem

I know. :) The question was related to the hypothetical situation of allowing Mines to be supported by Trap, to demonstrate why you cannot Trap a Mine.

EE requires Damage to be dealt. I doubt Freeze Mine counts. Not sure.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 6, 2013, 6:04:58 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
inc cold damage: yes.
spell damage: yes.
elemental damage: yes.
con effect: yes for both size and fake damage, kind of a waste though as most people prefer larger size.
AoE damage: yes.
mine damage: yes.

I have :
-) +40% spell dmge
-) +20% elem dmge
-) +20 aoe dmge
On my mine lvl2, it's still written 33cold dmge.
The tooltip doesn't evolve whatever i do, wherever i look (caracter panel, image on the right, words on the skill).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info