Harvest needs a big nerf for next league.

Harvest should either be removed entirely, or at least the targeted crafts (aug/remove xyz). Top end builds end up with the same boring template rares printed by TFT. Itemisation is a huge part why arpgs are interesting, and harvest heavily pushes the direction towards the D3 approach where every build looks the same.
"
Rixh1 wrote:
people can 'easily' craft

if u consider crafting mirror worth item as easy when u need play hundreds of maps for just attempt for reroll and hope...

and whole item to make mirror worthy take thousands and thousands of maps ...
and many times if u not lucky end up with last craft so unlucky that u end up with 20exa item instead of miror worthy one...

then u need to stop for a moment and rethink your life.

because for normal people who are having some life ... is to play thousand and thousands map not considered as "easy".
No it doesn’t. Harvest is implemented well.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
prox711 wrote:
Harvest should either be removed entirely, or at least the targeted crafts (aug/remove xyz). Top end builds end up with the same boring template rares printed by TFT. Itemisation is a huge part why arpgs are interesting, and harvest heavily pushes the direction towards the D3 approach where every build looks the same.

who cares form some more power because of harwest when we can run with

250k es and doing 500 mil dmg with Headhunter...

and nobody cares ... ROFL
Remove mirrors, keep harvest.

Edit: remove trade.
Last edited by loardpcm on Feb 11, 2021, 7:15:53 AM
"
prox711 wrote:

Harvest is what made itemization possible for me in the first place. So yeah, Harvest synergizes extremely well with the itemization aspect of PoE. Of course, if you use TFT and trading / flipping / whatever means you have of printing currency, then, well, the game is broken. But that isn't the case for most players, because most players can't have hundreds of Exalted Orbs (they don't drop enough for that, they just accumulate in the hands of a small fraction of players).

Solution for you: Either don't break the game for yourself through printing currency, or play more builds. There are currently 236 active skill gems in the game (not counting Vaal skills) - surely you can find one that you have not tried yet.

Removing Harvest or removing targeted crafts (the actual Harvest crafting, and the only actual non-gambling crafting in the game) removes much of itemization for a lot of players. Modifying it such that it isn't as strong at the top end (remove T1 rolls from Harvest crafting, for example), okay, sure, but unless we get another actual crafting method in this game, we need Harvest to stay (and to be made less rare). At least in Standard League, don't care much if it is removed from Challenge Leagues.

"
loardpcm wrote:
Remove mirrors, keep harvest.

Edit: remove trade.

Works for me, but the mirror is in the PoE logo, so it will never be removed (I agree that it is a pretty dumb concept, though).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 11, 2021, 10:08:21 AM
"
prox711 wrote:

What does it matter to you what the others' builds look like? If they are equally strong as yours?
That has nothing to do with itemization btw. Itemization is great in POE. That's just to express your need for competition.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
all builds looking the same matters to the designers, because they don't only design one build its a waste of resources. You are supposed to get close but never actually achieve perfection that way there is something to strive for depending on your level of OCD.

Or to phrase it more appropriately Harvest was the biggest power creep league they've done by a substantial margin because we don't actually use anything like the potential available for items usually.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
all builds looking the same matters to the designers, because they don't only design one build its a waste of resources. You are supposed to get close but never actually achieve perfection that way there is something to strive for depending on your level of OCD.

Or to phrase it more appropriately Harvest was the biggest power creep league they've done by a substantial margin because we don't actually use anything like the potential available for items usually.

There is a huge build diversity in poe, more than in any other game. Most gem combinations don't work but that is a different problem and in most cases not due to itemization.

While you are right that Harvest was powercreep, the current version is largely nerfed. Also, you realize you will never, ever, achieve perfection in poe, do you?
Because that would mean corrupting every single piece of gear. Let me give you an example what no one does: corrupting + 1 curses on a high end amulet. Or corrupting -1% res penetration on a godlike jewel. If chances are absurdly high to destroy mirrors with one click, people will likely never do it. Especially not in 3 months league time, after which everyone restarts usually.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Feb 18, 2021, 2:00:14 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

In Harvest league, I would estimate I got to about 30-50% of what the build is theoretically capable of. That is without considering cluster jewels or a Watcher's Eye, those might propel the build further, so in all honesty, probably less. That is with trading for Harvest crafts. I got one item that is pretty close to best-in-slot, but I was also still using Kaom's Heart and Atziri's Step, both pretty much certainly not BiS, and a good, but not great helmet without the proper enchant for my skill.

Without Harvest, I typically get to more like 2-5% of what the build is capable of.

Even with Harvest, people are never getting to perfection with their builds. Most don't even get remotely close. People that claim it is easy to get to perfection with Harvest probably have no idea what perfection looks like.

Even in Harvest league itself, i.e. with readily available and affordable Harvest crafts, mbXtreme, who is a streamer and powergamer, did not achieve perfection on his build despite spending hundreds, maybe even more than 1000 Exalted Orbs on it. So no worries, even with Harvest, you don't run out of things to optimize.

Worst case, you can hunt for a perfect 3-stat Watcher's Eye or optimize your build with 1-stat Voices cluster jewels (starting at a mere 1.5 mirrors currently on Ritual).

EDIT: All of the above doesn't consider corruptions, which add a whole extra layer of optimization potential.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 11, 2021, 12:22:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info