Harvest needs a big nerf for next league.

"
innervation wrote:
Just to be clear, this is the current state of Harvest:

best items in the game gated behind... skill? No. RNG? Only in SSF. A player's willingness to blindly trust a stranger with an item worth 10-100 exalts? Yep, that's the right answer. The last one.

Shit design.

I give them a pass for 3.13 since this is their first shot at putting it in the core game. The longer they leave it like this, the dumber they look.

And I do like the method - I'm fine with the pre planted gardens and whatnot, I think they did well there, but they need to iterate on the crafts and the general situation it puts players and the economy in.

Ideally the best uniques in the game would be gated behind the toughest boss fights or challenges.

The best rares would be behind the hardest content because of iLvl bases.

And in the absence of (or in addition to) a skill check there should be an rng factor.

Giving your item to a stranger in a blind trust trade should not be a route to the best items.

If someone hands over anything worth over 10ex with no collateral, they deserve to get scammed. Is the system ideal? No, but neither is the current trade system which has been fucked all league. Harvest trading should be the least of their worries when their api is absolute dogshit.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"Harvest needs to be nerfed because a few outliers in the statistics have so much wealth that they can purchase any craft they want to minmax all their top gear."

But should we really care about these outliers? An average player doesn't have a gazillion exalts lying around. An average player hardly sees a harvest garden. If he finds a garden, he still needs to pray to RNGesus for good crafting options. You cannot get T0-mods with harvest crafting
as these are locked behind Maven encounters. Sorry to say it but explody chests or tailwind boots are not mirror-tier items. I think people are just overreacting.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
You guys are delusional if you don't think this is OP straight up lol perfect items all day without a blink of an eye example

Anyone can make this helmet yet this is like a bajillion ex helmet with a few clicks of simple harvest ; Simple vouches all too simple.

Shit look it Darkee's Axe and Alkaiser's Axe

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmericanPlayfulLegSmoocherZ

Like I don't mind it being here but don't say it's not OP LOL and go it's all RNG because you can literally remove that RNG like Alk does or Darkee just by zpamming Zana watchstones and just keep playing.

hahahahaha

w/e

shit it benefits me I gain currency every craft that I sell and make perfect items to sell like a cycle so it doesn't hurt me but god dam some of you going IT'S NOT OP is HILARIOUS honestly that's fucking funny.

Why would you have an example of a helm that isn't even a harvest craft? It's an essence craft and has several affixes that have minion tags, which aren't harvest craftable?

This is still an expensive helm to craft even with harvest... I don't see the problem.
"
Shabob wrote:
"
You guys are delusional if you don't think this is OP straight up lol perfect items all day without a blink of an eye example

Anyone can make this helmet yet this is like a bajillion ex helmet with a few clicks of simple harvest ; Simple vouches all too simple.

Like I don't mind it being here but don't say it's not OP LOL and go it's all RNG because you can literally remove that RNG like Alk does or Darkee just by zpamming Zana watchstones and just keep playing.

hahahahaha

w/e

shit it benefits me I gain currency every craft that I sell and make perfect items to sell like a cycle so it doesn't hurt me but god dam some of you going IT'S NOT OP is HILARIOUS honestly that's fucking funny.

Why would you have an example of a helm that isn't even a harvest craft? It's an essence craft and has several affixes that have minion tags, which aren't harvest craftable?

This is still an expensive helm to craft even with harvest... I don't see the problem.

Ther fuck are you talking about THIS IS ALL HARVEST LOL all I did was essence it then went everything with havest holy fuck learn to harvest

LOL DOESN'T HAVE ANY HARVEST TAGS shows to see someone doesn't know shit how OP it is god dam dude probably 99% of you defending this is like this guy probably.

That ENTIRE helmet is harvest once I essenced it every single thing is fucking harvest and it baffles me you have not a SINGLE clue on how to do it with a fucking item editor that pisses me off.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 8, 2021, 10:19:48 PM
I see on the personal agenda is pushing harvest to get nerfed. But how can you nerf something that barely spawns and it's already on RNG? oh right gotta "hang out" on that discord.. yeah fun and interactive.. like trading.

Must be nice to have peons to get work done so others can collect the coins.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Feb 8, 2021, 10:22:57 PM
No implicit "Item sells much more to vendors either" :P

Nice helmet though for sure
Last edited by AShugars on Feb 9, 2021, 2:20:36 AM
"
"
Shabob wrote:
"

hahahahaha

w/e

Ther fuck are you talking about THIS IS ALL HARVEST LOL all I did was essence it then went everything with havest holy fuck learn to harvest

LOL DOESN'T HAVE ANY HARVEST TAGS shows to see someone doesn't know shit how OP it is god dam dude probably 99% of you defending this is like this guy probably.

That ENTIRE helmet is harvest once I essenced it every single thing is fucking harvest and it baffles me you have not a SINGLE clue on how to do it with a fucking item editor that pisses me off.

So unless Craftofexile is 100% wrong the helmet you linked has 5 mods:

Concentrated Effect (Damage/Gem/Influenced Tags)
Minion Life (Life/Minion/Gem/Influenced Tags)
Minion Damage (Damage/Gem/Influenced Tags)
Burning (Damage/Gem/Fire/Elemental/Influenced Tags)
Essence Spell DMG (Essence Mod)

I guess with „Cannot Roll Caster“ and then Augmenting influence 3 times on open prefixes its more likely than not to hit these mods in the prefix and then the suffix is just a matter of add/remove fire (WIth crafted Fire Res blocking the slam obviously), but it still seems like a weird example for the shit that harvest brings out.

Take the Meta Cold-BV Sceptre for example:

These are both obscenely strong weapons for any kind of Cold BV Build, would have easily been mirror tier in any other league and can now be hit within like 15 harvest crafts with zero risk, which I find far more egregious.
15 Harvest crafts is pretty unrealistic for 90% of the player base, though. Especially if you don't use TFT.

Trading is what makes Harvest really broken, though I agree that it is pretty strong even without trading (save for the fact that it never shows up).

In any case, GGG has to decide what to do with Harvest, and whether it's okay for these items to be craftable in this way (not sure the argument "it was mirror tier once" is a good argument there). If so, then there is no reason to make it more and more rare. If not, they need to find another way to balance it (e.g. remove T1 and influence mods from Harvest crafting, limit Harvest crafting to max 4 mods per item, ...).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 9, 2021, 4:23:31 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
15 Harvest crafts is pretty unrealistic for 90% of the player base, though. Especially if you don't use TFT.

Trading is what makes Harvest really broken, though I agree that it is pretty strong even without trading (save for the fact that it never shows up).

In any case, GGG has to decide what to do with Harvest, and whether it's okay for these items to be craftable in this way (not sure the argument "it was mirror tier once" is a good argument there). If so, then there is no reason to make it more and more rare. If not, they need to find another way to balance it (e.g. remove T1 and influence mods from Harvest crafting, limit Harvest crafting to max 4 mods per item, ...).

100% agreed, using "this used to be mirror tier" as an argument was definitely not the best idea on my part.

I just feel like the conversation around harvest is a bit split into two camps right now, on the one hand you have the high end-players who have no issues with trading for crafts and thus basically get to skip the whole "ultra-rare" aspect of harvest and use that to make items that trivialize the game for them, on the other hand you have the regular players who encounter harvest crafts very rarely and thus to them it feels either balanced or even weak.

Then these two groups scream at each other about Harvest being OP or Harvest being fine/weak without seeing each other's point. I wonder if there is a point in the middle where you take away some of the power of harvest (like tradeability or some of the options you mentioned) in exchange for increasing the amount of crafts people have access to would bring these groups together a bit.

Obviously if the current state is the way GGG wants it then there is nothing to be done or said about it.
"
probably 99% of you defending this is like this guy probably.

People who are defending it, is probably not living on the TFT server, trading in stuff GGG never meant to be traded - but playing the game.

For people like you, playing all the time and trading a lot, Harvest might ne broken. Luckily, you aren't neither the blueprint of a PoE player, nor the average PoE player. Players like you will always find a way to obtain "the best" items. Good for you. But I really couldn't care how easy it is for you :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info