[3.14] Dejuvenate's Flameslinger Elementalist. Best League starter and unethical clear speed

Dear readers of Journal of Flameslinger, I need your advice. I have 10 exalteds to spend and I am absolutely clueless. I would like to improve my survivability.

(Malevolence is not used, I just have it socketed.)

(I also have Transcendent Mind, Anima Stone, 2x eminence and cluster jewels.)

Are trigger wands really good? Aren't they like, 4 seconds of exposure every 8 seconds if I socket only WoC in it, and if I socket for example Tempest Shield, it is 4 seconds of exposure every 16 seconds? I am not sold, but seems like I do not understand as everyone is using them.

I am thinking about doing the mana reservation pack (Charisma, shield affix, enlighten 4, helmet enchant) to allow Malevolence and Herald of Ash simultaneously.

I am also thinking about an armor upgrade, but they are over 10 exalted, except +2 AoE Shadowstich maybe.

Boots and belt are also upgradeable, but idk if the money is best spend elsewhere.

Or, maybe going dual curses with Whispers of Doom or Windshriek?

What would you buy? Any advices welcome!
Last edited by Eti88 on May 18, 2021, 5:28:41 PM
"
JSkynner wrote:
How many skill buttons do you guys press with this build?

I have hand issues and I'm willing to lose some dps in exchange for pressing fewer buttons and save my hands for ultimatum trials.

So I have:
Power Siphon (I use it since acts and never bothered to change for KB because I'm ok with clear speed until now) - chain support - flammability - hextouch

Wave of conviction - combustion

So I press Power Siphon button to farm (auto debuffing all enemies with flammability + hextouch), and on bosses I press wave of conviction too.

Is there a way to press just 1 button (2 for bosses) and be more effective? Maybe there is a really obvious way but I'm really new to the game and couldn't figure it.
Thanks!

I basically use one button which is for KB. I do use Flame Dash with Arcane Surge occasionally. My wand then triggers WoC, Flammability and if you want you can put a third in there such as Cold Snap to generate Frenzy charges if needed. KB is linked to Combustion, Chain and GMP. That's about it. Pretty simple and it's working very well. I do have all the cluster jewels though. I'm also only using the one unique ring for the EE. All the other gear is rare for a good amount of life. The rest of the gems are golems, a lvl 20 CWDT-Steelskin, HoA and Malevolence linked with Enlighten. The extra gem slot could be used to support the golems if you want or for Infernal Cry. I've really enjoyed this build with this setup so far. Sitting on 6486 life, 1693 es (with Corrupted Soul) and 2475 primal aegis. No problems at all with any content so far.
Last edited by RJonesUSC on May 18, 2021, 6:04:23 PM
"
Eti88 wrote:
Are trigger wands really good? Aren't they like, 4 seconds of exposure every 8 seconds if I socket only WoC in it, and if I socket for example Tempest Shield, it is 4 seconds of exposure every 16 seconds? I am not sold, but seems like I do not understand as everyone is using them.

Each skill has it's own cooldown of 8 seconds. So, WoC will fire approximately every 8 seconds no matter how many skills are socketed into the trigger wand.

If you have 3 spells socketed, say WoC, Flammability and Cold Snap in that order from top to bottom, WoC will trigger on the first attack. Flammability will trigger on the second attack, Cold Snap will trigger on the third attack. Then you'll have some attacks in between while the 8 second cooldown from WoC is active. Once the 8 seconds after WoC triggered has passed, then on the next attack WoC will trigger again. On the next attack, if 8 seconds have passed since Flammability was last triggered, Flammability will trigger again. Same with Cold Snap. Socketing more spells into the wand doesn't increase the cooldown of WoC as the cooldown isn't shared between all the spells. Kinda long-winded but I hope that makes sense.
"
Eti88 wrote:
Dear readers of Journal of Flameslinger, I need your advice. I have 10 exalteds to spend and I am absolutely clueless. I would like to improve my survivability.

(Malevolence is not used, I just have it socketed.)

(I also have Transcendent Mind, Anima Stone, 2x eminence and cluster jewels.)

I am thinking about doing the mana reservation pack (Charisma, shield affix, enlighten 4, helmet enchant) to allow Malevolence and Herald of Ash simultaneously.

I am also thinking about an armor upgrade, but they are over 10 exalted, except +2 AoE Shadowstich maybe.

Boots and belt are also upgradeable, but idk if the money is best spend elsewhere.

Or, maybe going dual curses with Whispers of Doom or Windshriek?

What would you buy? Any advices welcome!

You don't need an reservation shield, head with spellslinger enchant, charisma and enlighten is enough that you can use bot auras and have enough mana to cast kb... I swapped to enlighten 4 today, and itgives a push from 86mana to 110mana, that's not so much more... But you can check my char, all res max, also chaos and 2mill sirus a8 dps. Best invest will be a shadowstitch with duration gems👍
Thanks for the tips!

What I did is (1) I realized I can craft a much better affix to my current wand, (2) bought new gloves for +7% DPS for 3 exa, (3) bought new boots with better move speed for 65c, (4) bought a nice stygian vise (dont remember the price), and (5) changed the amulet to a +1 fire, +1 intelligence for +14% DPS (4 exa). I also had to buy a Primordial Eminence to replace the Primordial amulet to have +1 golems (30c with Cannot be Maimed).

The belt flask affix is super nice, I can use my quicksilver +1 times from maximum charges, increasing my sprint time from 15 secs to 20 secs. :)

I tried self-casting Flame Wall with swapping Spellslinger for Controlled Destruction and activating Malevolence, but for Sirus I did not like it (I can hit him better with GMP attacks), and conquerors die fast anyway. Maybe I'll try it vs e.g. Atziri.

Generally, it feels super nice now, I think the next upgrade will be a better +2 duration implicit armor. I also want to start casting Flammability (and maybe a second curse) manually, instead of using the flammability on hit ring, as the DPS would jump quite a bit, but I still have to figure out the most convenient method for it.
Last edited by Eti88 on May 22, 2021, 1:12:17 AM
"
Eti88 wrote:
Thanks for the tips!

What I did is (1) I realized I can craft a much better affix to my current wand, (2) bought new gloves for +7% DPS for 3 exa, (3) bought new boots with better move speed for 65c, (4) bought a nice stygian vise (dont remember the price), and (5) changed the amulet to a +1 fire, +1 intelligence for +14% DPS (4 exa). I also had to buy a Primordial Eminence to replace the Primordial amulet to have +1 golems (30c with Cannot be Maimed).

The belt flask affix is super nice, I can use my quicksilver +1 times from maximum charges, increasing my sprint time from 15 secs to 20 secs. :)

I tried self-casting Flame Wall with swapping Spellslinger for Controlled Destruction and activating Malevolence, but for Sirus I did not like it (I can hit him better with GMP attacks), and conquerors die fast anyway. Maybe I'll try it vs e.g. Atziri.

Generally, it feels super nice now, I think the next upgrade will be a better +2 duration implicit armor. I also want to start casting Flammability (and maybe a second curse) manually, instead of using the flammability on hit ring, as the DPS would jump quite a bit, but I still have to figure out the most convenient method for it.

Get a ring with accuracy and 32 increased flamma, so u can drop precision. With a lvl4 enlighten it could be that you have enough mana to use malevolence, gives a big push to dps.
Im using a trigger wand, and flamma ring, and I don't have a dmg problem, since change, also lost my survival problem. Only thinking about swapping vortex for colds AP to push frenzy charges.
Also you can link flammability with woc, and drop the flamma ring for a dot ring or something like that for more dmg 👍
Only looked at the char via phone, so no pob to check atm...
Personally I like the survival more than the dmg in my char, so I'm happy with the dmg as it is now, only thing I need to change now is a awa gmp, divergent golems and a +2/+2 aoe/duration chest, but 80ex is too much for me atm😂
"
Anî wrote:
"
Eti88 wrote:
Thanks for the tips!

Get a ring with accuracy and 32 increased flamma, so u can drop precision. With a lvl4 enlighten it could be that you have enough mana to use malevolence, gives a big push to dps.
Im using a trigger wand, and flamma ring, and I don't have a dmg problem, since change, also lost my survival problem. Only thinking about swapping vortex for colds AP to push frenzy charges.
Also you can link flammability with woc, and drop the flamma ring for a dot ring or something like that for more dmg 👍
Only looked at the char via phone, so no pob to check atm...
Personally I like the survival more than the dmg in my char, so I'm happy with the dmg as it is now, only thing I need to change now is a awa gmp, divergent golems and a +2/+2 aoe/duration chest, but 80ex is too much for me atm😂

Thanks for the tips!

For harder bosses, e.g. Sirius, I swap Kinetic Blast for Frenzy, which is my source for frenzy charges.

I just unveiled the trigger wand recipe yesterday, I might give it a go to get the feeling.

Also a fun idea I thought about to get Redblade Banner (gives warcries infinite power) and Infernal Cry, which would cover the unique boss in ash, giving me +20% fire damage. Could be too much effort though.

I just checked your setup, is Second Wind worth it? Is it better than say a Culling Strike to support 3 golem gems? Also, how do you like Tempest Shield?
Never swapped frenzy for kb, also never had problems with bosses xP

I personally like the use of second wind, for the extra flame dash charges, but it's also no problem to play with culling strike, i don't feel a big difference from culling to no culling, most mobs die to initial explosions from kbwall, but I think on tougher bosses or monsters, you can feel the culling strike more than in farming trash.

I like tempest shield on the trigger wand, it's just 1% block, but it's much if it saves you from death.
Also i love to play with trigger wand, cause it's more deff and dmg on the lillte sides you don't need to check/cast yourself ^^
So with 9 Golems running around I'm curious what everyone has summoned. Is there a preference for a certain number of flame golems over stone? I'm personally running 2x Flame, 2x Stone, 2x chaos, 2x lighting and then a ice golem. Not sure if this is the optimal use of them as I haven't found anything specific other than making sure to put the chaos golem in your ring.
"
Jive299 wrote:
So with 9 Golems running around I'm curious what everyone has summoned. Is there a preference for a certain number of flame golems over stone? I'm personally running 2x Flame, 2x Stone, 2x chaos, 2x lighting and then a ice golem. Not sure if this is the optimal use of them as I haven't found anything specific other than making sure to put the chaos golem in your ring.

I do one of each, then the rest are chaos golems (to keep up phys reduction and apply EE).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info