Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

I want Chris showed the table as he soneryl mobs on HC.
"
solidghost wrote:
"
Ambassador wrote:
i see a lot of people posting "we're not that dumb"

This is pretty much like winning a car, company says the car will be better, more easy to drive.

they release that the car will have 20 less horsepower then the latest car.

And you start complaining about the 20 less horsepower.

Without knowing what kind of shape or form the car has, what kind of engine it runs on, what kind of tires it has etc.

So much whine without getting to see the skill tree, or skill gems.

I'M NOT THAT DUMB, DON'T TELL ME THAT I AM.

But bro, they say that the ascendancies are much more powerful which is not true in most cases.

Quote in the original post
"These new changes have stripped away a lot of the peripheral minor stats from Ascendancy Classes and have added simplified, but much more powerful, options."

You're saying that they are saying these changes make the ascendancies more powerful. That is not what was said. What was said, that after the rework, you're left with options that FEEL more powerful and impactful. As in, they want ascendancies to have powerful, defining characteristics, not that they're just making everything more powerful. Two different things, duder.
"
Inubi wrote:
"
"
Inubi wrote:

Lol that's such bullshit. There's at least a couple HUNDRED builds that can kill awk 8 Sirus on less than 10 ex budget. Just learn the fight mechanics and it's not hard. But if you're used to staying in his storms on aurastacker then of course everything else will be underwhelming.

I never played an Aura Stacker, so far I played an Ierophant Totem and Enky Arc's Witch and both build failed at beating Sirius at Awakening over 0 since I laked the over 200 exalts necessary to buy the needed endgame gear 60 of which were for an Awakened gem. You have been proven wrong.
And Sirius isn't even the hardest thing around nowadays.

Then it's all about your mechanics. Enki's Arc build can farm it without any awakened gems and with gear worth like 10 ex.

there is no need to argue with this kind of people. they are not skilled enough or receptive to any info that can make them understand how to combine skills, passives and gear into a powerfull combo.
"
Krehlmar wrote:
Having played non-necromancer summoner since the end-beta, I fucking hate how GGG has entirely rescinded their idea of "player choice and custumization" and just entirely bent their ass to necromancers.

It's like they only fucking balance zombies and spectres for necromancers.

GEEE THANKS, you took what were like 8 summoner-skills and removed them from any other class and glued them to the fucking witch

Fuck it, fuck you, I'm done trying to make other summoners that use spectres. Tired of this moba-style "pick your hero and ultimate skill!" instead of creating my own

Now... I have to agree with this.

They need to think more about "off-meta"

I don't like that they are trying to implement "identity". PoE is good because it shows you a lot of possiblities and these possibilities need to be real and viable.

This is possible only because classes didn't have that much identity when the game was created, I mean, much less than other ARPGs.
I think It's a lie. You removed 10-15% of dmg in each node of necromancer and also nerf spectres and zombies gems and didnt give any powerful there. P.S. And you nerfed necro already 3 patches in a row with tree nodes and items.
Last edited by lm0nstrl on Jan 12, 2021, 12:26:58 PM
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:

there is no need to argue with this kind of people. they are not skilled enough or receptive to any info that can make them understand how to combine skills, passives and gear into a powerfull combo.

Then don't cry if your powerful combo is nerfed. Try to be coherent for once.
"
"
Gordyne wrote:
I don't see anything wrong in having passive builds that are easy to play requiring a lot of currency investment to make it work.

You missed the point where none of the builds I played were passive. I had to move around and press more buttons than my 50 years old man reflex allows me to do.

You are probably dying to Sirus because you probably dont have a movement speed potion on your bar. Sirus is learning the mechanics as well. You have to use a dash or another leap style movement skill when he does the die beam. Streamers beat that guy on a 1 ex build in SSF. And that is Awakener 8.

I am relatively old at 40 years old, it just takes time to learn the mechanics. Also, Sirus fight sucks in general, I am going to be avoiding it this season because I can. Which is great. The problem wasn't your build, it was that the fight sucks, bosses that vanish off-screen to do a turning beam at you that kill you instantly is a terrible mechanic.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
"
Gordyne wrote:
I don't see anything wrong in having passive builds that are easy to play requiring a lot of currency investment to make it work.

You missed the point where none of the builds I played were passive. I had to move around and press more buttons than my 50 years old man reflex allows me to do.

You are probably dying to Sirus because you probably dont have a movement speed potion on your bar. Sirus is learning the mechanics as well. You have to use a dash or another leap style movement skill when he does the die beam. Streamers beat that guy on a 1 ex build in SSF. And that is Awakener 8.

I am relatively old at 40 years old, it just takes time to learn the mechanics. Also, Sirus fight sucks in general, I am going to be avoiding it this season because I can. Which is great. The problem wasn't your build, it was that the fight sucks, bosses that vanish off-screen to do a turning beam at you that kill you instantly is a terrible mechanic.

Just because Streamer can do it doesn't mean something is possible. I will never be able to play soccer like Pele even if he can do it nor swim like a gold medal.
streamer are not normal people, but the top of their class most of us will never do what a streamer do in all their life.

And besides that, if followed the guide as a religious text so I had your potion and the movement skill but after something like 40 attempts I just stopped trying since no matter what I do I died anyway.

If I learned something about POE is that the only stat that means something is damage if you can't do enough damage you are nothing. Damage is the only thing that matter. This game is the Path of Firepower.
Last edited by ArionAthreides on Jan 12, 2021, 12:32:31 PM
Thanks, GGG. I believe in you!!
"
Gordyne wrote:
"
Krehlmar wrote:
Having played non-necromancer summoner since the end-beta, I fucking hate how GGG has entirely rescinded their idea of "player choice and custumization" and just entirely bent their ass to necromancers.

It's like they only fucking balance zombies and spectres for necromancers.

GEEE THANKS, you took what were like 8 summoner-skills and removed them from any other class and glued them to the fucking witch

Fuck it, fuck you, I'm done trying to make other summoners that use spectres. Tired of this moba-style "pick your hero and ultimate skill!" instead of creating my own

Now... I have to agree with this.

They need to think more about "off-meta"

I don't like that they are trying to implement "identity". PoE is good because it shows you a lot of possiblities and these possibilities need to be real and viable.

This is possible only because classes didn't have that much identity when the game was created, I mean, much less than other ARPGs.

I think off-meta should be based more on builds based on items rather than classes. I think they are right to pretty much-set zombies and spectres into a main skill tree. But I think off-meta should be able to increase the damage of those other things with other classes in a nice synergy where possible. Like have increae minion damage based on mana etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info