Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

"
Correctitude wrote:
Nerfs are good. They make us better players. Without nerfs, the game will become very easy to defeat.

Wrong. Nerfs brings struggle . Struggle kills fun. And when you can't find joy in playing , you quit. Simple as that. Unless you find joy in struggling.
I am bit confused... Was AuraBot Guardian that much OP ?
Chris even said he likes to play support builds ?!

Maybe we have to see this in practice.

Templar - Guardian Changes:

"

Modified
Unwavering Crusade
Added

Nearby Allies have 20% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed

Removed

Nearby Allies deal 30% increased Damage
Nearby Allies have 15% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed

Time of Need
Added

80% reduced Effect of Curses on you
Every 4 seconds, Regenerate 30% of Life over one second

Removed

25% reduced Effect of Curses on you
Every 5 seconds, remove Curses and Elemental Ailments from you
Every 5 seconds, Regenerate 30% of Life over one second

Harmony of Purpose
Added

20% chance to gain a Power, Frenzy or Endurance Charge on Hit

Removed

10% chance to gain a Power, Frenzy or Endurance Charge on Hit

Armour and Energy Shield, Charge Duration
Added

15% increased Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charge Duration

Removed

20% increased Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charge Duration

Unwavering Crusade 5% more ms,ats,cs is worth 30% dmg?
All other changes are also only little for guardian himself and more chances to get charges.
I mean all ascendancy get nerfed, we have to see how it works but:

Damn man, if this continues that way, this game will be more and more an Solo-Elitist Game as it already is. I thought you would compete a bit with Diablo 3's Group Play, that somehow a group of 4 or even the max 6-players play as an group of individual specialized characters ..
and go together for the content.

I mean is this not THE main reason rpg are all about? Even arpg with more and faster action would be the go-to if you can have fun in a group of 6 with 5 friends or LFG community?

Man..., Diablo 4 will kick you hard in the ass if their group play, pvp and somehow open world for an arpg will be polished and good.
Last edited by V1re on Jan 12, 2021, 12:33:33 PM
"
iuiulitza wrote:

Wrong. Nerfs brings struggle . Struggle kills fun. And when you can't find joy in playing , you quit. Simple as that. Unless you find joy in struggling.

GGG objective obtained.
"
Just because Streamer can do it doesn't mean something is possible. I will never be able to play soccer like Pele even if he can do it nor swim like a gold medal.
streamer are not normal people, but the top of their class most of us will never do what a streamer do in all their life.

And besides that, if followed the guide as a religious text so I had your potion and the movement skill but after something like 40 attempts I just stopped trying since no matter what I do I died anyway.

Well it may not be possible for you and 90% of the POE community. As I said that fight is a terrible fight because of what I said earlier and it is hard to see the opening when he does the circles around him. 2 parts of that fight people including myself fail because we cant see.
I dont really care for changes, can adapt.
Just remember to not overtune stuff because few elites are too strong.
Orherwise you scare off all casuals with their not that strong builds.
No casuals = no mtx and no money. Unless you all focused on Whales anyway.
nerfing=balancing :D still waiting for RF BUF
"
V1re wrote:
I am bit confused... Was AuraBot Guardian that much OP ?
Chris even said he likes to play support builds ?!

Maybe we have to see this in practice.

Templar - Guardian Changes:

Ms cs and as scale very well and feel good, yes I prefer these stats on my support SOME times, 30% INCREASED% damage is not so much, maybe slight nerf in dps overall, but more ms. And the others are buff to guardian, why u qq so hard?
I would like to see a 500% more cold damage over time on Occultist becouse im doing a Vortex build for 3.13 :)
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
Why are nerfs even a problem in the first place though? Killing monsters is fun. Exile go bonk. Vroom vroom!

If you value movement speed so much then why not try a different class this league? Raider got buffed and gives even more movement speed than Assassin did in the first place, Deadeye still gives the big juicy Tailwind, and there's many other options as well still. Or if you didn't value movement speed that much in the first place and just played Assassin to oneshot things then you can still do that, right?

There's many ways to enjoy this game. Whether you want to take your time or zoom through everything or both, there are many options; even some that are downright broken-levels of OP if that's what you enjoy the most. You just have to find them.

They did say the meta would change after all; finding out what's good (and more importantly, enjoyable) after the changes part of the fun and the challenge too.
I don't understand why the damage per enemy killed recently was removed from the game. (It was on Hierophant.) It was a unique, build-defining passive that I was able to make two builds around. 140 stacks on Coward's Trial! +840% increased damage! I don't really care where it is, (it could be put on a unique weapon or something) but it would be nice to have it exist somewhere still so that players could still build around it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info