Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

"
"
Gordyne wrote:

PoE players are so addicted to power that they forget to play the game.

You can't play the game without power especially when one of the gems you need cost twice the Exalted I've seen in two leagues or you can't simply beat Awakening 8 Sirius no matter what because you need 100ex gears unless you play a broken build.

There is half of the game I can't simply play because I will never be able to generate enough firepower to last more of one step simply because I can't farm 50exats a day by grinding the same map nonstop.

TLDR: I can't beat A8 Sirus on a low budget, brainless passive playstyle build now?
Uh.. my wife left me.
Last edited by Romados on Jan 12, 2021, 11:48:22 AM
"
"
Gordyne wrote:

You can't play the game without power especially when one of the gems you need cost twice the Exalted I've seen in two leagues or you can't simply beat Awakening 8 Sirius no matter what because you need 100ex gears unless you play a broken build.

There is half of the game I can't simply play because I will never be able to generate enough firepower to last more of one step simply because I can't farm 50exats a day by grinding the same map nonstop.

Lol that's such bullshit. There's at least a couple HUNDRED builds that can kill awk 8 Sirus on less than 10 ex budget. Just learn the fight mechanics and it's not hard. But if you're used to staying in his storms on aurastacker then of course everything else will be underwhelming.
"
Inubi wrote:
"
"
Gordyne wrote:

Lol that's such bullshit. There's at least a couple HUNDRED builds that can kill awk 8 Sirus on less than 10 ex budget. Just learn the fight mechanics and it's not hard. But if you're used to staying in his storms on aurastacker then of course everything else will be underwhelming.

played flashback in the event didnt droped 1 single exalted orb soo .... gl getting 10ex with me time and luck i will get the 10 ex meybe in 3 weeks
"
Gordyne wrote:

TLDR: I can't beat A8 Sirus on a low budget, brainless passive playstyle build now?

The fallacy of someone that has lost any other way to keep is obviously wrong point of view.
Thank you for proving me right.
Last edited by ArionAthreides on Jan 12, 2021, 11:53:56 AM
"
Romados wrote:
Uh.. my wife left me.

a true POE player =)
"
Correctitude wrote:
Nerfs are good. They make us better players. Without nerfs, the game will become very easy to defeat.

i,ve like 9 chars , and in heist it my first time to reach red maps with the necro build guide i use from youtube .it took me almost 4 years to reach red maps , u call that easy?

sry for my bad english
"
Inubi wrote:

I never played an Aura Stacker, so far I played an Ierophant Totem and Enky Arc's Witch and both build failed at beating Sirius at Awakening over 0 since I laked the over 200 exalts necessary to buy the needed endgame gear 60 of which were for an Awakened gem. You have been proven wrong.
And Sirius isn't even the hardest thing around nowadays.
Last edited by ArionAthreides on Jan 12, 2021, 12:00:00 PM
40 skill gem buffs. I am so excited. I read the scorching ray changes and really think it will now make the skill viable in A8 Sirius and Uber lab... So excited to read the full patch notes on how other skills are buffed as well similar to scorching ray. Just a question when the heist guy is trying to open doors and instead running around can I use scorching ray to penetrate the doors?
"
"
Inubi wrote:

I never played an Aura Stacker, so far I played an Ierophant Totem and Enky Arc's Witch and both build failed at beating Sirius at Awakening over 0 since I laked the over 200 exalts necessary to built the needed endgame gear 60 of which were for an Awakened gem. You have been proven wrong.
And Sirius isn't even the hardest thing around nowadays.

I don't see anything wrong in having passive builds that are easy to play requiring a lot of currency investment to make it work.

That is the weakness of this playstyle. You can't have something that is both strong as fk AND easy to play AND easy to get access to.

Everything needs to have clear strenghts and weaknesses.

It is called BALANCE.

Get used to it.

EDIT: Actually they need to find a way to make summoners a bit less passive. I'm going to make a post about it later.
Last edited by Gordyne on Jan 12, 2021, 12:03:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info