Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

Providing clearer identity for the nodes was a great and necessary move with new poe2 ascendencies in mind.

Options should be much easier to compare and understand now, especially for newer players who are not just following a guide and want to experience what makes POE in my opinion so great: all the possibilities and planning.
We have to understand this nerfs are necessary.

There are at least 20 people for each of these ascendancy's which got nerfed who abuse the system and have 20 mirror's to spend to make it look so overpowered. Not to mention the can play 18 hours a day.

Casual players which want to enjoy the game without getting one shot every 2 second and want to touch the end game a bit ( which by the way I guess is 90% of PoE players ) are not being considered since they are not streaming or have the currency to spend to make it overpowered.

So lets nerf the game to oblivion so the 0.5% of the player base gets a new challenge and find a new way to abuse the provided system. The need of the few outweighs the need of the many.

For example Minion builds are one of the most played builds in the game ( Checking post counts in the forums ) and they got literally destroyed. I don't know if turning off 30 to 40% of your player base is a good business decision to be honest. I for myself was thinking to come back for this expansion since it looked very promising before the needed nerfs were posted but I am not sure now.

More power to the nerfs!!!

"
BigGeorgesCZE wrote:
REALLY GGG ????

Nerf all classes = bad strategy...

Many angry players = low money from microtransaction...

Kills most played builds = many players stop play...

LOSE / LOSE SITUATION GGG

PS: I buy first time new supporter pack when not posted patch notes, OK my misstake, I rememenber GGG and many many players too...

PPS: I have about 7000 hours in PoE, and this situation is most sh***t all time playable

funny all this is making me buy supporter pack now lol.
cant wait. Will be one of the best leagues in a while. Like the rewards for challenges also. after a few weeks of whining the whining will stop like every league.

if you have 5000+ hours you have seen this happen over and over. I know i have in the 8000+ hours i've had in this game
"
98% of all changes are good.

But you can't just remove 34% movement speed altogether from an ascendancy straight up, in addition to its additional nerfs. You gutted Assassin, at least restore some movement speed.

No more money from me that's for sure unless partially reverted.

Maybe because the ascendancy has always been considered too strong by the majority of players?

I'm not disagreeing with you or saying that the way they nerfed Assassin was the right way to do it.

I'm just asking.
"
Gordyne wrote:

PoE players are so addicted to power that they forget to play the game.

You can't play the game without power especially when one of the gems you need cost twice the Exalted I've seen in two leagues or you can't simply beat Awakening 8 Sirius no matter what because you need 100ex gears unless you play a broken build.

There is half of the game I can't simply play because I will never be able to generate enough firepower to last more of one step simply because I can't farm 50exats a day by grinding the same map nonstop.
Loving the new changes!! good going GGG!!

Also loving the crying thats going on, poor babies hahahaha
Just wait and see whats going on 15th I guess
"
Gordyne wrote:
"
98% of all changes are good.

But you can't just remove 34% movement speed altogether from an ascendancy straight up, in addition to its additional nerfs. You gutted Assassin, at least restore some movement speed.

No more money from me that's for sure unless partially reverted.

Maybe because the ascendancy has always been considered too strong by the majority of players?

I'm not disagreeing with you or saying that the way they nerfed Assassin was the right way to do it.

I'm just asking.

Didn't they also make it so elusive is now basically always up for them and increased the effect of elusive? Elusive buffs movement speed, so isn't that going to negate a chunk of the MS loss?
The problem is that the changes exaggerate Jousis's "Build Triangle" - A build can only be two of the three: high-damage, tanky, or fun. GGG is trying to increase fun, but they reduced/removed Damage and Tank for most Ascendancies. Apart from Elementalist, who is probably even stronger than back in Bestiary now.
"
_Mordai_ wrote:
We have to understand this nerfs are necessary.

There are at least 20 people for each of these ascendancy's which got nerfed who abuse the system and have 20 mirror's to spend to make it look so overpowered. Not to mention the can play 18 hours a day.

Casual players which want to enjoy the game without getting one shot every 2 second and want to touch the end game a bit ( which by the way I guess is 90% of PoE players ) are not being considered since they are not streaming or have the currency to spend to make it overpowered.

So lets nerf the game to oblivion so the 0.5% of the player base gets a new challenge and find a new way to abuse the provided system. The need of the few outweighs the need of the many.

For example Minion builds are one of the most played builds in the game ( Checking post counts in the forums ) and they got literally destroyed. I don't know if turning off 30 to 40% of your player base is a good business decision to be honest. I for myself was thinking to come back for this expansion since it looked very promising before the needed nerfs were posted but I am not sure now.

More power to the nerfs!!!

totaly agree with your post

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info