Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

"

In my opinion, these changes are good, and i know there are some that don't agree on this or will hate me for this.

I see some players crying about Assassin being nerfed to the ground or some shit. Playing DoT builds was the job of the Trickster anyway, or, maybe Pathfinder for the chaos/poison. And, a nerf to the movement speed, in exchange for survivability buff. As well, a bit of buff to the elusive (50% inc effect instead of 25%). This class was made to be played for the crit, not for the DoT based builds.

Champion, is not nerfed, if we talk about the Fortify stuff, it was slightly changed, those minor points leading to the perma Fortify node, that used to grant "Attack damage", now granting "Effect of Fortify" are way better (instead of getting 20% less damage taken you get 21.5 or 22%). The impale nodes got nerfed, but nah, can't do nothing about it, as impale was kinda strong, and will still be, but you need more gear to make it work.

For those who say, Juggernaut or Slayer got nerfed, I must say, you're kinda wrong. They got buffed.
Having the perma leech on Slayer on a 2 points it's pretty good.
Undeniable from Jugg, got buffed, you get a lot more accuracy now in the end, and, as well as having more attack speed than before.

Necromancer ascendancy, got a bit of a nerf, not that much of a deal, anyway. The spectres, having their level reduced, i know, it's a big deal, but, it was needed, as minions were strong anyways.

Gladiator, kind of a mixed bag tbh, i won't say nothing here, except a nerf to the bleeding damage. But who was playing bleed with a Gladiator when you had Champion for a better defence.

Raider, neither a nerf nor a buff.

Hierophant, that node giving +4 to minimum endu and power charges is pretty good, and the change to "Ritual of Awakening" where you could summon two totems instead of one, is not a big deal, you already have the support gem.

And now, won't talk anymore about those changes as you get the point.

Guys, don't cry because your build got nerfed or shit like that. Find a way to build around it.
Anyway, these changes had to happen eventually.

P.S: sorry if I had some spelling errors, my english is not that good.

is not a big deal for hierophant?... 1 power charge give you a small boost, but check the cuts on 10%cast spd, increased dmg for every mob killed, 5 % in elemental penetration etc.. . And loose a gem socket on your 6link plus when you summon a totem you have a small delay till it starts shoot, now summon 3 times instead of 2. I fail to see where is the gain, i only see a huge loss
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
oh really? it was not a nerf?

Tell me how you "BUFFED" Guardian and Assassin(?).

ROFLMAO. These two classes are now dead.

Guardian DID get Buffed.. lol
Guardian and Berserker both got buffs; basically everything else got nerfed.
"

For those who say, Juggernaut or Slayer got nerfed, I must say, you're kinda wrong. They got buffed.
Having the perma leech on Slayer on a 2 points it's pretty good.
Undeniable from Jugg, got buffed, you get a lot more accuracy now in the end, and, as well as having more attack speed than before.

Well, I'm waiting until I see patchnotes but atm Slayer (my favorite class) has lost 50% bonus damage while leeching. True, nodes were shifted so it's easier to get defensive layer now but in the end my damage dealing capabilities are going to be reduced. This change will prolly be good for people who weren't going fully into leech nodes, yet for me it's a bit of disappointment.

Yet, I'm waiting to see the rest of the changes.
"
DarkLegionary wrote:
lol the outrage is hilarious, some things DID get nice buffs (namely elementalist inquisitor and deadeye, as well as others that got number buffs and/or pathing improvements) but people were already aware of that so when other things get nerfed its "REEEEEEEEEEE YOU'RE NERFING EVERYTHING!!!!".

Guys. Calm down. 40 skills are getting changes, too. The meta builds in this league will be different from last league. Adapt.

exactly its hilarious

except that new leagues = changes. maybe good or bad but there will always be changes.
they can not add things without making changes. and some are needed or tried out each and every league.

so if new leagues = changes.
and changes = only whining cause of changes, than why would whiners want to play new leagues...

each league starts out with whining about changes and nerfs. than they get a overpowered character build to hold their hand while they play and the whining stops for awhile. oh I almost forgot the threads to go back to diablo that happen around this time every league.

just except new league = changes and adapt.
You killed wander builds again lol but I really don’t see any ascendancy I like I feel like all my favorite builds got shit on. Great job guys
rawrawr
"
Estreiher wrote:
Well, I'm waiting until I see patchnotes but atm Slayer (my favorite class) has lost 50% bonus damage while leeching. True, nodes were shifted so it's easier to get defensive layer now but in the end my damage dealing capabilities are going to be reduced. This change will prolly be good for people who weren't going fully into leech nodes, yet for me it's a bit of disappointment.

Yet, I'm waiting to see the rest of the changes.

Mebby just take the first leech node and get extra damage from another node you weren't planning on taking?
"
One of the tricky parts of game balance is that when you remove familiar past options, and replace them with powerful new options, until you become familiar with the new options it's going to feel like a loss.

Explain this "powerful" new option then because all I see it's a loss.
Are you afraid to call the majority of them nerfs ? Is it that hard to be honest this days?
Also do you actually hate group play that much?

Well, at least you didn't blame Cyberpunk this time... so that's a plus
Last edited by ezarurazvan on Jan 11, 2021, 9:13:05 PM
I think I understand what you guys were going for and I agree with what you're all aiming at. I just don't think you fulfilled your goal here. In the post you refer to powereful new options many times as if that applies to every ascendancy. Unfortunately some feel unnecessarily gutted without anything of note added. Functionally making this a nerf pass for most instead of a sidegrade. Even if that wasn't the intention. Also please stop taking away sources of movement speed. Going slow not only feels really bad it gets you killed.
Literally everything in necro was a nerf. What "pOwErFuL nEw OpTiOnS" are you talking about?
To all Necromancers :

Stop whining, minions have been, and are, still OP. Jesus, even with some nerfs.

Lame way of playing the game, it's way too easy and rewarding for the playstyle.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info