Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

DONT MAKE ME DO IT...........Back to D3 RIP
Imagine nerfing the primary damage mitigation on the class that only 3% of people hit 100 on in HC Heist.

There was hardly a reason to play Assassin in HC as it was, now the devs seem to be catering to the meme zoomer builds in SC.

Dissapointing.
God, where do all these crybabies came from?
good job ggg, this was an extremely necessary shake

In Chris Wilson we trust
Amem
The purpose of Ascendancy classes was to give more identity and more distinct playstyles. These changes reflect that which is good. Let them scream and moan all they want this was a step in the right direction.

In my opinion, these changes are good, and i know there are some that don't agree on this or will hate me for this.

I see some players crying about Assassin being nerfed to the ground or some shit. Playing DoT builds was the job of the Trickster anyway, or, maybe Pathfinder for the chaos/poison. And, a nerf to the movement speed, in exchange for survivability buff. As well, a bit of buff to the elusive (50% inc effect instead of 25%). This class was made to be played for the crit, not for the DoT based builds.

Champion, is not nerfed, if we talk about the Fortify stuff, it was slightly changed, those minor points leading to the perma Fortify node, that used to grant "Attack damage", now granting "Effect of Fortify" are way better (instead of getting 20% less damage taken you get 21.5 or 22%). The impale nodes got nerfed, but nah, can't do nothing about it, as impale was kinda strong, and will still be, but you need more gear to make it work.

For those who say, Juggernaut or Slayer got nerfed, I must say, you're kinda wrong. They got buffed.
Having the perma leech on Slayer on a 2 points it's pretty good.
Undeniable from Jugg, got buffed, you get a lot more accuracy now in the end, and, as well as having more attack speed than before.

Necromancer ascendancy, got a bit of a nerf, not that much of a deal, anyway. The spectres, having their level reduced, i know, it's a big deal, but, it was needed, as minions were strong anyways.

Gladiator, kind of a mixed bag tbh, i won't say nothing here, except a nerf to the bleeding damage. But who was playing bleed with a Gladiator when you had Champion for a better defence.

Raider, neither a nerf nor a buff.

Hierophant, that node giving +4 to minimum endu and power charges is pretty good, and the change to "Ritual of Awakening" where you could summon two totems instead of one, is not a big deal, you already have the support gem.

And now, won't talk anymore about those changes as you get the point.

Guys, don't cry because your build got nerfed or shit like that. Find a way to build around it.
Anyway, these changes had to happen eventually.

P.S: sorry if I had some spelling errors, my english is not that good.

Look forward to the patch notes because 3/3 builds I wanted to play (not aura stacker) doesn't seem very good now. Will try to keep an open mind and make something new.
A setback is simply a setup for your next comeback.
can anyone point me where is the buff on totems...now you loose a gem slot and totems become even more dependent on soul mantle..
Last edited by TermsOfUser on Jan 11, 2021, 8:43:26 PM
"

In my opinion, these changes are good, and i know there are some that don't agree on this or will hate me for this.

I see some players crying about Assassin being nerfed to the ground or some shit. Playing DoT builds was the job of the Trickster anyway, or, maybe Pathfinder for the chaos/poison. And, a nerf to the movement speed, in exchange for survivability buff. As well, a bit of buff to the elusive (50% inc effect instead of 25%). This class was made to be played for the crit, not for the DoT based builds.

Champion, is not nerfed, if we talk about the Fortify stuff, it was slightly changed, those minor points leading to the perma Fortify node, that used to grant "Attack damage", now granting "Effect of Fortify" are way better (instead of getting 20% less damage taken you get 21.5 or 22%). The impale nodes got nerfed, but nah, can't do nothing about it, as impale was kinda strong, and will still be, but you need more gear to make it work.

For those who say, Juggernaut or Slayer got nerfed, I must say, you're kinda wrong. They got buffed.
Having the perma leech on Slayer on a 2 points it's pretty good.
Undeniable from Jugg, got buffed, you get a lot more accuracy now in the end, and, as well as having more attack speed than before.

Necromancer ascendancy, got a bit of a nerf, not that much of a deal, anyway. The spectres, having their level reduced, i know, it's a big deal, but, it was needed, as minions were strong anyways.

Gladiator, kind of a mixed bag tbh, i won't say nothing here, except a nerf to the bleeding damage. But who was playing bleed with a Gladiator when you had Champion for a better defence.

Raider, neither a nerf nor a buff.

Hierophant, that node giving +4 to minimum endu and power charges is pretty good, and the change to "Ritual of Awakening" where you could summon two totems instead of one, is not a big deal, you already have the support gem.

And now, won't talk anymore about those changes as you get the point.

Guys, don't cry because your build got nerfed or shit like that. Find a way to build around it.
Anyway, these changes had to happen eventually.

P.S: sorry if I had some spelling errors, my english is not that good.

Exactly, lazy people always want the minumum effort, put some work into it to make the build strong, don`t rely on an ascendancy to break the game for you. I bet that everyone that is crying can`t even create a build from the ground and always expects someone that loved these changes to pastebin a pob for them
"
Sh4dwn wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
people will always focus on the negative.
you could give someone a 14 foot diameter cake, but take away their small cookie and they'll just cry about losing the cookie.

my 3 year old does the same thing sometimes

What is the positive ?

You haven't seen the patch notes.

Molten Strike gets nerfed. xDDD

Jokes aside, don't be hasty. Patch notes, new items...
lol the outrage is hilarious, some things DID get nice buffs (namely elementalist inquisitor and deadeye, as well as others that got number buffs and/or pathing improvements) but people were already aware of that so when other things get nerfed its "REEEEEEEEEEE YOU'RE NERFING EVERYTHING!!!!".

Guys. Calm down. 40 skills are getting changes, too. The meta builds in this league will be different from last league. Adapt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info