Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

Yeah, tell that to mirror/blink arrow, damn thing gets fuck all support as is, then you drop the only support is it does get? Filler stat my arrowshaft..
do this mean minion skill gems will come with 30% more duration and damage bonus? i hope so
no third challenge reward since beta lmao
"
Havo wrote:
For not trying to nerf things you did a great job nerfing everything. I hate to see what happens when you try to do it.

Mind showing us in detail what the powerful new things are? I see something like this

Added
20% more Damage with Bleeding

Removed
Attacks have 25% chance to cause Bleeding
30% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Bleeding Enemies
25% more Damage with Bleeding

So how is 20% more of something more powerful than 25% more of the same thing plus 2 other things. I'm confused.

When the 25% bleed chance is added to the passive before it, and the skill changes they haven't release will likely compensate. Also taking 1 example out of dozens of other examples to try to show that something is a nerf when they explicitly already said that they nerfed things that were more powerful than intended. It's unfortunate that reading comprehension isn't a notable passive on the tree...
How is removing 5% increased damage in each travel node for the necromancer not a nerf?
I mean there's a difference between changing up the meta by shifting stats and pushing people away from a node all together, for necromancer and assassin they just got nerfed. The tree for Necro has been reduced by 20% damage and 2/3 changes have only REMOVED what the class had. The only one that seemed like it could change anything was the Skill effect duration but if you don't use Offering skills this was just another nerf to SRS and Phantoms. I mean at least Assassin got elusive buffed which MIGHT compensate for the speed nerf but necromancer didn't get any one of it's trees improved.
Acknowledgement goes a long way in these kind of topics. It has to be acknowledged that some ascendancies were just nerfed. Probably with good reason. And they might not really get powerful new options. And that's k. But say it like that (?).

I love GGG more than I do my family, and this is a fact. But no more than I do my dog. Thank you for your work, keep it up, you make me happy on a daily basis.
"
Magn3th3ad wrote:
Personally most of these nerfs probably aren't going to affect me too much since my skill level is pretty low anyway, but I feel for those players for whom a few percentage points here and there really impact their character's playability.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I imagine when you are min-maxxing a character that those percentage points start to snowball and have a significant effect.

its not few percentage LOL

its like you had Ferrari and a ton of fun cruising maps, but now its toyota corolla

thats why ppl malding

oh and main point - they took ferrari and gave nothing instead
raider was shit raider will be shit cause that class is pure garbage by default
Last edited by BlackBlackRainbow on Jan 11, 2021, 8:15:23 PM
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
kiljoy wrote:
each league changes the game
each league people whine about changes.(without full picture or even trying them)

enjoy the game, except the change and enjoy the change.

least now they got something more to whine about than doors in hiest and harvest lol

cant wait for new league. will be a lot of fun.

Some people like playing a new build every month. Some people get attached to the builds they love playing. You can't fault either play style.

GGG's idea of meta shifting every league is always going to upset some people and make others happy.

I get that but leagues are changes and new. New league is new builds.
old builds go softcore.

going into new league you are expecting to start over and explore changes good and bad.

If not wanting new than why not just play softcore? ( i assume tbh. all my chars went to softcore grave yard at end of leagues to never be touched again til deleted for space)
I can say with 100% certainty, that as a person who wanted to play a Toxic rain Herald of Agony Pathfinder for the first time, these changes were extremely disadvantageous, to the point that I am no longer sure I will even attempt the build. The extra time on virulence stacks was the biggest way this ascendancy stood out to me, and it has LOST it's uniqueness and power with this change. I appreciate that there is a large depth of content and I will find other things to play, it is just really disappointing to lose the exact unique aspect of the ascendancy that I was most excited about.
GGG destroyed builds/ascendancies that weren't even meta ..... this is ridiculous
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info