Reworked and Changed Ascendancy Classes in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

"
"
twigster121 wrote:
"
[

I personaly like the thought of permanent onslaught in the way champion has fortify though =)

Nerf hammer is also a huge exaggeration, they gain way more consistent survivability at the cost of 30%~ increased attack damage, not exactly a huge loss.

ikr, how anyone can complain about a loss of 30% inc damage while getting perma onslaught with 50% increased effect is beyond me

Feels like people overall just don‘t really grasp how damage scaling actually works in this game. Getting flat inc% damage on an ascendancy node feels so utterly underwhelming compared to the usual stuff that is available on ascendancy nodes (such as %more damage, additional avenues of scaling or other unique effects).

Honestly the changes look largely fine, not in love with losing MS across the board but at the same time I have ended up on an Assasin of some kind in the last 4 leagues, largely bc of the MS, so I can kinda see where they are coming from.
once again melee chars gets heavily nerfed. i guess i will skip this league.
Calling these drastic and in part totally unnecesarry removals for almost every Acendancy "some numerical changes" is gutsy, I can give you that.

Some Ascendancies were expected and hit (too) heavy, but did Hierophant, Raider and Jugger for example really need nerfs like that?
Classes that were played by 1-3% of players in the last leagues?

Or did you think we would miss it if small numerical lines like "40% increased Elemental Damage" are just gone?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Damage over Time is not the same as Increased Damage, right?
So will build like that even work on Occultist and Trickser from now on?

Patient Reaper on Trickter for example, the first 2 nodes you usually take when you go for a DoT build, now does absolutely nothing to help your damage, or am I missing something?

"
aoneaone wrote:
"
nophey wrote:
Can we just assume they are moving power from the Ascendancy nodes and then putting the power into the base tree nodes instead?

Chris said he wanted to streamline the Ascendancies to make them feel more focused, so people losing their minds about damage being removed seems a bit premature.

I can't believe I had to go through 19 pages before someone thought of this.

People see the damage nodes being removed from their class and start crying without even looking at the other ones, and those that do look at the others think they want us to be weak, instead of considering that maybe its streamlined because the power part is going to be more evenly available to everyone in some other way.

Are you new to GGG, or just naive? Bless you.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Jan 11, 2021, 6:42:51 PM
Man, I hope mirror/blink arrow gets some love with the supposed gem overhaul, cause after this, I don't know why I bother with the damn things, may as well do skeletons forever(which were also nerfed with this, and no fucking buffs either, thanks.)
so you buff 5 ascendancy and nerf to the ground everything else.... classic
so can someone point me to ascendency good for Caustic Arrow/Toxic rain now, because looks like everything viable before got nerfed by removing dot or/and chaos dmg.
Occultist maybe? kek
Last edited by sajm0n on Jan 11, 2021, 6:51:00 PM
Honestly GGG just .... off u guys are so terrible at balancing it just make me cry a few numerical changes ya nerfing everything even ascendancys which only saw a 0.3% play to begin with i mean wtf

"
sajm0n wrote:
so can someone point me to ascendency good for Caustic Arrow/Toxic rain now, because looks like everything viable before got nerfed by removing dot or/and chaos dmg.
Occultist maybe? kek

TR was very good on pathfinder and better than trickster in some cases. now you got 20% less increased aoe but if you still can manage to reach the 30 aoe radius from somewhere you gain 15% more chaos damage :)
Last edited by Abax11 on Jan 11, 2021, 6:59:41 PM
Looks like the entitlement class got hit hard! XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info