Reworked and Changed Ascendancy Classes in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

"
Yorouichi wrote:
I play summoner every league, no matter if it buffed, nerfed or changed. I will play it this league too.
But. You said you want to nerf specters/golems because they are stronger than zombies. Plus u nerf aura stackers, which was one of minion choices.
OK, but why u nerf overall minion damage (AGAIN), and don't add anything new? Minion damage is nerfed 2 leagues in a row, and nothing added insted in ascendancy. Give us at least some utility or defensive buff or interesting mechanic. Double league nerf is hard to bear when u do not compensate it with smth else.
Just imagine a player who did aura spectre build last league and he wants to play it again -
Auras - NERF, alright let's try to forget auras and just do specters
but Spectres - NERF, ok specters were nerfed, ill just bear with it
but Overall minion damage - NERF
I hope u did those nerfs not just to make ppl to dump spectres and play other minions/builds, but u actually made sure that even with those changes ppl still able to go spectres for late game and new Maven content if they want.

I think you're playing the game wrong in a certain manner...

My friends were doing all content pretty much casually and another staying afk in blighted maps also not to forget the golems guy who could kill sirus because he had 70mil dps with golems

Youre just crying because you cant faceroll all content and actually need to play in order to do something

I hope they nerf them again and again!

Just imagine a player who did a minion build and cant play it again because his minions die now or that boss with 22 million health is surviving more than 4 seconds wooooow
I'm sort of confused as to why most ascendancies ended up losing 50% to 150% increased damage, especially since we are not expecting any changes on the tree, with no real way to compensate for these damage loses. This isn't a case of reducing low investment value, this is a global nerf at all investment levels.
Last edited by GkSanchez on Jan 11, 2021, 6:36:08 PM
The first few posts were all like pog or dank. Lol. I guess after players start reading through they all were disappointed.

Anyway guys let's see whether the gem "buffs" GGG promised will be able to compensate for the nerfs to most ascendencies.
Let's summarize the necromancer class, now. Lost 40% minion dmg . 30% minion dmg when a corps is consumed recently. 20% mana . 30% increased Skill Effect Duration
30% increased Minion Duration and traded all of this for 10% increased Skill Effect Duration . That's a buff , i guess.
I mean, I understand you want to slow down the game...

But how can you remove speed on two crucial Assassin ascendancies, and not give anything in return ?

-30% movement speed, on top of other nerfs... Jeez
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
solidghost wrote:
The first few posts were all like pog or dank. Lol. I guess after players start reading through they all were disappointed.

Anyway guys let's see whether the gem "buffs" GGG promised will be able to compensate for the nerfs to most ascendencies.

I dont think a few percentages on certain skills, underperforming skills btw, will be able to account for 50% to 150% damage loses on a lot of acendancies but all we can do is wait and see.
To be honest when you said that will adjust every ascendency I thought you would buff some number and nerf other a little but omg the nerf to assassin seems over the top and a lot of the changes seems more of a nerf than a adjust and improve

seems like the power level of the new rework classes will be just overwhelming compeer to the rest so I hope this is just a nerf to make people try the new ascendancies and not something you find reasonable cuz holy shit assassin just took one big for the team and hierophant too and well trickster just lost all his damage reduction so will be a crystal with some little bonuses
"
nophey wrote:
Can we just assume they are moving power from the Ascendancy nodes and then putting the power into the base tree nodes instead?

Chris said he wanted to streamline the Ascendancies to make them feel more focused, so people losing their minds about damage being removed seems a bit premature.

I can't believe I had to go through 19 pages before someone thought of this.

People see the damage nodes being removed from their class and start crying without even looking at the other ones, and those that do look at the others think they want us to be weak, instead of considering that maybe its streamlined because the power part is going to be more evenly available to everyone in some other way.
Incredible they destroyed summoner. I guess GGG really hates summoners.
"
IepureBarbar wrote:
"
Yorouichi wrote:
I play summoner every league, no matter if it buffed, nerfed or changed. I will play it this league too.
But. You said you want to nerf specters/golems because they are stronger than zombies. Plus u nerf aura stackers, which was one of minion choices.
OK, but why u nerf overall minion damage (AGAIN), and don't add anything new? Minion damage is nerfed 2 leagues in a row, and nothing added insted in ascendancy. Give us at least some utility or defensive buff or interesting mechanic. Double league nerf is hard to bear when u do not compensate it with smth else.
Just imagine a player who did aura spectre build last league and he wants to play it again -
Auras - NERF, alright let's try to forget auras and just do specters
but Spectres - NERF, ok specters were nerfed, ill just bear with it
but Overall minion damage - NERF
I hope u did those nerfs not just to make ppl to dump spectres and play other minions/builds, but u actually made sure that even with those changes ppl still able to go spectres for late game and new Maven content if they want.

I think you're playing the game wrong in a certain manner...

My friends were doing all content pretty much casually and another staying afk in blighted maps also not to forget the golems guy who could kill sirus because he had 70mil dps with golems

Youre just crying because you cant faceroll all content and actually need to play in order to do something

I hope they nerf them again and again!

Just imagine a player who did a minion build and cant play it again because his minions die now or that boss with 22 million health is surviving more than 4 seconds wooooow

I am guessing that if you are a casual player you won't be playing a 70 mil dps golem build right? So damn expensive this league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info