Content Update 3.12.0 -- Path of Exile: Heist

Let's say I have a fire damage build. I have easy access to a +1 curse node and can have Elemental weakness + Flammability on-hit or low-trigger CWDT which gives enemies -83% fire resistance at level 20 gems.

What is the equivalent to that for physical damage currently?
Vulnerability

No longer causes attack hits to have a chance to Maim cursed enemies.
So players who are not using Vaal Axe base or Flesh and Stone are loosing a source of Maim. Not that long ago balance team had removed Maim as support from chests.

No longer causes cursed enemies to take increased physical damage from damage over time.
This rework looks fatal... That's big nerf to Gladiators or other melee bleed builds utilising Fist of War support gem (big increase of ailment damage) - for example Earthquake loosing some potential.

Curses applied by casting this spell now gain 10 Doom per second.
What do we know about Hex scaling? Nothing. Vulnerability now gives only advantage of faster dealing damage from bleeds. What will happen if we stack Doom? This percentage will get better value?

Now causes ailments inflicted on cursed enemies to deal damage 20% faster.
There are other resources of faster dealing bleed damage? Now we have influenced items to use that opportunity if someone need it - Bleeding you inflict deals Damage X % faster - Hunter Influence for Two Hand Swords, Two Hand Axes, Two Hand Maces, Bows and Boots. Let's get real, anybody use that mod? We can get points in passive tree too.

The point is... Vulnerability is now completely useless for hard hitting characters, maybe it'd still work with high attack speed and Crimson dance - but you've nerfed a little dual-wielders too.

Edit:
Now we have to deal with situation - bleed boys have lost useful Hex. Additional Cluster Jewels will be mandatory to compensate it...
Last edited by ヤンKyojin on Sep 16, 2020, 8:55:41 AM
"
d1rtiq wrote:
"
Why on earth have GGG nerfed totem builds, capping out self curses to 8 from 13 means the soul mantle provides less damage via self-flaggeration.

I really wish GGG would use their brains a little. I get with the separation of hexes and marks, that this had to happen mechanically, but all they had to do to compensate was buff the numbers of self-flaggeration. The fact they did not means they either wanted to nerf totem builds (yeah, they are so op right...) or they didn't think the changes through and test. Clearly it is the latter.

Cant find 8 curses cap

Soul Mantle will only inflict Hexes, not Marks, and Self-Flagellation probably wouldn't grant increased damage for a Mark even if it did.
Last edited by Ubiquitan on Sep 16, 2020, 9:28:53 AM
"
baton94 wrote:
Good luck applying hex on a specific boss whos in the middle of chaos, surrounded by billions of mobs. seriously idk why its not an area of effect skill which ignores all the mobs except bosses.
btw resolute technique remains trash for another league, i know its melee but cmon. U've introduced precision, flat acc on skill tree/ascendancies, changed sword to give flat acc, jewels with acc and RT became pointless...who even uses it. EO has +40%more dmg while RT what? blind doesnt effect you anymore? Nice deal for sacrificing crits, just add some fine nodes behind it...

Comes down to skill, doesn't it ? If you are unable to click on the fat boss in the middle, it's on you. Also, you mean Mark :)
Last edited by dyneol on Sep 16, 2020, 9:05:39 AM
ew
lol 16c delirium zana
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Like what the fuck every update another fucking nerf this is getting fucking old
Is Bane dead now that it doesn't scale with curse skills?
"
Made a multitude of visual adjustments to the brightness (and bloom effect) of skills and effects throughout the game.

Does this mean I'll be able to see stuff before it's a character width away from me? Any zone with even medium light was terrible this league no matter how much I messed with the bloom.
Pog

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info