Path of Exile Is Coming to macOS in September!

"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile is coming to macOS

Hope it will be playable on High Sierra
"
zEUZz wrote:
Great! But looks like an exercise in futility. You will just have to redo it nexish year when they change to ARM. The first ones are already coming this year. So it seems like an horrible timing to relase for an legacy architecture that is just about to expire.

The work they do on porting to x86_64 macOS will not be useless when it comes to ARM macOS. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a coder, so trust me when I say porting to a given OS is more than half the battle. The optimisation for a different ISA is relatively minor in comparison for high-level languages.
Linux please.
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Linux please!
Yes Linux version please!
Well now you have two years optimize it for the new mobile cpus, that all the new macs are going to use...yeah
What about Linux? POE is the only reason I still have Windows on a second drive.
Good to know you're catering to the 10 people who play POE and have a mac. Now can you work on native support for linux so i can stop using a vm just to play your game. There are a lot more people like me than Apple sheeple who play POE.
I am happy to have this on my iMac iinstead of having to use Parallels which costs me a pretty penny. Anyways yes this POE will be playable on my Mac BUT, when the new version of POE (2) comes out it will not be playable on the mac OS as before. Just going to be available for Windows Only. So it will be nice to play on both computers I have MacOS and Windows, until the NEW POE 2 is available then it's back to the PC only.
Make cross play be possible, pls... Thanks anyway!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info