Path of Exile Is Coming to macOS in September!

wow just imagine playing poe with negative fps in HC xD

srly, ok. It's worth try i guess
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Thanks. Great news!
Let me see the new paaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch T_T
While I agree with a lot of people here that a Linux release would be nice (since I've found in the past that porting from Mac to Linux isn't suuuuper difficult (aside from the intricacies of going from Darwin to GNU/Linux but eh)), I'm more concerned about making sure everything else is ironed out first. The game runs pretty well in Proton if you use Glorious Eggroll's fork (version 5.9-3-ST is what I've been using, make sure to set your renderer to Vulkan so the passthrough functionality works), so it's not a huge concern for me personally.

Please feel free to tell me why I'm wrong in the following replies.
Linux. It pains me to have to keep Windows 10 on my computer just for PoE. Worth it, but not ideal.
GGG, just port the game on Stadia, so everyone will be able to play your game on PC, mac, linux, TV, phone, car, fridge, etc...
Just one port to rule them all.
Oh, and everyone will be able to play with the same quality and responsiveness, regardless of the hardware.

Probably it will never happen, but one can dream.
Time to merge consoles and pc!
fix PlayStation port
"
aleksandrium wrote:
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile is coming to macOS

Hope it will be playable on High Sierra

That will likely be the absolute minimum OS as it was the first to introduce proper bugfixes for the Metal drivers. It also introduced support for Metal GPU Family 2 (AMD R4xx series and later, nVidia Kepler and later [Note: Kepler v2/GK110B officially supported, Kepler 6xx not officially supported but works].
Last edited by SquishyTia on Aug 21, 2020, 4:40:05 AM
"
Norky wrote:
"
zEUZz wrote:
Great! But looks like an exercise in futility. You will just have to redo it nexish year when they change to ARM. The first ones are already coming this year. So it seems like an horrible timing to relase for an legacy architecture that is just about to expire.

The work they do on porting to x86_64 macOS will not be useless when it comes to ARM macOS. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a coder, so trust me when I say porting to a given OS is more than half the battle. The optimisation for a different ISA is relatively minor in comparison for high-level languages.

Rosetta 2 will ease the transition, though likely at a performance penalty just like Rosetta 1 incurred fourteen years ago. The difference here is that Apple knows their CPU much better than they knew Intel's at the time of the first transition.

People aren't worried so much about the ARM CPU itself, but Apple's ability to make a GPU on par with at least halfway decent desktop GPU performance. The CPU side can be a beast, as seen with how Marvell has managed to create a 60 core monster. No, I don't think Apple's going to hit that many cores, but it can probably scale to 18-24 cores relatively easily at desktop monolithic and/or MCM sizes. If Apple decides its GPUs aren't ready for prime time yet, they can definitely go the MCM route.
"
ultimoblaze wrote:
It pains me to have to keep Windows 10 on my computer just for PoE.

so true...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info