Path of Exile Is Coming to macOS in September!

The mac client seems to work and is mostly stable. Some bugs I have noticed so far:

1>. You cannot launch the client from the shortcut, you have to drill down into the contents folder and open the app directly.

2>. When you hit escape to open the menu, the game immediately goes into windowed mode at a reduced resolution.

3>. About 50% of the time, when you open the client, you cannot click on anything (such as the login button.). It just doesn't accept keyboard or mouse inputs. I have noticed this is extremely common if for whatever reason, the game opens on another screen and you drag it to your main one.

4>. When you spend skill points, it automatically applies the points. There is no option to back out/hit cancel etc. Once you have clicked that point is spent....

5>. When it gets a bit busy the fps sometimes drops really low, single digit low. Honestly my system should / does crush this game so I am not sure what is going on with this.

6>. Sometimes for no explicable reason the screen will freeze for 3-5 seconds then it will play catch-up with a few seconds of extreme turbo movement. I think this might have something to do with location services, which can throttle the network briefly in some applications.

My system:

2018 Mac Mini running 10.15.7
Intel i7 6core cpu
32GB ddr4 ram
Vega 64 w/8Gb VRam
NVME ssd
Dual 2560x1440 monitors (1 in portrait mode).
In The Solaris Temple, game client disconnected unexpectedly in certain point in the map.
Another bug. When you go into someone else's hideout to do a trade, you lose the ability to split stacks... If you go back to your hideout or a town it works again.

Also, if you shift desktops while running the game (which is very very common). The game locks up for a bit and sometimes locks the whole computer up. Once I even had to disconnect the GPU and reboot the machine to get it back.

Is there any word on the MacOS client bug fixes coming down the pipe?
Last edited by TGKarsus on Oct 28, 2020, 1:11:25 PM
"
Stack0verfl0w wrote:
In The Solaris Temple, game client disconnected unexpectedly in certain point in the map.

I hit this exact same thing. Solaris Temple level 2, disconnect every time I start going through there.
"
Adolan wrote:
Is there a recommended System Requirements yet ?

Yes. I'd like to know about this. I do have a i7/nvidia laptop but i wanna try it on my wife's macbook which unfortunately is intel iris only.

Anyone tried it on iris mac ?

AND,

If the game ever launches on Linux, that would be one dream come true for me because i use a dual boot laptop Win8.1/Linux Mint Mate. And the only reason i boot on Windows is playing games.

That would be a total freedom from windows for me. But I don't know if that's technically possible or not.

Last edited by Blizzard_Victims on Nov 1, 2020, 10:31:02 AM
sooo... where is it? I cant find a download link anywhere
"
adambernath wrote:
sooo... where is it? I cant find a download link anywhere

It is here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936392

The client is pretty buggy, and even with an i7-6core desktop cpu and a vega 64 (Nvidia 1080 equivalent) I only average around 20fps. It does work though.
Oh man, PUMPED for this. I remember in the early days we could play via a wrapper… but this is needed! That you GGs I look forwards to getting off my PS4 and getting back to the computer!

Side note: Do you need beta testers for it?
Side Side Note: Found that Client to test :D :D :D

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
The dead will rise again!!
Last edited by riptide76 on Nov 15, 2020, 9:47:05 PM
So ... when on mac now ? ...
So ... when on mac now ? ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info