Harvest could be worst league ever?

"
AbilityPoints wrote:
I have decided to engage with Harvest after finally copying a layout. It looks good and everything is in place but there is one problem. Each map only gives enough seeds to almost fill one plot sometimes less. I have three plots for each T1 seeds and it takes forever to fill them back up.

This very tedious and makes the T2 seeds I'm growing take forever to grow too. I think I'll just go and ignore the league again! Worst league since Synthesis.

I did the same.
The problem I'm having now is finding WILD SEEDS.
It takes 4-5 maps to find some quantity, it’s difficult to evolve T2, imagine t4
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
SpellDamage wrote:
HC player who is having a stellar time with the Harvest league. I really enjoy the random unique reroll craft in the Grove.

My only gripe with the league is an ongoing issue that transcends Harvest mechanics: lack of ice shot MTX.

In summation, thank you infinitely, GGG, for all the fun years and content.
You all are the best of the best.

I fucking hated this league,never tried to do any challenge and i already have 5 more than you,even though i never played a t10 map in this league(yes,that's how boring this mechanic is). How do you enjoy the league if you don't actualy play? I'm sure i had 5 challenges when i reached act 10.

--------------------------
Your nonsequitur red-herring and lack of proper-grammar utilization denotes youth, so I'll cage my tongue as best I can.

I'm an adult in my 30s--that's "how." I've played since beta, I enjoy the game casually. My real-world work involves educating and translating Japanese; this is quite time-consuming. Moreover, my mortgage is more important than satisfying "challenges." Computer games aren't a pissing contest. As you progress and mature in life, always remember: real life is the best RPG.

Degrading others has no place in this game. If your parental figure(s) didn't teach you manners or how to treat other people, perhaps you should spend less time playing computer games...and more time reading in an attempt to garner empathy and kindness? Remember: consumer-grade computers cannot hug (yet).
(Below is a long quote from Mortyx)

Spoiler
"
Mortyx wrote:
"
madrize wrote:
I dont think its just the boring/tedious league mechanic. To me, it seems like GGG forgot what makes the game fun to play.

There are simply way too many unfun or tedious mechanics added to the game over the last 5-6 leagues. Atlas changes, horrible boss mechanics, inventory management which is too time consuming, on death effects, trade that is full of scammers... Just so many annoying things you need to deal with.

Whats really disappointing is that, this is clearly how they want the game to be played, so these issues will stay in POE2.

Yeah Poe has a interesting problem where most of their core ideas are actually pretty good, but they always implement it in the most shittiest way, i don`t know if it`s a communication issue or lack of time to properly implement their ideas, but it shows.

Let`s take a peek at some league mechanics:

1- Beastiary:

Core idea: You find beasts in maps and after defeating them you can use them in interesting ways;

Implementation: You had to control your DPS while using a clunky item to actually capture them. Which made it one of the most hated leagues of all times.

Fix: Beasts are captured when they die.

2- Betrayal:

Core idea: You find masters, defeat them, progress towards a bigger a fight. Masters drops the "recipes" for crafting.

Implementation: you couldn`t "pass" a turn which lead to you bricking further encounters or bricking your board. There is also Catharina fight wiping all your board progress if you decide to fight her, which makes fighting her a wrong move if you want to play the mechanic efficiently.
Furthermore they introduced an unveil system, in which you have to pick up rares and give them to jun, the problem is when you have to repeat this every league, since its boring and not fun.

fix: Killing catharina doesn`t completely wipes your board (connections, masters etc), making unveiling less boring (for example unlocking unveils as you interrogate them (one interrogate = 1 craft unveiled).

3- Blight:

Core idea: You have to defeat monsters that come in waves while building structures to help you out and keeping your pump alive

Implementation: Portals could spam too near of the pump, building the towers is clunky because of the UI, requires cassia to be near the tower(when there is walls she can fail), towers are severely lackluster and you don`t even have time to build them since if you stop killing the monsters the pump will fall in a second.

Fix: Making so blights in maps already comes with random towers pre-built. And making blighted maps work in waves with intervals between them (you can skip the interval if you want). Not requiring Cassia to be near a tower for it to be built.

4- Metamorph:

Core idea: You build your own boss using pieces that drop from monsters, then collect those bosses pieces to create an even crazier boss.

Implementation: you had to pick up one per one from tagged monsters, there was no indication of which pieces on the ground were valuable or not. The "final bosses" were completely lackluster (being always weaker than their map versions lol).

Fix: auto pick organs. Making the laboratory boss fight more interesting.

5- Synthesis:

Core idea: You run a map with a timer, collect pieces and connect your pieces to reach rewards far away. It also allow you to combine certain items to generate new implicts.

Implementation: The decay "aggressiveness" was completely random, leading to frustration. You had a really small limit of pieces, and could not rotate them. Random islands could spam in the middle of a run and ruin all your progress. Boss fights went from fine to be heavily influenced by affixes RNG. And most all nodes buffs were bugged (lol).
The synthesizer required a 3rd party site to data mine the outcomes (too obscure).

Fix: Allow rotating pieces(or moving them like they did), increase pieces "bank", make the decay slower).

6- Harvest:

Core idea: You collect seeds, plant them and harvest them, killing monsters and getting fluid that can be used to craft or to grow high tier seeds.

Implementation: You need first to put crops, then connect those crops to pylons then connect those pylons to storages, tanks and horticraft stations. Furthermore to grow high tier seeds you will also need to setup dispersers which also must be connected by pylons and must be within range of your collectors. And all that must be done with a really clunky UI. Even more each seed requires different fluids and adjacent seeds. You acquire seeds by just interacting with a chest within a map.

Fix: remove the building/maintenance aspect, add monsters to the seed stashes.

Anyway my point is, that GGG despite all my criticism has a lot of really cool ideas, unfortunately they seem to always miss at the implementation which lead to this types of posts.

Could not agree more on this, and add some of my thoughts -

Synthesis -

To me is was a very interesting league(not to mention I was playing summon skeleton mages :). However there were two major problems. The one was that frequent dc from random memory fragments made the long journey through connected memories highly haphazard. Combined with memory decays they turned the whole Synthesis run into a great frustration to me at most times. The other was the clueless, meticulous and clunky synthesizer system. On reading the long synthesis formulas I'd seldom been occupied with so much distaste. Even they had added more random elements to save it from so long a list... The same meticulousness can also been seen in Harvest crafting opinions(as well as "garden" setups). I sense a reflection in them with the daily coding scenery... or parts and wires from a (partly) broken machinery, not a world of Path of Exile itself.

Harvest -

Much had been said above. To make things worse, the lowered drop rate had utterly destroyed economy. I had never so harsh a starting for a league in my memories before(some may attribute to my choosing a non "league-starter" char as my opening though). I even resorted to item-flipping to make an adequate amount of money in the first week to buy essential goods. Thanks to an ex drop in week 2 I was able to buy materials and craft them to sell for profit. I wish such scene would not happen again at least without unmentioned as a "famine" league...

Trade of seed crafting can be made a lot simpler also. Instead of trading with the stored versions in horticraft's, seeds can become identified after full growth cycles, allowing them to be plucked up and sold as separate ones. This also adds a lot of fun, much more like the true horticulture(and together with lucky flowers :)
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
SpellDamage wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
SpellDamage wrote:
HC player who is having a stellar time with the Harvest league. I really enjoy the random unique reroll craft in the Grove.

My only gripe with the league is an ongoing issue that transcends Harvest mechanics: lack of ice shot MTX.

I fucking hated this league,never tried to do any challenge and i already have 5 more than you,even though i never played a t10 map in this league(yes,that's how boring this mechanic is). How do you enjoy the league if you don't actualy play? I'm sure i had 5 challenges when i reached act 10.

Your nonsequitur red-herring and lack of proper-grammar utilization denotes youth, so I'll cage my tongue as best I can.

I'm an adult in my 30s--that's "how." I've played since beta, I enjoy the game casually. My real-world work involves educating and translating Japanese; this is quite time-consuming. Moreover, my mortgage is more important than satisfying "challenges." Computer games aren't a pissing contest. As you progress and mature in life, always remember: real life is the best RPG.

Degrading others has no place in this game. If your parental figure(s) didn't teach you manners or how to treat other people, perhaps you should spend less time playing computer games...and more time reading in an attempt to garner empathy and kindness? Remember: consumer-grade computers cannot hug (yet).

My favorite post of the thread. Telling someone they're wrong for simply stating they're enjoying something other people aren't is silly. It shouldn't be that hard to grasp how the gameplay could find appeal with some portion of the player base.

There was no claim of good or bad or exciting or boring - nothing to merit an argument at all.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SpellDamage wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
SpellDamage wrote:

You know,not everyone in this world is English or American,English is my third language.
I am 38 with a 2 year old child,so your argument is false.
I didn't say "oh,i have more challenges than you".
I said how can you have an opinion about this league,when you clearly haven't played this league. 6 challenges means you completed the acts and ran a few maps while planting some t1 seeds.
I've been here since 2013 too.
You might enjoy that,but it's not different than enjoying standard in your case.

"A stellar person or thing is considered to be very good"
It was pretty clear it wasn't your first language - but it was a bit on the rude side.

I barely touched it, can't even remember if I made it past act 1 - but that doesn't mean I can't form an opinion based on the countless hours I've put into previous leagues now does it?

I also basically hated the league and thus didn't bother. But that doesn't mean I can't understand and accept why someone would like it.
It's like synthesis, just because a lot of us stopped didn't mean everyone did.

If they aren't trying to prove to you why you're wrong and they're right, there's no argument and no reason to bring up challenges at all.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
It was pretty clear it wasn't your first language - but it was a bit on the rude side.

I barely touched it, can't even remember if I made it past act 1 - but that doesn't mean I can't form an opinion based on the countless hours I've put into previous leagues now does it?

I also basically hated the league and thus didn't bother. But that doesn't mean I can't understand and accept why someone would like it.
It's like synthesis, just because a lot of us stopped didn't mean everyone did.

If they aren't trying to prove to you why you're wrong and they're right, there's no argument and no reason to bring up challenges at all.

I didn't respond to your comment,so i don't know what you're talking about.
There is no right or wrong when we're talking about who likes this league and who doesn't.
It's a matter of preference.
All I'm saying is the fellow player posted he loves this league,but has only done 6 challenges which in turn means he didn't really played this league.
I can't have a justified opinion about physics if i only studied for 2 hours,can I?
That was the point of my comment,but you were too busy commenting about my grammar.

Wasn't commenting on your grammar, but the fact you insulted a fellow player for no reason.

Another player enjoying the league is merely a statement of their experience. Telling someone their opinion doesn't matter just because it differs from yours is unnecessary.

The person wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong, they weren't arguing that people who dislike the league were wrong - there was no reason to try to discredit their comment.

For example, aside from abyss and blight, I've exceeded your challenges in every league. That doesn't give me the right to tell you your opinion doesn't matter just because I've played more or completed more challenges.

I don't know the other player at all and I'm sure they don't need me to defend them - but there's already plenty of unnecessary rage on the internet. All I'm asking is that you consider what you've said.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
Wasn't commenting on your grammar, but the fact you insulted a fellow player for no reason.

Another player enjoying the league is merely a statement of their experience. Telling someone their opinion doesn't matter just because it differs from yours is unnecessary.

The person wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong, they weren't arguing that people who dislike the league were wrong - there was no reason to try to discredit their comment.

For example, aside from abyss and blight, I've exceeded your challenges in every league. That doesn't give me the right to tell you your opinion doesn't matter just because I've played more or completed more challenges.

I don't know the other player at all and I'm sure they don't need me to defend them - but there's already plenty of unnecessary rage on the internet. All I'm asking is that you consider what you've said.

I insulted him? Rage? I don't know what you're talking about. I asked him how can he love this league,when he hasn't played more than 10 maps in this league.
He responded that because of my non perfect grammar i must be a kid,and he should speak to me as such.
Yet I'm the one that insulted him.
Funny thing is he didn't understand,nor did you,why i mentioned his 6 challenges at the first place. No point going further on this subject,take care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info