Harvest could be worst league ever?

"
Sarganis87 wrote:
I absolutely enjoy Harvest.

It's calm, non-intrusive, and allows a little bit of pace change when you want it.

I mean, there's already so much you can do in maps. 3-4 additional encounters like Blight, Metamorph, Master mission, and so on are more than enough to my taste.

+1
"
Astasia wrote:
"
kekoyaso wrote:
ARPG means is KILL stuff non stop but this mini game mechanics stop and wasting time that is why ppl hate it and Chris must learn that before syndesis and some league i forget

There's no "mini-game." The farming mechanic is fine, they give you the means to automate it, it's less involved than Metamorph. The issue is the fights are trivial and drop essentially nothing, at least early and mid-game. Like I did 24 t1 seeds a couple times and I'd get like a single alt out of it.

The crafting rewards are probably OP, but again crafting is boring and most people want lootsplosions in a game like this.

That is true for the T1 seeds. The seeds that have mixed conditions (T2+) can't be autoplaced, or I am doing something wrong here.
I really enjoy the slower pace. I'm glad that we got another league where you have to think at least a little bit and not just speedclear everything. Delirium could've been a great league to slow down the game, yet they added a timer, resulting in the opposite. I play this game to have fun and honestly a supersonic map clearer that kills an entire map's worth of enemies in 20 seconds is just far too stressful for me.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Harvest so far feels no different than playing standard....
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
It seems to me if you just want to kill shit you can...if you don't want to craft and kill shit you can...I don't understand what the problem is.

I can't wait until the 22nd so I can craft crazy shit and kill stuff!
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
I've bee having fun. It's not too hard to figure out without using an out of game spreadsheet like Synthesis was. I've got a few tier 2 plants almost ready to harvest, was not that bad to figure out so far. Not up to tier 3 yet, which is probably more complex.

Also, it, for me, is something I'm not doing all the time, so it's a change of pace. I only do full harvests, and it can take a few collections before your able to do a full planting.

You'll notice when you hover over the collector when things are ready to harvest, there is a Metamorph style pop up that does extra life, extra damage, extra crafting essence, extra item quantity, ect. So i figured out pretty quickly, it's always best to do full, harvest every plant in radius at one time, as you get more rwards.
"
kekoyaso wrote:
syndesis league and this one worst looks like so far
i dont like second crafting league in game game have already many crafting mechanics

and this one rly worst probly this not going to core game

+1 Got so fed up with the confusing gardens and all the stupid sowing and harvesting I quit at act 2 and a few hours later, barely made it to act 3.

Usually I don't stop before act 6+ ...
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
I rarely crafted in five years of playing, only in metamorph because of the challenge-double influenced chest. But who knows, maybe I'll learn something new this league :))
"
Chris Wilson mentioned in an interview that this harvest league is like an experiment on how they will proceed with crafting mechanics in poe2....What works and what doesn’t...we’re the mice in a virtual lab experiment ...<squeak>

I commented in another post yesterday about the same thing:

"
Arrowneous wrote:
The OP has reached the point where he recognizes that all players are the lab rats being made to run the maze (10 acts and maps) for GGG's financial gain. The reward (level 100 exile or top spot on the ladder and bragging rights) is the prize and as long as GGG can walk the tightrope with each league and keep enough players in a mindset to chase the carrot then all is well.

This simple picture states it all for every free-to-play game. Every dev. has to figure out how to keep players in this mindset to chase the carrot and buy mtx.

I will add that once a player has played enough challenge leagues and comes to this conclusion then the desire to play is gone and its all just more busywork (I am not a PoE addict). GGG hasn't produced anything new in terms of real play since we got 10 total acts. PoE 2 will give us 7 new acts (which is very good) but since it ends with us playing the same endgame maps that will become mundane like the 10 acts of PoE 1 fairly quickly too. The switch to links on skill gems will just put us all back to square 1 on build crafting for awhile but for all who look for guidance (follow a build guide) it will not matter much except all our hard time earned 6L gear will vanish in an instant. The newness of the 7 acts will get me to play it but probably that's all since I'm a filthy casual and once I get to red maps I always hit the difficulty wall and it's "game over".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
The crafting options are kind of cool and OP, but for what? This league has nothing in it that would make all this crafting reasonable. It already feels kind of boring after day 1. And all the seeds in your inventory - just blocking all the item space - so horrible!

The crafting would have been nice if it would have been come along with a real league. The gardening is somehow ok - I mean, my personal oppinion is that it is pretty annoying - but ok, I can accept the fact that some people have fun with it and I am willing to deal with this mechanic. But if there is no content that makes the crafting reasonable, why even bother with all that harvesting? I have more fun using the regular crafting bench.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info