Harvest could be worst league ever?

After looking at some peoples layouts and plans, I decided to uninstall the game for now. I was already bored of doing the story again and was only in A8.

More crafting options is great. Setting up a garden like this isn't fun. They really have no idea of how to streamline their league mechanics before launching them. And this league mechanic already looked less interesting than Beastiary, which I skipped.

"
Lord_Banshee wrote:

Should come as no surprise that racers chafe like hell over this.
Should come as no surprise that someone like me who despises timers is ok with it.

Actually i'd be surprised if racers disliked it, it lets you get superior gear without time commitment and its relatively safe and non invasive
A lot of the crafting options seem to be "reforge" and generally havent got any wow things up till level 48. (and levelling is where this can really help)

What I am missing is more currency and loot. Just feeling really poor. Very few uniques dropping. Really badly geared.

I agree with some of the previous folks. This crafting would have been good to add as a side activity to a normal loot-explosion league. I cant say ive seen so little drops in a long time.

From Delirium (pack, fast, intense, lot of currencies)

to Farmville (slow, worst reward for currency, need to think, spend time)

Summary: bored
"
Sarganis87 wrote:
I absolutely enjoy Harvest.

It's calm, non-intrusive, and allows a little bit of pace change when you want it.

I mean, there's already so much you can do in maps. 3-4 additional encounters like Blight, Metamorph, Master mission, and so on are more than enough to my taste.

Very much this. It feels like this league is tailored to my playstyle.
im bored of this already. i hope they do something to spice things up
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jun 20, 2020, 10:22:19 AM
"
SoFastx wrote:

Summary: bored

This league really is loot poor. Found my first chaos at level 40 and my first unique shortly before that. Never came close to going that long for either one before.

And the design of the garden mechanics are just weird. It is as if they laid out a straightforward design, with obvious mechanics, then picked away at it and to intentionally make it unintuitive.

For example, when I got my first tier 2 seeds it said it would consume 8 purple per cycle. But it is a yellow seed.

So... yellow seeds grow in yellow collector. But I have a purple collected full of condensed. I've got pylons and dispersers to use.

What is the logical way to hook it up?

Place a pylon and attach to purple collector.
Place a dispurser and attach it to that pylon.

Then, place another pylon and attach it to the yellow collector that needs the purple lifeforce.
And also connect that pylon to the disperser.

This creates a network between the collectors and my thinking was that the disperser would control the flow of lifeforce within the network as needed.

But no. It would not let me create the 2nd set of connections. A connected path from the yellow collector to the purple collector is not allowed.

So.... what.... the dispurser just feeds it to "nearby" collectors that need it? Or to any anywhere in the garden? To only 1 other, or to many? I have no idea because the game tells you nothing.

What is the point of this design? Why is it so convoluted instead of just being a connected network with the dispersers controlling flow in whatever direction it is needed?

Is figuring this out supposed to be "gameplay"?

Who the hell is it in GGG that is putting crap designs like this into the game?
Last edited by Qiox on Jun 20, 2020, 10:23:39 AM
Filler league me thinks
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
Qiox wrote:
"
SoFastx wrote:

This league really is loot poor. Found my first chaos at level 40 and my first unique shortly before that. Never came close to going that long for either one before.

But no. It would not let me create the 2nd set of connections. A connected path from the yellow collector to the purple collector is not allowed.

Who the hell is it in GGG that is putting crap designs like this into the game?

The Harvest'ing part feels like ECO to me.

Haven't found a unique yet halfway thru Act 2. (yes, I'm slow)

Try uprooting a collector once it has started its fat bar. Can't.
problem is only when you compare the game speed and play style to previous leagues.

Obviously this league will feel slower paced to delirium. Play the league as if its an entirely..well...new league

IMO I appreciate they don't rampantly increase the quality and quantity of currency/other loot each league. Even if you make less raw currency, it's not like others are making more than you doing the same mechanic.
Last edited by woogo on Jun 20, 2020, 11:20:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info