Harvest could be worst league ever?

We might aswell be playing Standard at this point. Worst league since Synthesis.
"
Ichiro2909 wrote:
We might aswell be playing Standard at this point. Worst league since Synthesis.

synthesis was better, at least we had extra mobs that dropped loot.
Synthesis was way more fun than this league.

On console this league is by far the worst. We peasants refer to it as blue screen league.
I'm perpetually flabbergasted that GGG found a way to create a worse league than Synthesis. O.o
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Guess that just like in Sinthesize I will slowly drop from the game after 2 weeks and one level 89 char :))...

The league is not really that rewarding to pour so much time in it.

You get garbage to 0 drops from haversts, those OOOOooooo so powerful crafts are so well rounded behind RNG, and even so, who can even afford that stuff with 200c to 1 EX ratio.

In other leagues by now I would have had at least a six link playing casual...

Now I cannot even afford the damn cluster jewels.

Quite stupid but well it's another league I won't play...No biggie, I can casually play some witcher 3 or play Stardew Valley, because there I can be a millionaire $_$ from farming, much not like in PoeRama were I get 0 rewards, and the only crafts I had were , change a divination for another divination ( guess what no doctor dropped ).

Also somehow, I have so many high level seeds but I get like so few tier 1 seeds to fuel the high tier seeds.

And since I am poor and broke I keep getting one shoted with my poor man's gear. And since seeds growth cycle are tied to the level of the monster that dropped it , and you cannot run t1 maps to make seeds dropped from T11 grow, I will just have to like , quit playing or just play casual tier 1/2 maps until I get bored .

I bought the new stashes, thinking they will bring some value to my game play, and by this time I have 13 delirium splinters, I only got 1 delirium orb , I have a total of 25 lower level oils, and 2 blighted maps that I cannot run because Unending Hunger is 4ex at this time , and my specters cannot take the hoards of monsters without that, RIP 10$.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jul 1, 2020, 9:19:58 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
I really hope the next league goes back to adding the "A" back into ARPG...

Why is the "A" missing from this league? They added Delirium to core. They added more monsters, more bosses and a (for some) rewarding crafting system. Does crafting belong in an "ARPG"?

Is it less "A" because you have to set up your trove for about 15-20 minutes? Are you letting those 15-20 minutes define the league?

Is it less "A" because there's no more monsters in maps than last league? Again, you have to a certain degree the power to add whatever you want to maps, including last league's mechanics. So the "A" goes away, when a league doesn't add MORE monsters and MORE loot than the last league? Wonder how this would end, in a game already called "cluttered" or "bloated".

Most of your post seems more rhetorical than anything else to me tbh.

I would agree with your end though, the game is way too bloated with out of date mechanics, and partial systems/currencies designed to augment crafting.

I would welcome a new league call "The Tidy Up League".

Instead of trying to rip us all off creating yet more useless currencies, delete some of the old ones, add those crafting options to the existing crafting bench with unveils through (shock/horror) killing mobs. Get rid of some of the mechanics that seem to serve almost zero purpose, buff those that are still popular. As an example, get rid of Bestiary & the Temple altogether, keep Delve & Incursion maybe.

Then, use the new league to fix some of the hundreds of minor issues in the game. Spend the time doing some PROPER balancing, i.e. getting rid of the lazy invisible one shot ground effects, toning down normal mob occasional one shots. I think we can all agree that it's stupid when occasionally "White" mobs in a map can one shot you, yet the bosses are easy with predictable/learnable mechanics.

Finally, yes, add in MORE mobs/loot, but bear in mind it's not the AMOUNT of LOOT but the QUALITY. People can use alts/chaos, etc, but the majority of crappy blues/rares & whetstones in T16 maps are always filtered out by loot filters. Why? because they are completely pointless by that stage of our toon development. Why not just get rid of them and tune the drop quality for the level being played?

Spend some time on not creating yet more tedious content for the sake of creating it & looking "busy", but instead tweaking this wonderful game and making it what it SHOULD & COULD BE. Do some hard work & unlock the existing potential instead of applying perpetually ineffective band aids.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Moridin79 wrote:
I'm perpetually flabbergasted that GGG found a way to create a worse league than Synthesis. O.o

#startflashback
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Jul 3, 2020, 3:52:09 AM
This league makes me feel the worst for all the future leagues.

It isnt worst because of harvest but because of the way the drops are so horrible, making this game for those with powerful guilds or groups of friends.

The solo player will find it difficult to reach beyond 95.

GGG has secretly nerfed all drop for sure. You can kill waves and waves of mobs, but nothing was dropped. Even Alva I can get only 1 drop (yay for the very first time).

Just admit you, GGG has nerfed the drops in the most ninja way. If you care about your player base that is rapidly dropping, you can choose to ninja up the droprate again. If you don't, be expected that your next league will be a horrible one because players expectations will be adjusted to, we are all going to skip because there are no point playing, since you can't progress anyway.
"
Setasuna wrote:
This league makes me feel the worst for all the future leagues.

It isnt worst because of harvest but because of the way the drops are so horrible, making this game for those with powerful guilds or groups of friends.

The solo player will find it difficult to reach beyond 95.

GGG has secretly nerfed all drop for sure. You can kill waves and waves of mobs, but nothing was dropped. Even Alva I can get only 1 drop (yay for the very first time).

Just admit you, GGG has nerfed the drops in the most ninja way. If you care about your player base that is rapidly dropping, you can choose to ninja up the droprate again. If you don't, be expected that your next league will be a horrible one because players expectations will be adjusted to, we are all going to skip because there are no point playing, since you can't progress anyway.

While I dont know a thing about this league and from what I've seen you need a spreadsheet (saw a screenshot on this forums) to even understand how the system works and to make it give you the "best" drops it was easy skip for me.

It seems a worse synthesis like a 0.5 synthesis.. I guess you all should be prepared for yet another core implementation since from what I saw the crafts are a "bit" powerful no way they will make all that work for nothing, just like I said on delirium and the jewels.

Companies tend to ninja nerf loot regardless if the player retention is low or sales are low as well.
Funny thing on any arpg ninja nerfing loot is probably the worst move they can do, they expect players to constantly take anything they do and get praised for it and yet it's easier to understand that you don't ever nerf loot explosions on arpgs.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Jul 3, 2020, 5:48:23 AM
Played this game since 3.6 and i loved it with how confusing and crazy that league can be. While it was crazy and complex, it added to the overall gameplay well as an ARPG.

This league is complete mess... Im 2 weeks in and this is first league I've felt the need to post/complain about it. I've always spend 60-120 dollars a league to support this game but I cannot believe the monstrosity of this league mechanic. The fact that to interact with the mechanic at all in a somewhat effective manner, you need to spend hours and hours getting the layout of the farm correct. Then every time you want to spend time with the mechanic, it completely stops your game immersion by having you pause for LONG period so you miss out of a craft.

Its funny how this even breaks one of Chris Wilson's pillar to game design, TRADING! FFS, we can't effective trade any of our expensive crafting options unless through a third-party system and with an honor system at that. I've learned my lesson, never spend again on league until I've played it...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info