Endgame for less as 1 % of players.

"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:

This reply is from page 1 ....

BTW A0 Sirus, without the annoying storm, is a joke. All you need is probably shock and corrupted blood immune, some chaos resistance and good eyesight to spot the real Sirus in POE version of Where's Willy.

But i doubt average build can beat A8 Sirus easily, since not every player have the perfect response time to hear the audio clue to dodge Sirus' beam barrage

Strange, that's not the quote I clicked quote on. Fixed it.

For genre part. Grim Dawn is a good game too, but the star chart...i have no idea. Also, Titan Quest dual class system also inspire GGG/Chris to build POE

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good games out there. I've played Grim Dawn and enjoyed it but found the enjoyment was fleeting as I tried to replay it. As for Titan Quest, I've not played it. Both games have limited support though from what I understand; as does Diablo 3.

In order for a game to really compete I think it needs to be actively developed with a consistent return of players. I don't think either of those games drive competition enough and also did not attract the D3 crowd like POE did....so here we are.
"
Nubatron wrote:
In order for a game to really compete I think it needs to be actively developed with a consistent return of players. I don't think either of those games drive competition enough and also did not attract the D3 crowd like POE did....so here we are.

But... And this is an honest question. When we have all of these "good games" available, why are some people hellbent on influencing PoE to be more like other games? Why is it so hard for some people to let PoE be PoE? It does fit a role no other games out there seem to fit.

I came here because of the grind. I came here because of the end game. I came here because of the complexity. I came here because of the depth. I came here because there will always be things to improve upon, no matter how powerful I get. I did NOT come here to change the game. I seriously shrug when I see people, over and over again, try to challenge these elements.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 21, 2020, 12:06:52 PM
Titan Quest is last generation game and the new DLC suck. They are just fan mod quality.

But Chris@GGG already said Titan Quest and Diablo 2 is the 2 games that inspire the founder to make their own game.

What i want to say "complex" arpg is not new thing. But POE problem is the skill tree is more and more complex and then alpha player figure out the meta build and then they can grind the game non-stop. And then GGG balance between those top player. Minion build is not necessary to have nerf, just please nerf the toptier end game gear but not impose nerf that affecting starter build (just lost a character in perma HCSSF last month)

Also, POE now in a cross road of attract more player, or retain existing playerbase to make the game more nerd and way more complex to allow player to explore new combination, but at the same time buff the monster so much. I have still playable EH build , but the new Atlas imply to force player to farm T14-16, but not many player and build can have a smooth curve to that level of end game.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
If the very end of the game was something over 50% of the players would do then this game would have less content than diablo 3. There has to be something to stretch for if not it is not worth playing. Sure the people that has a lot of time reaches it every single league and with multiple characters.

Demanding to reach end game without putting down the time and effort will only damage the game.
"
MrdrFckr wrote:
How could you expect the endgame to NOT suck when the devs don't even play the game?

how do you know?
most devs would be crazy if they played with their ggg accounts, the backslash of all those wannabe exxperts on reddit would be devastating.

nonetheless, chris does play delirium on hardcore ssf on his main account and made it throuhg the game already.
he said so in the last ziz interview and i also saw him ingame from time to time.

i would recommend you to leave the reddit filterbubble of memeing and circlejerk and get some real info before you claim and spread other people's fud.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
You know what's sad? If only 1% can complete end game, that means 99% are too lazy to research a build that can complete it. There are so many cheap league starter builds that can clear everything, it's not even funny. The problem is, people see these expensive and flashy builds that are meant to be your second or even third character, and want to play them. Then they cry when they see how much they cost.

/thread
Last edited by Anointedone on May 23, 2020, 10:17:07 AM
"
6_din_49 wrote:
You can beat Sirus with most builds, on 25 exalts budget. The issue is that farming the first 25 exalts takes like 100 hours of game play, maybe more.

How the fuck do you need 25 EX built too defeat Sirius.
[Removed by Support] Or how do you explain that players with omplete randome trash gear are still able to do him just fine in solo self found?

What the guy above me says is so true.

There are so many builds that work just fine and beat the game with 0 investment, but people jsut see some streamer that facerolls on "meta" built and get pissed.

It's like one dude from my flist he always trys some complete clownbuilts or starts right of with some meta shit and than get's mad when he has a bumpy start every time...
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on May 23, 2020, 1:08:57 PM
there is only 2-5 people in karui shores.Endgame in PoE is ~150 randomly generated areas (maps) with at least just as many unique bosses. These areas also have unique and semi-unique item drops. They are all interconnected and you unlock and acquire them through a very satisfying progression system.
Last edited by friendlinzh on Jun 2, 2020, 10:28:30 PM
the game is on it's last leg
and they announced crafting league as their next elague
lucky me there are sooo many top tier games coming in next 2 months, anyway my opinion is that Diablo 4 will kill POE for good
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
I think you could git better at the game and then you would see how good it is.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info