Endgame for less as 1 % of players.

"
Rip_VanWinkle wrote:

!
"
Anointedone wrote:
You know what's sad? If only 1% can complete end game, that means 99% are too lazy to research a build that can complete it. There are so many cheap league starter builds that can clear everything, it's not even funny. The problem is, people see these expensive and flashy builds that are meant to be your second or even third character, and want to play them. Then they cry when they see how much they cost.

/thread

Not necessarily lazy. Looking up a build and trading for gear has no interest for me at all. None. In fact looking up a build is the ULTIMATE in laziness.
Remove the endgame!
This is the only character I have that can clear endgame.

I have 800k base dps that ramps up to about 1.5 mil purifying flame during combat. (ele overload and other auto buffs)

6k ES with a bunch of other defenses stacked. 4 sec Immortal call with auto replenishing end charges from jewel when hit, sanctuary node on ammy to nerf crits etc.. I have all 32 watchstones, killed sirus etc.. I still feel like the endgame is just too rough. They made this game to be played by a large amount of people but the damage monsters do is just beyond reasonable. This is what has lead to the current zoom meta. In parties people just die left and right and then leave. It's very rare to keep a full party together even trying to go ez on them with map rolls.

The problem I have with the game is that it's near impossible to be creative. Almost every good build revolves around 1 skill and you have to put every point and every pc of gear in to buffing that *1* skill. So the game offers you such variety but due to the inconsistency of content difficulty most good build are well.. boring.

I tried to make a CoC bow character to alternate between bladefall and blade blast on the same 6L. Sounds clever right? Well it works on maps but bosses on t15 or t16 are just boring to fight because I'm effectively running 2 spells on a 5L instead of the power I'd have running 1 spell on a 6L. They have to nerf the damage because a 6L version would be too strong so it makes a 5L version terrible. This means almost every attempt to do this idea will be overshadowed by a self cast version even though the two spells are meant to interact with eachother. All the mechanics are there and it SHOULD be able to be carried to endgame but you're WAY better off just doing 1 spell and stacking all the damage around it. So I keep the character and switch to it when I want to farm t14 and lower but that's the only time it's fun. She can wipe entire screens of t15 t16 monsters but you get to the boss and I'm looking at a 10 minute fight for ONE map boss on this char? Surely there has to be a way to make the content more consistent so when you reach a certain point your character is effective for all content that level and not just bits and pieces.

That's what bugs me about it. You get a sense of progress and then the game takes it away with no real guidelines as to why or what you're supposed to do to contest it. All of these skills to play with and all of these classes and ascendancies and less than 20% of them are actually viable to use through the whole game. It's really sad.
Last edited by ImMobile2010 on Jun 1, 2020, 7:57:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info