Endgame for less as 1 % of players.

"
Cosmonaut111 wrote:
"
6_din_49 wrote:
You can beat Sirus with most builds, on 25 exalts budget. The issue is that farming the first 25 exalts takes like 100 hours of game play, maybe more.

So 25ex is "budget" now? 90% of leagues i dont even manage to drop 1 ex till im at yellow / red maps and maybe ( if im lucky ) like 5-10c. This is enough to purchase stuff for white maps ( like wasp nest if u go claw poison ) but it doesnt help you at yellow / red maps anymore. Still hoping that next league they nerf the shit out of the new jewels ( esp voices ) and at least gate them behind the holy "10%" map rng so they cant be target farmed unlike now.

This was the easiest league in a long time on earning currency. You could literally run white maps for simulacrum shards, and the entire simulacrum map is an exalt. You could run white maps if you had to, and make money. Probably make 30+ shards per white map, if you just had to run them that easy, and in 10 maps, you had an exalt. Now imagine actually running decent maps instead.

And, I dont think it takes 25ex unless its early league. Minions/Poison/Cyclone builds are not expensive, and all kill him pretty well, and they all scale well. You can kill him on early weapons, cheap 6links, etc. I killed him on A8 very early on when I think I still had Wasp Nests, for example. Those were like 6c weapons at the start of the league. I dont even remember, but you can kill him on multiple budget builds.

Also, its almost impossible to not make enough currency to fund 1 build if you just play the game. I have been a 8-10ex build guy, for YEARS, until this one. Meaning, I worked 50+ hours a week, played a handful, and not once could I not make a capable cycloner or RF guy or something of the sort capable of doing content.

But again, anyone complaining about being broke this league, simply did not play the game. You get basically guaranteed exalt shards every single map in the form of Simulacrum shards, regardless if the map is rolled or not, and thats just selling the maps. The actual return on doing them was monumental. I probably made almost ALL my currency this league, running simulacrum maps. But, you could easily just sell them for an exalt apiece.

I dont even think people played the game if they complained about being broke in Delirium. 100% serious.
Last edited by Destructodave on May 19, 2020, 8:06:28 PM
"
Cosmonaut111 wrote:
"
6_din_49 wrote:
You can beat Sirus with most builds, on 25 exalts budget. The issue is that farming the first 25 exalts takes like 100 hours of game play, maybe more.

So 25ex is "budget" now? 90% of leagues i dont even manage to drop 1 ex till im at yellow / red maps and maybe ( if im lucky ) like 5-10c. This is enough to purchase stuff for white maps ( like wasp nest if u go claw poison ) but it doesnt help you at yellow / red maps anymore. Still hoping that next league they nerf the shit out of the new jewels ( esp voices ) and at least gate them behind the holy "10%" map rng so they cant be target farmed unlike now.

ya 25 ex is pretty budget. There are plenty of builds you can do though if you are self found or stuff like terminus est cyclone on a 5 link should be able to do all content.
Try storm brand sir. Killed sirus 8 with it. I've been able to play a lot because of Covid-19. Delirium is a loot fest, i thought perandus was good, this league is 5 to 10 times that in terms of stuff you can farm.I made probably 8 characters, deleted 3 to make room. This Hierophant is now my bread and butter. You can get lucky on your first character or your second or your third, but in the end RNG will catch up to you and you'll get that lucky drop.
Also, i'm 49 years old, and this is the most frustrating but most rewarding league for me so far. Frustrating in terms of rippiness, rewarding because of the drops i get. Patience is key i guess, enjoy the game! I have been since open beta. Cheers!
If you can't control it, STOP.
"
6_din_49 wrote:
25 exalted is no a budget lel
not to a ton of players that is. i would say less than 5 exalted is budget guess it difference on person.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
At any given time there is only 2-5 people in karui shores. Last league there was a good bit more people there.

Sirus is SNK boss difficult this league, so I guess most people said "fuck it" and gave up
Last edited by BangaKiltChoazz on May 20, 2020, 7:05:17 AM
I rerolled about six builds over three chars this league which is the most builds in a single league for me.

I rerolled because I couldn't clear delirium fast enough, I rerolled because I failed Sirus, I rerolled because clunkyness or simply because I hated the build.

The build you pick makes the entire difference. If you are like me and hate flipping you need to play very optimally and start with a tried and true build that synergises with the league mechanic firstly and does whatever you want it to do secondly.

I remember back when 1ex was budget, or at least the shit you found in game plus some small time upgrades got you to shaper. This league you only had to play delirium and it would rain exalts (well not exactly but more than in any previous league).

It all boils down to how much time do you want to invest in the game.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on May 20, 2020, 9:52:20 AM
You can clear Sirus8, U-Elder and (with some good positioning admittely) Simu20 with a cheap-ass Vortex/Cold-Snap Trickster that has gear worth less than 5ex. My wife played that exact char and I've cleared Sirus8 on it while still wearing a 5-linked Carcass Jack (she wanted the bigger area and didn't want to invest any of the 15+ ex she had to buy a 6-link...).

And that char can clear T16 well enough. Sure, you won't run through maps in seconds, but we talk about being able to do endgame, not speed-clear.

The only thing I believe is rather hard to do on a budget is 100% delirium T16. But that is not meant to be done on a budget, but on a fully built character. That is your end-goal. If you don't want to invest more than 5 ex than yes, the introduced super-difficult mode that literally is there so you can choose your own difficulty-setting is not doable because that is intended by design.

(You can however do it with all the loot you get while doing 40% and 60% delirium T14+ that are doable - just, don't expect to play every week a different character while only having at most 2 hours per day to play and only 5 ex budget. And honestly, if you played one char and ran all maps necessary to get to your first Sirus fight and you still only have 5ex available, you do something wrong. That is basically impossible to do if you actually pick up loot.)
"
Probably make 30+ shards per white map

Sorry Dave but this is BS.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
it isn't that BS if you ran a good layout white or early yellow alched and throw whatever tat you've got sextant, scarab, zana wise etc on it you get ~ 30 shards per.

The people that struggle to make currency usually struggle because they either play glacially slow compared to what is expected or don't realize the value of what they actually pickup.

The real reason the endgames for less than 1% though is only 1% actually get there, it isn't that hard especially on SC where the largest pop by far plays but it takes time to unlock everything.

Just about any build guide will let you cheese the bosses into non existence whether you know the mechanics or not
"
6_din_49 wrote:

You can beat Sirus with a lot less than 25ex. If you can deal with a long fight, he's relatively easy with endurance charge stacking, immunity to corrupted blood and max chaos resist. I know this is blasphemy, but defenses trivialize him -- especially at lower awakening levels.

I know, not insta-phasing him means you have to deal with his mechanics. That's not how the game is played now. Just the same, 25ex is not required. Not even close.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 20, 2020, 12:54:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info