[3.10] Herald Power Siphon Guardian | OP as heck | Money making guide and Scion version included

"
sourtimer wrote:
PoB rates Pure Talent jewel as a DPS loss for me behind any of my other jewels with DPS mods. The 5% pen has to be better for this build though. Lots of little things with POB like this where it does not calculate things overall correctly.

POB is correct in this case. Don't use Pure Talent. I didn't indicate to use Pure Talent in my build for a reason. 5% pen is note a good use of a jewel socket.
"
Ah i forgot to switch out the enlighten on purities lol
i have 1060mana
I did not take the top 2 jewel slot yet because i had not enough skill points
for split personality which is better, es,int or mana since i need 1 split personality with str to be able to use vitality

Split personality with ES+Int is better than any combo with mana. I've updated the build guide to fix this - I was using the wrong split personalities lol
"
moldycondom wrote:
"
sourtimer wrote:
PoB rates Pure Talent jewel as a DPS loss for me behind any of my other jewels with DPS mods. The 5% pen has to be better for this build though. Lots of little things with POB like this where it does not calculate things overall correctly.

POB is correct in this case. Don't use Pure Talent. I didn't indicate to use Pure Talent in my build for a reason. 5% pen is note a good use of a jewel socket.

Alrighty. Can you give a quick clarification on why, so I know going forward. Ty
"
sourtimer wrote:
"
moldycondom wrote:
"
sourtimer wrote:

Alrighty. Can you give a quick clarification on why, so I know going forward. Ty

You can get jewels with attack speed, crit multi, flat damage, increased damage, and also get defenses on them. 5% pen is just not strong enough to dedicate an entire jewel socket for
hi, i have a "decent" setup on EK scion, and want to swap to power siphon because the MTX look sweet. Is there any major changes i need to do to make it as good as EK ? (on profile)
I'm currently running crit arc herald stacker but thinking about switching over. I have about 60 ex lying around but I don't know if I can make the switch, the % mana reserved jewels are far too expensive. Somebody got an idea on what to tweak so my budget is enough?
Last edited by n4zroth on Apr 23, 2020, 4:34:41 AM
"
n4zroth wrote:
I'm currently running crit arc herald stacker but thinking about switching over. I have about 60 ex lying around but I don't know if I can make the switch, the % mana reserved jewels are far too expensive. Somebody got an idea on what to tweak so my budget is enough?

The build just doesn't work without the reserved mana cobalts.

You need 18 Auras all on mana bc. you don't have any life to reserve.

6 of them is the pure minimum to even make it work without Dread Banner and Vitality.

9 of them means that you literally either corrupt Herald Clusters which is stupidly expensive or really nutty expensive unique jewels like Unnatural Instinct. You have in total 12 gemslots without counting the 9 medium clusters (Medium with 1% corruption).

You need Unnatural Instinct, Conquerors Efficiency, Watchers Eye and Intuitive Leap.

1% mana is almost unrealistic here.

Then you substract 3 for the split personalities which can't get 1%.

Now you have 5 slots left + 2 from your belt. You are still missing 2% unreserved for Vitality here.

I should have taken a step back to realize how expensive expensive is.
Maybe this post helps some people here to understand what sort of dough is required here.

You can skip a few corners with a helmet enchant though.

Last edited by K4P0T on Apr 23, 2020, 5:19:15 AM
"
K4P0T wrote:
"
n4zroth wrote:

The build just doesn't work without the reserved mana cobalts.

You need 18 Auras all on mana bc. you don't have any life to reserve.

6 of them is the pure minimum to even make it work without Dread Banner and Vitality.

9 of them means that you literally either corrupt Herald Clusters which is stupidly expensive or really nutty expensive unique jewels like Unnatural Instinct. You have in total 12 gemslots without counting the 9 medium clusters (Medium with 1% corruption).

You need Unnatural Instinct, Conquerors Efficiency, Watchers Eye and Intuitive Leap.

1% mana is almost unrealistic here.

Then you substract 3 for the split personalities which can't get 1%.

Now you have 5 slots left + 2 from your belt. You are still missing 2% unreserved for Vitality here.

I should have taken a step back to realize how expensive expensive is.
Maybe this post helps some people here to understand what sort of dough is required here.

You can skip a few corners with a helmet enchant though.

I guessed as much, thanks. I'll probably just continue playing arc (which is fine by itself) and farm more currency. Problem is I randomly found a HH and don't even have the two belt slots :D
How is Aw. Chain superior to Aw. Fork? Fork seems to have more dps, which I need for single targets (not to swap gems too often), and I think better clearspeed woud already be overkill. Unless Chain has higher dps due to attack speed? I can't calculate that since PoB seems to be completely broken with herald builds.
do you think it's better a wnad empy version with add lightning damage per 10 int or pdps version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info