[3.10] Herald Power Siphon Guardian | OP as heck | Money making guide and Scion version included

"
n4zroth wrote:
"
K4P0T wrote:
"
n4zroth wrote:
I'm currently running crit arc herald stacker but thinking about switching over. I have about 60 ex lying around but I don't know if I can make the switch, the % mana reserved jewels are far too expensive. Somebody got an idea on what to tweak so my budget is enough?

The build just doesn't work without the reserved mana cobalts.

You need 18 Auras all on mana bc. you don't have any life to reserve.

6 of them is the pure minimum to even make it work without Dread Banner and Vitality.

9 of them means that you literally either corrupt Herald Clusters which is stupidly expensive or really nutty expensive unique jewels like Unnatural Instinct. You have in total 12 gemslots without counting the 9 medium clusters (Medium with 1% corruption).

You need Unnatural Instinct, Conquerors Efficiency, Watchers Eye and Intuitive Leap.

1% mana is almost unrealistic here.

Then you substract 3 for the split personalities which can't get 1%.

Now you have 5 slots left + 2 from your belt. You are still missing 2% unreserved for Vitality here.

I should have taken a step back to realize how expensive expensive is.
Maybe this post helps some people here to understand what sort of dough is required here.

You can skip a few corners with a helmet enchant though.

I guessed as much, thanks. I'll probably just continue playing arc (which is fine by itself) and farm more currency. Problem is I randomly found a HH and don't even have the two belt slots :D

60 ex should be more than doable assuming you can also flip some gear, if you dont mind some garbage rolls on jewels to get it running (see my current build) you can pick up 9% reserved (including abyss jewels) for around 2ex a jewel (or cheaper if you can snipe them). The wand you can self craft (or buy, probably around 10ish ex). Shield can be done by AW crafting. Neck / rings are the same again.
For reference, flipping my arc build and selling the gear (except voices and cluster jewels) landed me with around 60ex. I put together this build with around 10 ex left over.
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
"
Dimin1shed wrote:
How is Aw. Chain superior to Aw. Fork? Fork seems to have more dps, which I need for single targets (not to swap gems too often), and I think better clearspeed woud already be overkill. Unless Chain has higher dps due to attack speed? I can't calculate that since PoB seems to be completely broken with herald builds.

Fork splits a projectile after it makes contact with a mob. It does not autotarget anything, it just creates 2 more projectiles.

Chain works differently. Awakened Chain creates up to 3 more projectiles, and they autotarget. This means you can be aiming in buttfuck nowhere and your Awakened Chain will play the game for you.
"
K4P0T wrote:
"
n4zroth wrote:
I'm currently running crit arc herald stacker but thinking about switching over. I have about 60 ex lying around but I don't know if I can make the switch, the % mana reserved jewels are far too expensive. Somebody got an idea on what to tweak so my budget is enough?

6 of them is the pure minimum to even make it work without Dread Banner and Vitality.

9 of them means that you literally either corrupt Herald Clusters which is stupidly expensive or really nutty expensive unique jewels like Unnatural Instinct. You have in total 12 gemslots without counting the 9 medium clusters (Medium with 1% corruption).

You need Unnatural Instinct, Conquerors Efficiency, Watchers Eye and Intuitive Leap.

Now you have 5 slots left + 2 from your belt. You are still missing 2% unreserved for Vitality here.

Maybe this post helps some people here to understand what sort of dough is required here.

It's a lot easier to hit 9x reserved mana jewels than you think, Especially if you just take out some Split personalities.

You have:
- 6 rare jewels if you use a darkness enthroned
- 3 split personalities
and the cheaper uniques to get reserved mana on are:
Mantra of Flames
Watcher's Eye with mediocre mods (or skip the Watcher's eye in general for another reserved mana jewel)
"
IWonyou wrote:
do you think it's better a wnad empy version with add lightning damage per 10 int or pdps version?

Empyrean's version only works if you have 3000 ex. He has int on jewels, all gear, and increased attributes where he can, on top of other extremely desirable and expensive mods.

If you have 12 mirrors, go ahead.
"
n4zroth wrote:
"
K4P0T wrote:
"
n4zroth wrote:

I guessed as much, thanks. I'll probably just continue playing arc (which is fine by itself) and farm more currency. Problem is I randomly found a HH and don't even have the two belt slots :D

Check out the last section of my build guide. You can make this build work with 60 ex very easily.
Hey guys quick question.

Why do we use an Atziri flask if were chaos immune? Is it for the extra ele dmg as chaos?
"
imRadial wrote:
Hey guys quick question.

Why do we use an Atziri flask if were chaos immune? Is it for the extra ele dmg as chaos?

Huge chaos damage. Build does both phys and elemental damage, so get max rolls if you can
"
moldycondom wrote:
"
imRadial wrote:
Hey guys quick question.

Huge chaos damage. Build does both phys and elemental damage, so get max rolls if you can

Gotcha! Thanks
"
moldycondom wrote:
"
K4P0T wrote:
"
n4zroth wrote:

It's a lot easier to hit 9x reserved mana jewels than you think, Especially if you just take out some Split personalities.

You have:
- 6 rare jewels if you use a darkness enthroned
- 3 split personalities
and the cheaper uniques to get reserved mana on are:
Mantra of Flames
Watcher's Eye with mediocre mods (or skip the Watcher's eye in general for another reserved mana jewel)

Maybe I overracted a little bit. Haha

I got to the point where I'm halfway satisfied.

I took out all Split personalities for the moment. Next point is either going into Thrill Seeker or a Split with Mana and Int.
With 21 Precision I got like 11 Mana left to cast.

Crafte this shield few mins ago

Not that satisfying but I'm too scared to annul and multi atm.

The 1% jewels get more expensive daily it seems. It's really hard to get something with atleast one usable stat for under 1ex.
Last edited by K4P0T on Apr 23, 2020, 12:28:25 PM
"
moldycondom wrote:

Check out the last section of my build guide. You can make this build work with 60 ex very easily.

I know, sorry. I should have elaborated a bit further. I'm currently running the crit arc version with 3x 5-voices, a Headhunter and some decent gear (I'd guess about 150-200 ex, excluding the HH).
The big problem I'm facing is that I don't want to sell all my gear and then see that I don't have enough money to get the build running at about the same level as my current arc build.
So I'll probably just save up more money until I can buy the stuff, maybe some 21/20 jewels instead of the 21/23 ones at once without selling my items :-)
Last edited by n4zroth on Apr 23, 2020, 12:42:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info