[3.10] Herald Power Siphon Guardian | OP as heck | Money making guide and Scion version included

"
teslabear wrote:
I'm running 7 reduced mana reserved jewels and able to run dread banner.
I add 1 more and am unable to swap in vitality

What am I missing?

Each build will be a little different based on total mana pool. since Dread Banner has an initial cost of 10%, and Vitality 35%, it's not an exact jump from 7-8-9% reduced mana reserved.

I think in every scenario, you need a minimum of 9 to run Vitality, but can run Dread Banner off 7 or 8.
"
DawnOfDusk_ wrote:
How much ES regen does the guardian and scion have? Can you tank the Sirus's storms????

On Guardian, the storms still outdamage your regen a little bit, so you can't tank them completely but you can run around in them for a while (like 10-15 seconds before dying?)

No idea on Scion, but it definitely has less regen.
"
moldycondom wrote:
"
teslabear wrote:

What am I missing?

Each build will be a little different based on total mana pool. since Dread Banner has an initial cost of 10%, and Vitality 35%, it's not an exact jump from 7-8-9% reduced mana reserved.

I think in every scenario, you need a minimum of 9 to run Vitality, but can run Dread Banner off 7 or 8.

I even tried a level 1 Precision but couldn't get it to work. In the end I dropped the Thrill Seeker node and added a small cluster with Pure Aptitude. No Dread Banner but Vitality fits in with hh equipped. Honestly Vitality breaks the build wide open.
"
teslabear wrote:
"
moldycondom wrote:
"
teslabear wrote:

What am I missing?

I even tried a level 1 Precision but couldn't get it to work. In the end I dropped the Thrill Seeker node and added a small cluster with Pure Aptitude. No Dread Banner but Vitality fits in with hh equipped. Honestly Vitality breaks the build wide open.

I'm not sure I understand. Looking at your build you only have 7 jewels with reserved corruptions. If you get 2 more, you wouldn't need the pure cluster jewel, and the build would work perfectly fine. You're also only using one Split Personality, when you can use up to 3, so you're losing a lot of mana.

You're being greedy by running headhunter where you can easily get 2 more reserved jewels on a Darkness Enthroned.
Last edited by moldycondom on Apr 22, 2020, 9:58:25 PM
"
moldycondom wrote:

I'm not sure I understand. Looking at your build you only have 7 jewels with reserved corruptions. If you get 2 more, you wouldn't need the pure cluster jewel, and the build would work perfectly fine. You're also only using one Split Personality, when you can use up to 3, so you're losing a lot of mana.

You're being greedy by running headhunter where you can easily get 2 more reserved jewels on a Darkness Enthroned.

I am running 7 now + Pure Aptitude.
I had swapped in another (8 total) and I was just short without Pure Aptitude.
At the time I still ran Darkness Enthroned for bosses so I could keep Vitality in, picking up a total of 9 reduced mana, with no Dread Banner.
Either way, this works, and I don't feel negative effects dropping Thrill Seeker. I could still upgrade with Vitality on amulet and darkness enthroned, but something as simple and cheap as

was working pretty nice.

I also didn't consider Dying Suns single target benefits so next boss I'll give it a shot.

After playing LL Divine Ire, Arc, and EK, this is my favorite so far. A lot more versatility and a great build. Only negative is gem swapping but its hardly necessary.
"
teslabear wrote:
"
moldycondom wrote:

I am running 7 now + Pure Aptitude.
I had swapped in another (8 total) and I was just short without Pure Aptitude.
At the time I still ran Darkness Enthroned for bosses so I could keep Vitality in, picking up a total of 9 reduced mana, with no Dread Banner.
Either way, this works, and I don't feel negative effects dropping Thrill Seeker. I could still upgrade with Vitality on amulet and darkness enthroned, but something as simple and cheap as

was working pretty nice.

I also didn't consider Dying Suns single target benefits so next boss I'll give it a shot.

After playing LL Divine Ire, Arc, and EK, this is my favorite so far. A lot more versatility and a great build. Only negative is gem swapping but its hardly necessary.

FYI You're not supposed to run both Vitality and Dread Banner, unless you can get the Vitality skill mod on a piece of jewellery. This also requires at least 1 more reduced mana jewel.

Vitality > Dread Banner > Neither
I am also unable to run vitality with all my reduced mana jewels i have more than 10 in total including 2 in darkness enthroned belt
"
I am also unable to run vitality with all my reduced mana jewels i have more than 10 in total including 2 in darkness enthroned belt

- You're not using an Enlighten 4 with your Purities... you're using a portal gem lol. Take out portal and put in an Enlighten 4, and your problem will likely be solved.
- You're probably low on mana. What is your mana pool?
- You have two open jewel sockets you're not using (top left of tree in clusters). Put two of those reserved jewels there, and put two more Split Personalities on the farthest right jewel sockets.
Last edited by moldycondom on Apr 23, 2020, 12:52:56 AM
PoB rates Pure Talent jewel as a DPS loss for me behind any of my other jewels with DPS mods. The 5% pen has to be better for this build though. Lots of little things with POB like this where it does not calculate things overall correctly.
Last edited by sourtimer on Apr 23, 2020, 1:28:22 AM
Ah i forgot to switch out the enlighten on purities lol
i have 1060mana
I did not take the top 2 jewel slot yet because i had not enough skill points
for split personality which is better, es,int or mana since i need 1 split personality with str to be able to use vitality

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info