3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
chodenode wrote:

Start with 2 amulets, one with each of the +1 gems mods. That will make them ... warlord and hunter? influenced, if I recall. Ensure those are the *only* influenced mods on them. If you need dex, one of them should be the type of amulet you want to end up with, ie, jade.

Do you basically just alt-spam to get the 2 different +1 mods on the rings first? And I need to regal both amulets once I have those?
"
Stubby83 wrote:

It is working well for early mapM. I am running carrion 6 link with multistike and stone 3 link maim>feeding frenzy. So I just temporarily moved stone to 6 link in place of multistrike. I am leveling 2 multistikes to pop in later for both carrion and stone. Just seems like prior to T-14-16, having impale/melee phy/brutality for both carrion and stone helps with fast clear and fast leveling. I'm only at 5 golems now so beyond the single chaos, I run 3 carrion/1 stone for clear and 3 stone/1 carrion for tough bosses. Takes care of them so fast I don't miss multistrike...yet. Even when I do swap back I think I'll keep flesh and stone/maim link and replace maim in stone golem setup for multistike, melee phys or brutality. Multistrike looks better in POB for exactly the reasons you stated. So just an option from end of acts until high tier maps.

Actually, not using multistrike for clear might not be a bad thing even for pure stone golems. Slam will be off cooldown for some of the hits, but not for all the golems at the same time. And a single slam should clear a pack once you have enough damage. So maybe a gemswap might be worth it. Might have a play with it later.

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
what i mean is punishment is applied when an enemy hits your golems, not just simply being under the effect of it. Rather have a vulnerability enchant than a punishment enchant if you're going for dps (but enfeeble enchant is almost always better than either of those).

and bosses have natural curse resistance of usually 50% or up. So if ur looking at boss dps, your enchant will be sliced up whereas a flesh offering enchant isn't effected at all

also if you are using blasphemy curse aura in this build, you are missing out on some serious dps auras like flesh and stone + maim or dread banner which offer much more dps and more consistent dps

You also seem to be using 3 curses, when only 2 apply at once...AND you specced into Whispers of Doom when you already have it enchanted on your amulet lol

The main reason i switched to blasphemy, is that flesh and stone and dread banner, have less area of effect than auras, and mobs are rarely close to me to affect them. Some exceptions applies here in some boss situations like sirus, where making circles around him.

The 3rd curse came out of Whisper of doom on amulet. I dropped ravenous horde for some time, just sto make some experiments.
I linked poacher's mark with storm brand and curse on hit. It works good only when the golems are already busy killing some other mobs.
Current build, gives 842k dps per golem in PoB. Probably is misleading me, but is working good in psychological part. loool
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
_Deadly_ wrote:
"
manipulos wrote:
I can't find a single medium cluster jewel with minion damage on trade, would a large cluster with with as few sockets as possible still work okay?

The medium clusters have: "minions have 12% increased maximum life" and not increased minion damage like the large cluster jewels.
What he said. You want the large size, best is 8 nodes. 9 will work if you don't plan on using the 3rd notable - decent starter gems for anyone on a budget.

Here's a starter search for base gems to craft on: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/ZKrgPGzfQ

Wow I feel like an idiot.

Thanks both of you for the help!

This is what happens when you can only play a couple hours at night and your brain is already fried from working all day.

Funny thing, my buddy in discord couldn't figure it out either LOL
"
chodenode wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Start with 2 amulets, one with each of the +1 gems mods. That will make them ... warlord and hunter? influenced, if I recall. Ensure those are the *only* influenced mods on them. If you need dex, one of them should be the type of amulet you want to end up with, ie, jade.

Do you basically just alt-spam to get the 2 different +1 mods on the rings first? And I need to regal both amulets once I have those?
Honestly, I bought both base amulets with the +1 mod already on them. It was cheaper to do that than it was to alt spam raw bases.

They can be blue/magic or yellow/rare, doesn't matter. The end result will be rare.
Edit: Quoting
Current league IGN: Teldra_Ultimatum_AWBFBB
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Aug 20, 2020, 1:42:49 PM
you mean even if each amulet is magic with only 1 mod, the end result will always be a rare? I didnt realize that

ed: oh yes I did, its part of the description of the awakener's orb
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 20, 2020, 3:39:26 PM
Well, finally made the jump. Goodbye CIP, you've been good to me. Hello staff!

Current league IGN: Teldra_Ultimatum_AWBFBB
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
man @selfishbrat, those are some fine sceptres...eventually thats where I want to head too but I need to figure out how to make up for the loss of resistances on my staff. Also, they are expensive and I don't have the funds right now

@gunsgun: curses are very ineffective against bosses, so the dps increase in PoB is misleading. Also, punishment itself is misleading since it won't always be active, especially against slow attacking bosses or non-contact damage.

@Jsuslak313, when I checked PoB, a +2/+3 staff like the one you have actually comes out slightly ahead dps-wise. Between the two - it's really a toss-up - just depends what fits your playstyle.

As for cost, crafting sceptres probably costs as much as crafting a +2/+3 staff?

Cost me 7 exalts to craft the first sceptre (that's the cost of everything, including bases), then 2.5 exalts to craft the second one. Second one was much cheaper because I already had the fossils, got lucky rolls when fossil crafting, and I didn't need to multimod.

There's a post on another golem thread that explains the process of crafting the sceptres in case you do want to switch - although I think the staff you have is as good or even better, depending on playstyle.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2919079/page/4
Last edited by sefishbrat on Aug 20, 2020, 11:36:00 PM
i was looking at outright buying stats, where comparable scepters were on sale for 30/40ex lol. Happy to know the crafting will be cheaper.

I tend to buy the gear vs. crafting it.

I know my staff is gonna be higher dps, but scepters would be lazier playstyle. As you said, I can just dash around the entire time rather than cycloning which would increase clearspeed considerably.

I'll craft the scepters as soon as i build back up my economy. The biggest downside though will be the loss of fortify that cyclone gives me. The fortify from my animate guardian is less reliable
Hi again

I was wondering a way to increase the dps a bit more, and thought was time to think about the cluster jewels sice they got cheaper, and i have only 4 exalts is stash.

I took a look at PoB link with cluster jewels, but i have two questions.

First, the CIP daggers needs 95 dex, and build has only 87. Is there any missing dex points?

Second, have the Vanity Jewel with 5996 bathed something.
Is there any way to find out what that jewel is giving me except the devine flesh?

(you said it earlier at wgispers of doom, but i just now found it out :P)

Thanks in Advance
Last edited by gusgunis on Aug 21, 2020, 7:18:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info