3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
gusgunis wrote:
Hi again

I was wondering a way to increase the dps a bit more, and thought was time to think about the cluster jewels sice they got cheaper, and i have only 4 exalts is stash.

I took a look at PoB link with cluster jewels, but i have two questions.

First, the CIP daggers needs 95 dex, and build has only 87. Is there any missing dex points?

Second, have the Vanity Jewel with 5996 bathed something.
Is there any way to find out what that jewel is giving me except the devine flesh?

(you said it earlier at wgispers of doom, but i just now found it out :P)

Thanks in Advance

1) You can get dex from cluster jewel's small passives. It needs luck though, since that affix doesn't have a tag, thus it's hard to craft in the grove.

Gloves usually have room for dex roll. Same with couple other slots, depending which sub-build you are using.

2) Basically, no. Rich people use hundreds of Divines trying to find good passives. Remember that Divine Orb might change the type was well (like from Xibaqua to Doryani). Some people on standard have been mapping these, but since it's so expensive and time consuming, they are not sharing their findings.
"
gusgunis wrote:
Hi again

I was wondering a way to increase the dps a bit more, and thought was time to think about the cluster jewels sice they got cheaper, and i have only 4 exalts is stash.

I took a look at PoB link with cluster jewels, but i have two questions.

First, the CIP daggers needs 95 dex, and build has only 87. Is there any missing dex points?

Second, have the Vanity Jewel with 5996 bathed something.
Is there any way to find out what that jewel is giving me except the devine flesh?

(you said it earlier at wgispers of doom, but i just now found it out :P)

Thanks in Advance
The guide says we need +71 dex collectively from our rings, gloves, and boots. Which of these you sacrifice a resist suffix on for extra dex is up to you. I used one ring suffix and an amulet with a dex implicit.

Before I swapped away from The Primordial Chain neck, I used dex on gloves:

And allocating the +30 nodes on the tree works as well, although we are starved for tree points, so that's not the optimal solution. It's easy to cap out resists - even with 85+ chaos resist - with harvest crafts, so using item affixes for dex is beneficial.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Ultimatum_AWBFBB
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
For those of you that go carrion Golems:

1) Which spectres do you use? I've been using using an arena master, they of tul, and carnage chieftain. Wasn't sure if there is a better setup.
2) If you use whirling blades, does it still require the added phys on spells?
3) I feel like I lost a good amount of tankiness moving to carrion.Is that usually the case?
"
chodenode wrote:
For those of you that go carrion Golems:

1) Which spectres do you use? I've been using using an arena master, they of tul, and carnage chieftain. Wasn't sure if there is a better setup.
2) If you use whirling blades, does it still require the added phys on spells?
3) I feel like I lost a good amount of tankiness moving to carrion.Is that usually the case?

I don't think my setup is entirely optimized, but it's been working really well, so ... /me shrugs.

1. I use those three plus one host chieftain for power charges. Requires a level 21 spectre gem and a +3 helm and the death attunement node to get 4.

2. No. Whirling blades isn't a spell, it's an attack, so it doesn't benefit from added damage to spells. Depends on what you are trying to do though, curse on hit, or activate Beacon of Ruin.

3. Maybe a bit at first, however, I was running a low level zombie gem, and keeping an eye on my Animated Guardian health so I could save him if he was about to die, etc. I also transitioned without a +minion life helm, so my spectres / zombies were weak and constantly had to be resummoned. That's not the case anymore, and it hasn't felt as risky anymore.
How much weaker is the version without cluster jewels? Im thinking about making golemancer for the first time but theres not much time left in this league and Im not sure if I wanna even bother at this point and rolling cluster for another build is a big no.

"
Asag wrote:
How much weaker is the version without cluster jewels? Im thinking about making golemancer for the first time but theres not much time left in this league and Im not sure if I wanna even bother at this point and rolling cluster for another build is a big no.

I followed the version without cluster jewels. All i managed to do, was to reach it 852k dps per golem.
Only with some respecs and one cluster jewel i managed to increase that.
But with all those golems its still few mln dps. How does it feels gameplay wise? Smooth enough (especially Sirus 8).
"
Asag wrote:
But with all those golems its still few mln dps. How does it feels gameplay wise? Smooth enough (especially Sirus 8).

You've to consider that you get 40%+ Impale chance (to reach 100%+) with cluster jewels. Without you'll be around ~72-83% (if i remembre correctly) with/without helm enchant (Dread Banner), which means that not having cluster jewels WILL affect your "real" damage output, because the impale chance will be much lower.

Otherwise, depending how you setup your jewels (Large, Medium, etc.) you could get between 30%-70% chance for your golems to deal double damage, which is huge stuff, especially against again HP monster (Sirus).

But, my personal experience with (both Carrion/Stone) golems without cluster jewels early (Harvest and Delirium) league : it clear fine up to red maps. Then, it can struggle a bit, especially in harder content such as Delirium encounters. As for bossing, it's good enough, it takes several seconds to kill bosses, you won't one-shot them of course. As for Sirus, I killed him at A6, in maybe 5-6mins deathless, so it works. It's just that you won't insta-phase him, but it's totally fine. So consider it will be a bit longer at A8.

I would suggest tho, that if you don't want to use cluster jewels, use Carrion Golems for better consistency. Again, as my personal experience, Stone Golems seems to suffer more from non-optimal gear/setup, then Carrion Golems.
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Aug 23, 2020, 11:54:42 AM
In my opinion, by the time the no-cluster setup starts to struggle, you'll be making enough currency just by playing that you can outright buy the clusters.

Also, on the scale of easy -> difficult to self craft, the clusters are pretty easy. They aren't a bench craft, but it didn't take me 5 minutes to craft after I had some stored seed crafts.
Hi guys........
This has been the best guild which i have looked in to and to see so much support.. a special thanks to #Wermine to hepl me get my char up and running very smooth.

Now again seeking some help & advise, currently i am planing to switch but gradually with this armor and amu

some more works on the armor..but thats not the problem. Now the amulet i was lucky as got it for about 2ex with no good roll. But with some chaos harvest crafts was able to get it till this.

Now how do i move forward...add remove physcial is the option but its weight is only 250 should i do somthing else so tht i can get if easily.

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info