3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

any1 else have a problem where dead legion generals don't actually die and loot while using minions? curious if theres a fix other than to unsummon every single minion.

ed: even unsummoning them doesnt work...

lol can't upload the image, but theres a big ole dead spirit of queen hrrhi or whatever her name is that is just perma stuck
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 19, 2020, 2:53:38 PM
"
thuanhieu01 wrote:
What you think about replace Cold Iron Point to Clayshaper for extra 2 golems?

Don't forget that those 2 CIP are giving +6 level to your Stone/Carrion golems and ALL phys gems, like Pride, Dread Banner, F&S, etc, that's HUGE. I don't have PoB right now to test it, but i'm pretty sure that's a damage loss even if you have +2 golems.
whoa I'm actually mildly impressed...

some bs t15 map with slight boosted damage mods and influence managed to spike all my spectres, my animate guardian, and all my zombies at once. fucking intense
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
Stubby83 wrote:
One simple gem swap and my damage scaled way up. Linked Flash and Stone with Maim and put Stone golem in 6 link, dropping multistrike. Carrion Golem > Stone Golem > Impale > Melee Phys > Minion Damage > Brutality.

Carrion Golem damage didn't decrease much with loss of multistrike. But Stone Golem DPS went way up with impale, brutality, melee phys, and minion damage. Double 5 link golems working good for me.

That seems like a bad idea...
It might have increased your stone golem damage, but presumably you only have one of them, and you are mostlyscaling around carrion golem damage?
Not sure why it's not showing, but multistrike should be a very big dps increase for the carrion golems.

Remember that Multistrike make your golems hits repeat 2 aditionnal times (3 for the awakened version) without having to wait for the cooldown of the skill used by the golem, and considering that Stone Golems are naturally slow at attacking, removing MS from their link will basically cut down their damage by a ton, and it also break the attack rate/cooldown ratio...

Lets say your Stone Golems have a 2.5 attack rate. The formula with MS is
(1 / 2.5) * 3 = 1.2. Which means that your cooldown needs to be slightly under 1.2 second, which is fine. If you remove multistrike you have the following formula :
(1 / 2.5) = 0.4. Which means that your cooldown needs to be under 0.4 second which i don't think is possible to achieve without screwing up the whole skill tree to socket litterally Harmony everywhere lol.

Even if PoB says it OK, that's on paper. For Carrion Golems, it's not as worst but still a huge cut down in damage.
"
Fruitycakes wrote:
How does Aspect of the Spider from gloves fit in? Even with Sovereignty, with 4 auras on, thats 99% mana reduction. Theres almost nothing left to cast anything.

I managed to do it with enlighten 4 linked to all other auras. You can take a look at my bigGolemToaster character in Standard league as an example. But, you cant use CIPs, you need a 2h weapon (staff, mace, etc.)
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Aug 19, 2020, 3:44:10 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

some bs t15 map with slight boosted damage mods and influence managed to spike all my spectres, my animate guardian, and all my zombies at once. fucking intense

You could try stacking Medium Cluster jewels with Dread March + Renewal (Best of both world, damage and defense). I was running 4 of them, and since then my zombies, spectres, ag, golems, etc. none of them ever went close to 50% life. And i wasn't even using Sacrifice neither Indomitable Army, but was using +2 Minions gems and Lvl 20 Minion Life helm for zombies and spectre (not AG), but you can't do that since you're using RS i believe ?

Did A8 Sirus storm diving, 100% juiced Delirous T16 maps, etc. it runs smooth with this setup.
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Aug 19, 2020, 4:18:04 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Well, after the update yesterday, all kinds of things were invisible... maybe there was an invisible physical reflect mod on that map? ;)

Or was the map Racecourse, and you ran afoul of the minotaur guy's reflect aura?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Aug 19, 2020, 6:13:46 PM
nah it wasnt a reflect, just a pack of baran dudes that smashed the shit outta me
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Wermine wrote:
"
chodenode wrote:

I see. Do you by chance have a PoB or character I can look at that has that fleshed out? I'd like to try it, but I don't have currency to invest a second time in a new character.

I'm not that guy, but I have fully decked Carrion Golem char. Sirus A8, Uber Elder and Simulacrum were easy. I modified guide's version a bit. Feel free to ask questions.
Wow. Ok, his is significantly further along than mine! :)

With that said, feel free to check out mine as well, I'm a lot closer to the guide at a guess, but I'll bet I'm also pushing far less damage than he is!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/grimjack68/characters

I think starting with where you're at is more attainable for me. Mind if I ask how you crafted your amulet? I'm wasting a lot of currency on this and probably getting it wrong.
"
chodenode wrote:

I think starting with where you're at is more attainable for me. Mind if I ask how you crafted your amulet? I'm wasting a lot of currency on this and probably getting it wrong.
Of course! I didn't pioneer this process by any stretch, I followed a post here quite a few pages back.

Start with 2 amulets, one with each of the +1 gems mods. That will make them ... warlord and hunter? influenced, if I recall. Ensure those are the *only* influenced mods on them. If you need dex, one of them should be the type of amulet you want to end up with, ie, jade.

Awakener's orb to create one amulet from the two, with one influence mod from each and the rest of the affixes randomly rolled. Read the description on the awakener's orb, it explains which amulet is destroyed and which is kept, which matters for the base you end up with.

From there it's a whole bunch of seed / bench crafts to get it to where you want it. The only thing you "cannot" reliably get rid of is a prefix that either isn't tagged at all, or is with something you can't remove, like +mana.

Mine isn't technically complete yet... I could scrub off the minion speed craft, hit it with prefixes cannot be changed, and either remove a physical mod to pull off the DOT affix, or scour to clear off all the suffixes. Scour seems more likely, then I could go for whatever combination I want - chaos resist with add chaos affix seedcraft, pride has reduced mana reservation with add influence mod seedcraft, and benchcraft the minion speed again looks like the best possible outcome. Additional resistance and skip the pride mod if I needed the resists - which I don't, at least not right now.

Exactly what crafts you need to use after the awakener's orb will depend on what affixes you roll. You're more than welcome to ping me in game if I'm on, link me the item and I'll give you advice on what to do next.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Aug 20, 2020, 12:14:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info