3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
chodenode wrote:

I see. Do you by chance have a PoB or character I can look at that has that fleshed out? I'd like to try it, but I don't have currency to invest a second time in a new character.

I'm not that guy, but I have fully decked Carrion Golem char. Sirus A8, Uber Elder and Simulacrum were easy. I modified guide's version a bit. Feel free to ask questions.
Thanks again Skyscan and all others contributing. Amazing build, and got me my 36 challenges easy.
- Sirus deathless is easy. Phase 3 is so short that I don't even get put into the meteor maze.
- Uber Elder, Shaper and Elder all deathless (elder AFK).
- t16 blight maps afk.
- t16 100% delirium map no issue. I haven't tried t17 or higher but will probably try in the next couple of weeks.

Almost all my gear is self-crafted. Harvest is awesome :)
- Hubris Circlet was originally non-influenced, and I harvest crafted influence on it. Got shaper, then I used an awakener orb to add Elder influence. Then spammed fossils until I got minion life and + to socketed minion gems. Then harvest crafted from there.
- Sceptres, got a base, used the fracture prefix mod to turn the minion damage roll into a fractured prefix, then fossil and harvest crafted from there.
- gloves, stygian vise and ring also all self-crafted.

Amulet was not fully self-crafted. I bought one that already had the +1 phys/+1 int gem, then scoured the suffixes, so I could add phys damage reduction, chaos resist and min endurance charge to it.

Aside from a few life rolls, I'm almost complete. There's some more min-maxing in terms of resists that can be done, but it's frankly not necessary. The ring, I can probably re-craft to have minion damage but not sure if I'll bother. Went with double sceptres instead of a staff. Mostly because that means I don't have to click on any buttons - I just dash around and flesh offering, molten shell and desecrate proc, also enduring cry since that's on left click.

Also only using one curse - build is strong enough I think.

Last edited by sefishbrat on Aug 19, 2020, 2:58:10 AM
"
Wermine wrote:
"
chodenode wrote:

I see. Do you by chance have a PoB or character I can look at that has that fleshed out? I'd like to try it, but I don't have currency to invest a second time in a new character.

I'm not that guy, but I have fully decked Carrion Golem char. Sirus A8, Uber Elder and Simulacrum were easy. I modified guide's version a bit. Feel free to ask questions.
Wow. Ok, his is significantly further along than mine! :)

With that said, feel free to check out mine as well, I'm a lot closer to the guide at a guess, but I'll bet I'm also pushing far less damage than he is!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/grimjack68/characters
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Aug 19, 2020, 4:44:04 AM
One simple gem swap and my damage scaled way up. Linked Flash and Stone with Maim and put Stone golem in 6 link, dropping multistrike. Carrion Golem > Stone Golem > Impale > Melee Phys > Minion Damage > Brutality.

Carrion Golem damage didn't decrease much with loss of multistrike. But Stone Golem DPS went way up with impale, brutality, melee phys, and minion damage. Double 5 link golems working good for me.
"
Stubby83 wrote:
One simple gem swap and my damage scaled way up. Linked Flash and Stone with Maim and put Stone golem in 6 link, dropping multistrike. Carrion Golem > Stone Golem > Impale > Melee Phys > Minion Damage > Brutality.

Carrion Golem damage didn't decrease much with loss of multistrike. But Stone Golem DPS went way up with impale, brutality, melee phys, and minion damage. Double 5 link golems working good for me.

That seems like a bad idea...
It might have increased your stone golem damage, but presumably you only have one of them, and you are mostlyscaling around carrion golem damage?
Not sure why it's not showing, but multistrike should be a very big dps increase for the carrion golems.
man @selfishbrat, those are some fine sceptres...eventually thats where I want to head too but I need to figure out how to make up for the loss of resistances on my staff. Also, they are expensive and I don't have the funds right now

@gunsgun: curses are very ineffective against bosses, so the dps increase in PoB is misleading. Also, punishment itself is misleading since it won't always be active, especially against slow attacking bosses or non-contact damage.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 19, 2020, 11:27:09 AM
"
thuanhieu01 wrote:
What you think about replace Cold Iron Point to Clayshaper for extra 2 golems?

Might help clearspeed (But probably not, they have a habit of all going to the same target anyway!) but would be less damage.
It's about 40% less damage per golem, so assuming 9 golems vs 7, and 1 million dps (Just to make maths easier) with the CIP

7 * 1 million = 7 million dps with Cold Iron Points
9 * 0.6 Million = 5.4 Million dps

Plus lower life for the minions, less regen.

It's not a Huge difference, so if clayshapers are much cheaper in a future league, it's not a bad option. Or if before getting the jewels, where getting more golems will be more valuable

what i mean is punishment is applied when an enemy hits your golems, not just simply being under the effect of it. Rather have a vulnerability enchant than a punishment enchant if you're going for dps (but enfeeble enchant is almost always better than either of those).

and bosses have natural curse resistance of usually 50% or up. So if ur looking at boss dps, your enchant will be sliced up whereas a flesh offering enchant isn't effected at all

also if you are using blasphemy curse aura in this build, you are missing out on some serious dps auras like flesh and stone + maim or dread banner which offer much more dps and more consistent dps

You also seem to be using 3 curses, when only 2 apply at once...AND you specced into Whispers of Doom when you already have it enchanted on your amulet lol
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 19, 2020, 12:01:25 PM
How does Aspect of the Spider from gloves fit in? Even with Sovereignty, with 4 auras on, thats 99% mana reduction. Theres almost nothing left to cast anything.
@fruitycakes: i have 12 jewels with 1% mana reserve in order to run Aspect with zero mana left. I didn't take any mana reserve nodes. Pride + Flesh/stone (maim) + Dread Banner + aspect of the spider + 12% mana reserve = 100% for me

All of my skills are free, and if i need to resummon I turn off pride. Only issue with my setup is I don't have enough mana to cast Warcry, so instead I get endurance charges through Enduring Focus medium cluster

If you go for 4 auras, you need to get reduced mana cost on both your rings
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 19, 2020, 12:33:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info