3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
venk2011 wrote:
"

They use exactly the same setup as Stone Golems (except they don't need a ton of Harmony for cooldown, cause they just don't really care about cooldown lol) so no big changes.

Hi,

i switched to carrion golems and still have 5 Harmony socketed.
Should i replace 2-3 of them with Eminence Jewel?
Currently i use 3 Eminence Jewel in my Build.

I saw a 3.10 Build that used only 2 Harmony and the rest with Eminence.

Thanks

Depends how many cluster jewels you want to use. I'd say 50/50 Harmony/eminence is a brainless setup. But, just open up PoB and swap in and out harmony vs eminence to see what gives the most damage for your current setup. Look at the life regen either.

I personally run 2 harmony 2 eminence, 2 large cluster, 4 medium cluster.
Before cluster jewels, i was runing 6 eminence 4 harmony, because it was the setup that was giving the most damage for my build setup at that moment.
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Aug 17, 2020, 2:26:18 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
hey carlovski for a long time I was using a GG astral plate instead of brass dome...the damage is definitely a lot more BUT the tradeoff is you are going to die a lot more...you can probably get almost 1k more life but you will feel much weaker than if you were just running brass dome with 1000 less life.

I'd sooner save for a corrupted dome, maybe even a +1 dome.

I'm not pushing for super high level, just having some fun. And running the 2 defensive curses helps a bit.
I've double corrupted a few domes, 2 went all white, one poofed. Nothing exciting yet!
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
chodenode wrote:
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
But, you'll have to replace that amulet, Primordial Chain is really bad for Carrion Golems (it's less damage then wearing no amulet at all lol)

Sorry - I'm kinda new at this. Can you explain how this is the case?

Also, do you have a recommendation on what to replace it with?

Thanks for any help.
Carrion golems gain 5% more - so multiplier here - damage per non-golem minion nearby. Up to 50%.

Primordial Chain will not allow you to have non-golem minions. So, no extra boost for CGs.

Literally any amulet is better for CGs, however, ideally you'd want one with some gem increases, minion speed perhaps, life, resists, etc. I'm using this, it's pretty decent.

So is this to propose dumping the amulet, lose 3 golems, and then add in some other minions (skeletons?) so as to pump the 5%?
"
chodenode wrote:

So is this to propose dumping the amulet, lose 3 golems, and then add in some other minions (skeletons?) so as to pump the 5%?
Correct. You move to 1 stone, 1 chaos, 4 carrion, animated guardian, spectres, and fill out the rest with zombies.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Trying to craft a staff. Managed to make the fractured base fairly cheaply, but rolling + to all spells is even harder than I thought, guess that's why they are quite expensive! I think I might have accidentally rolled over it once too...

Might have to stop for a bit while I get some more currency!

"
Carlovski wrote:
Trying to craft a staff. Managed to make the fractured base fairly cheaply, but rolling + to all spells is even harder than I thought, guess that's why they are quite expensive! I think I might have accidentally rolled over it once too...

I haven't even started to look into that... what's the cost / process for that?

I'm starting to run out of other things to add to this build. :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

I haven't even started to look into that... what's the cost / process for that?

I'm starting to run out of other things to add to this build. :)

It's a little painful. The way I am doing it (Not sure if optimal!)

- Get a delve staff > ilvl77 with the minion deal 94% increased damage/5 % chance double damage mod. ilvl 77-79 is ideal as it restricts some mods, but not a huge deal.
- Fill out prefixes if needed to get 3 prefixes.
- Fracture the prefixes. Hope you fracture the minion mod. If not, repeat.
- Now you need to roll +1/2 to all spells. Its a single mod so can be divined if you hit +1. Its got a weight of 50, and there are a LOT of staff prefixes.
- Harvest reroll caster mods is the best option, but might take a long time. Get a big t1 garden and buy seeds if you want to do this. Or just chaos spam.
- Hope you have a spare prefix and suffix. Or ones you can harvest craft annul. Otherwise might have to use an annul orb and risk losing the spell mod.
- Craft cannot roll attack mods.
- Use augment phys, and add/remove phys until you hit +3 physical.
- Sort out suffixes if you want, otherwise craft minion attack speed.

The staves are getting harder to buy. Make sure its a staff, not a warstave. There are tons on the market priced similar to a normal staff. Plus a load of already fractured ones where people must have used the wrong one.
You want a block chance stave too, not a crit chance one.

Chaos spamming for the spell mod gets expensive quite quickly. If you take it as a side project and use harvest it might be much cheaper (I should have started earlier, I must have wasted 100s of caster re-rolls just for lifeforce). I've hit +3 chos/phys/fire etc loads of times, which is only slightly rarer than all spells, which is a bit annoying.

Good luck!

Finally hit stage 2, don't want to think how many chaos it took!

Empty Suffix and Prefix too. Annoying non removable suffix, can always try and scour suffixes or reroll suffixes later though

Edit

Ok, bit luckier with the phys crafts. Used the 4 I had saved with no luck, but bought one and hit it.

Just need to socket, link and finish off crafting!

Final edit!

Was a pig to link, but got there in the end. Then realised didn't have the minion attack speed unveil so had to find someone trustworthy. Still need to remove the lightning res and put on chaos res, but using it for now

Last edited by Carlovski on Aug 18, 2020, 8:33:20 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
chodenode wrote:

Correct. You move to 1 stone, 1 chaos, 4 carrion, animated guardian, spectres, and fill out the rest with zombies.

I see. Do you by chance have a PoB or character I can look at that has that fleshed out? I'd like to try it, but I don't have currency to invest a second time in a new character.
What you think about replace Cold Iron Point to Clayshaper for extra 2 golems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info