[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

Going to level my scion from 72 to 95 now. Any tips on levelings links etc.?
Can you check my gear? I bought most of the endgame items and my ball lightning only deals 2k damage. I don't know why.
Devil, I'm new to this build and can't really comment on what is holding you back. However, I'm doing t16 with a 5L Cloak. (I was doing t16 before I switched to clusters and upgrading amulet enchantment). My damage isn't great, but that really doesn't hold me back until bosses...I'm just not speed clearing stuff. You'll notice my weapons are not good...next on my list to upgrade and have some stuff in my stash I'm trying to craft in the meantime. You've got the big pieces so I don't think it's going to take much investment to make it workable. I'd reread the guide to make sure you're not missing any of the details.
Hey guys, I need your help with this build.

I am experiencing exactly what most of the people are stating in thread. This build is quite tanky and I can clear t16 maps with ease but my boss damage is absolutely crap. I think the boss dies out of fatigue rather than damage. My gear is not insane but I don't think it's that bad either. The reason why I picked this build is because I wanted a solid boss killer and this seems to be everything but that.

Would someone be kind to help by checking my profile? Would I be better off playing archmage ball lightining\arc?
"
Rv15 wrote:
Can you check my gear? I bought most of the endgame items and my ball lightning only deals 2k damage. I don't know why.

Main 2 issues to fix:

Using GMP and not slower projectiles. Slower projectiles is mandatory with Ball Lightning to deal meaningful damage.

Weapons are bad. Missing 5 damage mod explicits on weapons. This could be crit multi, spell crit chance, corpse explodey etc.

Lesser issues:

Missing meaningful helm enchant and missing the 3 area of effect enchants on weapons/belt.

Belt is really really bad.

Try swapping out atziri's promise chaos flask for wise oak with lightning resistance being your highest uncapped for resistant bosses or bottled faith flask if rich. You don't need that much chaos resist with this build. Just enough to not get 1shot. Without penetration resistant bosses will take a while to kill.

jewels: Heavily invested into crit multi jewels but looks like your crit chance is very low.

This is the gear I'm currently using for this build at level 99 if you are looking for what to shoot for.
Last edited by Ciatlov on Feb 2, 2021, 5:25:49 PM
I can't figure out how to get Berserk to work. Is it something to do with your Lethal Pride jewel? (I'm running Saboteur atm from the guide if it's a Hierophant thing)

Edit: found it. Okay so the Lethal Pride is what allows us to use Beserk. But that degen is pretty fierce. Seems like you need multiple of the Liquid Inspiration/Distilled Perfection to run that?
Last edited by DarkSoul_00 on Feb 4, 2021, 4:20:50 AM
How does this build work?

I bought all the gear and I go into a map and click "Detonate Mines" button and nothing happens. I don't have a mine throw button either?

I have Ball Lightning linked with all the mine supports in 6L chest.

I'm totally missing something basic.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 4, 2021, 6:04:27 AM
Brunowa,

When you cast ball lightning it will instead throw a mine. Then you can detonate.
"
Rv15 wrote:

You're probably playing wrong. You have to throw 20 mines, pop arcane cloak, detonate mines one time, and as those are going off you keep throwing mines. You reset once all the mines are detonated in one sequence.
Hey, I'm leveling this build and I'm super fragile. I rushed through the first 4 acts pretty quickly, the act 3 boss was a nightmare of throwing my body at him for like 30 mins though. Now in Act 5 I have to kill everything and go super slow because everything one shots me. Any advice? Or is that just how the build is leveling?

https://pastebin.com/P7G1N0Lw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info