[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

"
alpish wrote:
Hey there, excellent guide. After your ice shot miner guide, it was another delight to read. I have played this build after seeing Akane’s videos. Some notes;
- I think an explode mace is worth of mention as it vastly improves clear and survivabiliy by destroying corpses
- I felt like flat damage to spells infact doesn’t have that much of an effect mostly because arcane cloak adds so much flat. A warning for others, the damage feels weak sometimes until you press arcane cloak where your damage goes 2.5x. Pretty impressive.
- Numbing elixir actually gives some phys reduction and we also have fortify. So we actually have some, I would say it’s a bit unfair to the build how you word in the ‘cons’ section.

Some discussion:
- I think it can be possible to add righteous fire (non-Vaal) because we have so much sustain.
- Akane switches Sabo to Hierophant in his latest lvl100 video. I think this is a good trade if you have enough skill points.
- I chose to annoint crusader. It currently gives +9% more damage for my character. Lose some throw speed but lots of damage and mana if you need that last bit to get to 5k for Omeyocan. Maybe add it as an expensive option?
- Could you share a bit more of your delving experience with the build? How does it compare to your ice shot miner for instance, how deep do you think can go etc.

Thanks again for the good read!

I do agree all of your points above, perhaps some of the words I used are too "harsh", like the defenses section, will try to word a little bit differently =p.

On the discussion
- Yep I do plan on mentioning a perma rf on a "how to play" section, same goes to arcane cloak
- I have thought about Hierophant, was trying to make a good tree out of it because you can no longer path from the start at shadow, so some parts of the tree are needed to be changed, refering to Akane's Tree and making some slight adjustments (maybe, cus i don't feel like yoinking the whole tree)
- Thanks for your opinion! =p, I will think about adding that cus it does looks like a solid endgame anointment option
- Sure, I will make a section on how the build feels on each mechanic, but for now I don't have good experience on delving, at least for now, mainly due to BL unable to 1 shot stuff.

Also, thanks for reading =p, glad you enjoyed it!
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Any ideas how to craft a good weapon? I got enough currency but i feel like i dont find a good weapon on the market right now
Very nice guide, thanks for posting it! Also, I'd like to craft some weapons too (I bought your suggested weapons, just thought maybe there's bettes ones. If it's possible, can you add a crafting section? Or just answer me, that'll do! Thanks again! :) I'm fairly new to poe, I don't know much about it yet, just so you know why i'd like to know about the crafting.

Take care: Elirthil
Last edited by Elirthil on Apr 4, 2020, 7:11:27 PM
"
Treydez87 wrote:
Any ideas how to craft a good weapon? I got enough currency but i feel like i dont find a good weapon on the market right now

If you felt like the item I linked is "not optimal" for endgame, you just look for all the stats I mentioned in the same weapon, though the weapon I posted in the gear section doesn't seem very good for endgame, but for my damage it is enough to 1 shot conquerors and nearly one shot sirus.

"
Elirthil wrote:

Very nice guide, thanks for posting it! Also, I'd like to craft some weapons too (I bought your suggested weapons, just thought maybe there's bettes ones. If it's possible, can you add a crafting section? Or just answer me, that'll do! Thanks again! :) I'm fairly new to poe, I don't know much about it yet, just so you know why i'd like to know about the crafting.

Take care: Elirthil

I do felt like there are better ones but according to PoB, most of the other weapons are actually performing worse compare to the weapons I showed in the gear section, I will continue to experiment on different weapons so it will take time until I've completed the crafting guide

To both of you, this is the best crafting setup I have currently found at the moment, can be slightly expensive
https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=17&m=fossil&f=|10|2|7|13|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Apr 4, 2020, 10:17:28 PM
Thank you so much!

I have this two weapons but I don't know what should I look for.

Some people told me that nonchaos damage as extra chaos/ lightning as extra chaos was far better than the flat lightning damage to spells

I had a lot of problems with damage vs guardians/etc.
"
Darmonis wrote:

I have this two weapons but I don't know what should I look for.

Some people told me that nonchaos damage as extra chaos/ lightning as extra chaos was far better than the flat lightning damage to spells

I had a lot of problems with damage vs guardians/etc.

I do have some slight errors from my wording so aplogies first.

K first of all ye, that non chaos is better ONLY IF your arcane cloak able to consume enough mana to get the flat.

So on early stages, flat is superior, after you have a lot of mana and arcane cloak scaling, then non chaos as extra will br more superior
Hey Remi,

Every league i try to play mechanic i've never experienced, this league i've decided to try mines.

After getting alot of currency with cyclone facebreaker champ, but struggling with sirus, i found Akane's build:

i've invested somewhere around 40 ex into the build, lvl 91 now and i'm no where near as unkillable, and my damage is not what i've always seen touted as Boss-melting mine dmg. I'm struggling even in T14/15/16 maps if i stay still for 2-3 seconds im pretty much dead, and my dmg against bosses is pretty bad

My current POB: https://pastebin.com/FdkMdScp

Now i know my stuff isnt as good, but with so many uniques its not far off. I have every cluster jewel, watchers eye, unnatural instinct, timeless faith, 6 link chest, all the big ticket items needed to make the build work but its not working out. Im confused, as i said this is my first ever miner and i need someone with more experience to look my POB over and tell me what im doing wrong. I've tried his youtube comments and reddit but i haven't gotten any help so hoping you can share some insight.

Being Higher lvl will give me access to slots so ill be able to fill them with jewels with %life, throwing speed, resists which will allow me to have less on gear and get more life/mana there,. But other than that... i don't see much difference.

His mana regen is close to 3 times what mine is, (he has 70% mana regen enchant on boots), his dmg is about 50% higher than mine, jewels with crit multi, arcane cloak 15% extra mana used enchant will account for some of that for sure, but i can't believe i'm just 2 enchants away.

Since it's my first miner, I can't help but think im doing something wrong mechanically? (I almost never use bear trap for example). whats the secret to getting a nice successive chain of mine detonations? what should my next upgrade gear wise be? I want to reach out to knowledgeable people before i get too tilted with the build. The whole point was to not die to bosses, not run around terrified of every little thing.

thank you
Last edited by nappy450 on Apr 6, 2020, 1:16:41 AM
"
nappy450 wrote:
Hey Remi,

Every league i try to play mechanic i've never experienced, this league i've decided to try mines.

After getting alot of currency with cyclone facebreaker champ, but struggling with sirus, i found Akane's build:

i've invested somewhere around 40 ex into the build, lvl 91 now and i'm no where near as unkillable, and my damage is not what i've always seen touted as Boss-melting mine dmg. I'm struggling even in T14/15/16 maps if i stay still for 2-3 seconds im pretty much dead, and my dmg against bosses is pretty bad

Now i know my stuff isnt as good, but with so many uniques its not far off. I have every cluster jewel, watchers eye, unnatural instinct, timeless faith, 6 link chest, all the big ticket items needed to make the build work but its not working out. Im confused, as i said this is my first ever miner and i need someone with more experience to look my POB over and tell me what im doing wrong. I've tried his youtube comments and reddit but i haven't gotten any help so hoping you can share some insight.

Being Higher lvl will give me access to slots so ill be able to fill them with jewels with %life, throwing speed, resists which will allow me to have less on gear and get more life/mana there,. But other than that... i don't see much difference.

His mana regen is close to 3 times what mine is, (he has 70% mana regen enchant on boots), his dmg is about 50% higher than mine, jewels with crit multi, arcane cloak 15% extra mana used enchant will account for some of that for sure, but i can't believe i'm just 2 enchants away.

Since it's my first miner, I can't help but think im doing something wrong mechanically? (I almost never use bear trap for example). whats the secret to getting a nice successive chain of mine detonations? what should my next upgrade gear wise be? I want to reach out to knowledgeable people before i get too tilted with the build. The whole point was to not die to bosses, not run around terrified of every little thing.

thank you

Indeed his items and regen are a lot better than yours, so does mine. So since we are both in somewhat budget-ish situation, there are some changes has to be made.

Gears - So first of all on your belt, you need to have mana rolls and "reduce flasked charges used" roll so you can consistently spam your flask. Meanwhile on your flask setup, I suggest dropping both Silver flask and Sulphur flask, change it into a Quartz flask and Atziri's Promise, damage should feel a lot better.

Gem links - I changed your gem setup into mine (main bl setup) and I only set it on all lvl 20 gems, it deals more damage compare to your other setup.

Tree - I see you did grab a lot of mana cluster jewels but the optimal time to grab the clusters are when your character are fully leveled. So for now you are better of grabbing Sabo + Pathfinder.

I changed your tree by A LOT, damage looks far better, so just follow my tree and gem setup, get some new jewels and you should be set.

For the PoB, I've removed most of your damage boosting abilities like vaal rf and mana spent on indigon, so your average damage right now is 26k, which is on the top ladder of poe ninja for now.

Do note that you have low amount of increase on your pob (293% after edited), without having the helmet enchant you lose a lot of damage. My suggestion is to get bunch of increase, there is a jewel I tried to put in, it is called "Mine + Spell + Global crit multi", check that jewel, it should add a bunch of damage.

https://pastebin.com/2Xc8kyQH <--- PoB after edited

Give me some feedback after you did those changes
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Apr 6, 2020, 3:38:49 AM
"
nappy450 wrote:
Hey Remi,

thank you

With pathfinder you need: Better flasks, more flask effect

I'm now only three days in at lvl 92 and I am not having any trouble.
I did every A8 elder/shaper guardian, lvl83 mastermind, every A8 conqueror, T16 and delve at ~230.
Only problem was A8 sirus but it was my 2nd A8 fight ever and with gems still at 19/0. Survivability is good but the damage is still low.

Same as your build I am missing the last jewel slots which boost mine throwing, crit-multi and eHP.

But you really should get a quartz flask with catarina stun avoid craft for stun immunity, phasing and big dodge boost. Also I think an atziri's promise is better than sulphur as it does damage and boosts your chaos resist by quite a bit.

My skill tree has constitution, profane chemistry and the 5% flask/mana node above primal spirit. I don't have unnatural instinct and i dont have written in blood.
Also activate spiked concoction for general flask boost.

Updated Arakaali/Shakari Pantheon is a must have.

I have the 70% lab enchant for the boots but I think it does nothing as most of the mana comes from the flask. Next I want to try the spell dodge enchant.

Updates I want to do next: Flask effect/charges/mana recovery belt, 40x mana catalysts

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info