[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

Klepstryk
You are pretty close...I'd say try to hit 5k mana. With 2 cheap upgrades you will have better gear than me and I'm doing t16 and the 10 boss invites (I do die..but I can clear them). I'd get a belt with some mana, if you need resistances get it on a jewel maybe. And upgrade your Spirit Etcher dagger....you could get something less than 10 chaos that has mana and as good or better damage roll. At that point you would have better gear than me (I still don't have a single jewel with Liquid Inspiration and Distilled Perfection). Get those skill gems up and quality them.
Last edited by DarkSoul_00 on Feb 9, 2021, 12:44:46 PM
"
DamagePlanX wrote:
Can I get this build rolling with a starting budget of 5ex or should I wait until I can invest more?

You could definitely start with that. It isn't going to have great offense or defense at that point. But with a 5L Cloak, Indigon, Omeycan, Atziri Foible, you could make it a work in progress.
"
Devil wrote:
The 40% inc dmg from Bottled Faith doesn't apply to mines / traps right?
Is the flask really worth ~8ex for the build without gaining the 40% inc dmg?

Or am I missing something that'll make it work and get me crazy dps.

It DOES work in POB. I guess the author did not want to replace the quartz flask with it in order to balance defence vs. offence.

However I was thinking to keep quicksilver flask for (speed)mapping and use Bottled Faith for bossing.
I'm trying out this build, it's a lot of fun to play but the one shots are insane.... Very very squishy at my current gear level, i've dropped bout 15-20ex worth of gear on it, i just get randomly one shot just as bad as with CoC ice nova.

I guess these builds unless you dump 50ex+ they just don't work.
Give me a fuckin beta already fss..
"
DarkSoul_00 wrote:
Klepstryk
You are pretty close...I'd say try to hit 5k mana. With 2 cheap upgrades you will have better gear than me and I'm doing t16 and the 10 boss invites (I do die..but I can clear them). I'd get a belt with some mana, if you need resistances get it on a jewel maybe. And upgrade your Spirit Etcher dagger....you could get something less than 10 chaos that has mana and as good or better damage roll. At that point you would have better gear than me (I still don't have a single jewel with Liquid Inspiration and Distilled Perfection). Get those skill gems up and quality them.

I'm a little confused how you're doing good in t16s. I have alright gear (except the weapon) but I'm severely lacking dps on t16 bosses. Could you guide me through your upgrade process or give me some advice?
"
W0rld1337 wrote:

I'm a little confused how you're doing good in t16s. I have alright gear (except the weapon) but I'm severely lacking dps on t16 bosses. Could you guide me through your upgrade process or give me some advice?

I'm still a novice at this build and hopefully someone with more experience can chime in. I am not insta deleting bosses, I do have to fight them for a bit.

I tried berserk a little bit and I don't think I have the gear for it.
Personally I'm curious is berserk worth it if I don't have alternate quality for dps boost? I think I need a few Liquid Inspiration AND Distilled Perfection jewels before I can handle that.

While I can't handle the degen that happens when running beserk ... I run around with regular Righteous Fire on. So for buffs I have RF always, and then Sigil of Power and Vaal Righteous Fire for rituals/bosses/etc. I also found someone who would do the bench craft for crit chance on the flask for me. An easy and cheap upgrade (not a gamechanger..this isn't what is holding you back) I started feeling better once I got around 6k mana.

Definitely recommend changing to the right mana flask. That'll help.
Last edited by DarkSoul_00 on Feb 10, 2021, 3:31:31 AM
"
W0rld1337 wrote:

You don't have 20lvl gems. Your Berserk is not Divergent - it gives no damage.
Your Lightning resistance is not the highest resistance - Wise oak flask does not work, you lost a lot of damage.

And also Snowstorm in large cluster does not work because you don't use Summon Skitterbots and don't have chilled enemies
Last edited by AVDem on Feb 10, 2021, 4:06:09 AM
"
DarkSoul_00 wrote:
Klepstryk

Yep - switching poor weapon improved dmg.

Although - the biggest change i've observed was investing in (got lucky to get it for 3ex) Watcher's eye, and go beyond 5k mana (full dodge bonus).

Nevertheless - it's still not enough to be a bosskiller nor t15/16 speedclearing. I've dropped around 15ex into this build and - to be honest in this stage it's barely better than my Poison BV, on which i've invested like 2-3ex max.
Looking at what i need to upgrade plus nice-to-have bottle of faith / unnatural instinct, i think i can achieve that at around 50ex.

Of course - this build is a fun, but it should be mentioned that it is not cheap build if you want to facetank sirus / maven / shaper. Even if the prices of jewels skyrocket after Gimro shows Akane build - this is still beyond cheap build to be boss viable.

And btw. Darksoul_00 - i've made all my Jewels by myself from barely 50c to max 3ex investement; just get the base and spam alt+regals like there will be no tomorrow!
Last edited by klepstryk on Feb 10, 2021, 4:54:10 AM
"
klepstryk wrote:
"
DarkSoul_00 wrote:
Klepstryk

Yep - switching poor weapon improved dmg.

Although - the biggest change i've observed was investing in (got lucky to get it for 3ex) Watcher's eye, and go beyond 5k mana (full dodge bonus).

Nevertheless - it's still not enough to be a bosskiller nor t15/16 speedclearing. I've dropped around 15ex into this build and - to be honest in this stage it's barely better than my Poison BV, on which i've invested like 2-3ex max.
Looking at what i need to upgrade plus nice-to-have bottle of faith / unnatural instinct, i think i can achieve that at around 50ex.

Of course - this build is a fun, but it should be mentioned that it is not cheap build if you want to facetank sirus / maven / shaper. Even if the prices of jewels skyrocket after Gimro shows Akane build - this is still beyond cheap build to be boss viable.

And btw. Darksoul_00 - i've made all my Jewels by myself from barely 50c to max 3ex investement; just get the base and spam alt+regals like there will be no tomorrow!

Scion is a late blooming class. This build doesn't even come together until 95-97 when you can run all 6 cluster jewels.

You also need good gear and specifically good jewels on a scion to utilize the extra skill points you get. Scion miner gets almost no damage from ascendancy points which means you have to make that up some in gear.

Weapons, jewels ,gloves, alternate quality gems are the bread and butter of this build. This build doesn't really shine until 96+ with 40-60 exalt investment specifically in those item slots.

If you plan to stop at level 95 or lower I would say play a different build. If you don't plan on investing at least 40 exalts i'd say play anything else as this will be weaker than other meta builds with that investment.
"
Ciatlov wrote:
"
klepstryk wrote:
"
DarkSoul_00 wrote:
Klepstryk
(...)

(...)

Scion is a late blooming class. This build doesn't even come together until 95-97 when you can run all 6 cluster jewels.

You also need good gear and specifically good jewels on a scion to utilize the extra skill points you get. Scion miner gets almost no damage from ascendancy points which means you have to make that up some in gear.

Weapons, jewels ,gloves, alternate quality gems are the bread and butter of this build. This build doesn't really shine until 96+ with 40-60 exalt investment specifically in those item slots.

If you plan to stop at level 95 or lower I would say play a different build. If you don't plan on investing at least 40 exalts i'd say play anything else as this will be weaker than other meta builds with that investment.

Agree with you and i am ok with that; but honestly - i've expected something different - and looking at some posts in this thread i believe i am not the only one surprised :)
Last edited by klepstryk on Feb 10, 2021, 6:44:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info