[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

I know this build isn't exactly Akane's version but I don't know where to ask for help. I feel like I've been following Akane's version and compared with this build. The itemization is similar and I can't find out why my dps sucks so much.

I'm missing some cluster jewels but I don't think they're necessary for the build to have sufficient DPS to kill Conquerors and Sirus AL5+. I found out I was screwing myself with the playstyle because I was throwing my mines and holding D, resetting the chain sequence (Blastchain) and losing a ton of damage. I then tried pressing D just once and damage is a bit better but nothing close to enough for killing endgame bosses.

Here is my build (The character is CelestialMTXBalls):
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jiibu/characters

Here is Akane on day 5 of the league where he did Maven's Invitation: The Feared (AL9):
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/AKANE_PoE/AKANE_NagashiMangan?time-machine=day-5

How I play the build is to throw down the mines, use Arcane Cloak and then Detonate Mines. When Vaal RF is ready, I use it between Arcane Cloak and Detonate Mines. If anybody can help finding out the missing piece that will unlock my dps, I would really appreciate it.
"
The itemization is similar and I can't find out why my dps sucks so much.

I'm farther along than you are, but I'm also having some damage problems. Mainly bossing or anytime I can prep an alpha strike is fine (sigil, full mines, bear trap, flask, arcane, detonate), but situations where I have a lot of tanky mobs on screen esp with time limits (incursions, betrayal), I'm just not doing enough damage.

The itemization isn't similar though. You're missing skitterbots which is huge dps boost, 5L, akane has a ton of alt quality skill gems, your gems don't have any dps stats, and the big one is the weapons.

Weapons are my problem too, many of the extreme dps examples are running with the tens of ex crafted weapons in each hand. I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to make some good intermediate options.
So I'm having a bit trouble determining the order in which I should get the uniques / different passives from cluster jewels.

I managed to get the Atziris Foible amulet and Essence worm ring with also maxing out the resses.

I have around 40-50c saved up and would like to start looking into next upgrade, but I'm not entirely sure what do go for. Should I go for 5L Cloak of Defiance + Indigon?

Should I instead invest into medium cluster jewel to get one of the passives from it?

Or maybe I should save up for the trigger weapon? (I'm having trouble finding them in Ritual trade though, I can't seem to find the "Trigger socketed spell when you use a skill mod", so if anyone could link me the correct search in trade, that'd be awesome).

UPDATE #1: So I got 5L Cloak Of Defiance and Indigon and started to remap the passive tree to the one noted in "After CoD".

Next step will be Uber lab and then some more passive remap.
Last edited by Devil on Jan 29, 2021, 9:22:41 AM
You don't need clusters till end. Cluster gives monster regen which makes this build tank but without cloak of defiance you won't tank that much.

Once you have MoM + 10% from cloak + 8% from hiero you may start thinking on clusters. Watcher eye with 10% damage taken from mana is huge too, making a total 58% damage taken from mana. At this point you want to maximize your flask mana regen with clusters.
IGN Flatulencia
Are clusters worth it if you can't get both Liquid Inspiration AND Distilled Perfection? I can get either of those with the Brewed for Potency or Spiked Concoction, but the main ones are just too expensive. Someone mentioned maybe try crafting with Lucent fossils? Is that it or do you use other fossils at the same time?
Cluster's are worth it. Start with the cheap ones with less desireable nodes and upgrade as you get currency. Prioritize as much flask mana recovery as you can so you can safely run harder content with RF.
"
Ciatlov wrote:
Cluster's are worth it. Start with the cheap ones with less desireable nodes and upgrade as you get currency. Prioritize as much flask mana recovery as you can so you can safely run harder content with RF.

Thanks
Even though I'm still running 5L CoD (because 6L is too expensive for me atm) I have a feeling I'm missing some other important damage from somewhere.

Survival is good with all flasks up (+ fortify) but I'm struggling with damage in late yellows / early reds.

I have a feeling I miss something very obvious, but apart from the weapon trigger setup (because I haven't found the right veil mod yet), I can't think of much.

What are the biggest damage scaling items / passives / jewels etc I should look forward to?

Or rather what are the biggest contributors to that high DPS you can do Shaper with? I'll just starting to get them from cheapest / easiest onwards.

I'm using Arcane cloak and vaal RF and both of them up count to around 20k DPS on ball of lighting (ingame tooltip). I have around 4.9k mana and 2.6k life.

Edit: It's fine to just tell me I'm delusional if I think I could run red maps with 5L.

Edit 2: Got the trigger weapon done finally. T11 was better now, though my questions still stand.
Last edited by Devil on Jan 30, 2021, 2:19:24 PM
If you are struggling with this build it's probably because your gear is bad and you are underleveled.

This build does not directly scale damage like crit node taking builds and thus relies on having a certain amount of gear being required to work. If your gear is bad taking flask recovery cluster jewels will probably be worse than taking flat damage/crit nodes if you are struggling to kill.

Bad weapons: Many people try this build with really bad weapons and wonder why their damage is low. If you are using a 3 explicit mod weapon you have 3 mods being wasted. That's alot of damage you are missing.
Lack of quality life/mana on jewelry pieces. Fertile catalysts on everything. Mana is damage and ehp. You need 5k mana minimum for dodge requirements on this build. (levels help this)
Quality gems, level 21/20 ball lightning.
6L cloak of defiance. That last link adds a huge amount of damage. 50% more.
This build doesn't really shine until 95+ with good gear (40exalt+) when scion access to extra jewel sockets starts to shine.
Enchants: Enchants give this build alot of power and if you don't have enchants on belt, weapons, boots, chest, and helm you are missing alot of base power.
I just wanted to second what was said in the previous post. There is a certain point at which this build (or Akane's) stops feeling mediocre and starts feeling broken instead. With a proper investment you can pretty much ignore any boss mechanic and the DPS is great too (and I'm not talking about mirror tier gier, more like ~40-50ex. My profile is public if you want to check out my scion)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info