Update on Delirium Server Status

This man's paper is no joke GGG.

https://blog.tohojo.dk/media/bufferbloat-and-beyond.pdf

The tech is real.

Unlike blizzard I think you will isten to people who know how it works. You can rid yourself of ddos problems if you start using better queueing tech.

Tune your servers. Enter the low latency era that has guaranteed performance metrics vs typical qos/fifo queue setup.

You're servers aren't doing what they could if features were used properly. This costs more bandwidth and wasted cpu cycles with having no means to deal with latency or DDOS issues.

You don't have to be in the last two decades of how you use the tcp/ip stack.

Find toke or dave taht (who is very friendly).
Last edited by Nuttyhater on Mar 13, 2020, 8:19:54 PM
"
dreign789 wrote:
i agree with the above statement. I get kicked out a LOT while all the streamers are playing seamlessly. What am I missing?

I'm going to guess there's different servers per region of content. Streamers are probably much further along than the majority of players, so less congestion?
I'm starting to think the Delirium events are part of the problem also. So far, every time I enter one, I've been kicked. Avoided the instance - able to keep playing.
http://prntscr.com/rg2w76
Well that's a new error message for me...

Last edited by SeabeeO on Mar 13, 2020, 8:27:38 PM
I've managed to make it to level 2 in 4.5 hours -_-
Last edited by Br00ksy on Mar 13, 2020, 8:26:58 PM
No sympathy here for a league that will once again be dominated by minion metaslaves and bots. I hope it keeps failing so that Delirium wont go core and this entire patch and meta wont continue. Death to the spell meta!
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth
"
Prinfection wrote:
"
dreign789 wrote:
i agree with the above statement. I get kicked out a LOT while all the streamers are playing seamlessly. What am I missing?

I'm going to guess there's different servers per region of content. Streamers are probably much further along than the majority of players, so less congestion?

they are further along because they arent getting kicked. its always the same at every new league. priority is given to those supported by GGG. easy to tell who will be in the top 10 that will never drop connection to servers, its the same ones that have pre-access to the content to show you videos and make build guides to jack the prices of items before leagues even start.

Currently looking for the magical button that says "Email me when stupidity of client crashes is complete"

or the "Click here for shutdown of all players until problems are corrected" button
░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
Path of Maintenance
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked
I've had problems today. I didn't know about server "problems" until I saw an announcement on the login page of the game. I've been disconnected a few times, but it was always when I was away from the computer for a few minutes.

I guess people will (almost) always jump to the worst possible conclusion rather than giving others the benefit of the doubt, particularly in our current cultural climate. And if streamers are given priority, that doesn't bother me because it at least gives us a look at how the new mechanics will play and can spark new ideas about current and future builds.

So thanks, GGG. You seem to be doing the best you can. All I can hope for is that someone is monitoring all of the comments in order to sift through ideas and suggestions, particularly about updating server software and such to help eliminate DDoS attacks, etc. Good job so far. Keep it up!
Hey you know what, good problems to have.

If a record number of players are hitting a new release and you have some minor issues short term, then you've spent the right amount of development effort on that problem, and to me that means maximizing content time.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info