Announcing Path of Exile: Delirium

Finally!
Builds are going to be crazy
I really like the idea of giving players more flexibility with builds. Unfortunately, it will mostly go towards survivability since that is objectively the most important thing in POE. True glass cannons are impossible in fights with stages, instant attacks, offscreen projectiles, etc. It's an issue that all ARPGs have to address in some way, but this one in particular has a bad history of heavy-handed balancing.

If this new system gives us a viable solution to survivability then we can spend more of our points on actual customization. Unfortunately, if things are "easy" enough that we have point to spend on true customization then everything will be nerfed. The reason for this is because the 3 lucky ascendancies they pick to be viable this league will be played with whatever the most OP build is and people will flock to it to be the strongest. Once that happens, persons of low IQ will complain about the game being easy because they intentionally used one of the small handful of "broken" builds to curbstomp the league. Cue GGG nerfs then repeat the cycle ad infinitum.

I sincerely hope that POE 2 will find a better way to open up customization. I love making builds, but having too many good builds leads to the above cycle and normalizing builds leads to stale gameplay by making customization meaningless. It's a weird conundrum that needs a firm solution. If I had to err on one side, I would personally choose having too many viable builds since it at least gives me more ideas to tinker with.

And here's hoping that whatever they do to the Atlas will be an improvement. I hate how utterly hellbent GGG is on forcing us to run maps. I lost all of my good friends that play this game because they are utterly disgusted with mapping after running maps enough to make even the thought of mapping severely nauseating.

I realize this isn't a happy post, but as someone who has played off and on since closed beta and spent an absurd amount of money supporting this game, I have become rather cynical with my passion over the years.
I clearly dislike the supporter packs...
Friendship with Path Of Exile has ended. Now [Insert a video game title here] is my best friend.
"
KaiDKB wrote:
I really like the idea of giving players more flexibility with builds. Unfortunately, it will mostly go towards survivability since that is objectively the most important thing in POE. True glass cannons are impossible in fights with stages, instant attacks, offscreen projectiles, etc. It's an issue that all ARPGs have to address in some way, but this one in particular has a bad history of heavy-handed balancing.

I don't really think it's an "issue" per say, but just a playstyle. It's voluntary. There will always be trade-offs
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Feb 25, 2020, 9:42:49 PM

FIX BLADEFALL fps drop please :)

Hi , i played bladefall last league with awekend spell cascade and unleash supp, i go from 125 fps to 30 with golden bladefall and 37 with original one.(even after turning everything low )

So when i saw the new skill i was like wow nice new toy to play with ....but then i remember bladefall fps.

I am on a 2060 with ryzen 2600x and mostly play solo still bladefall is "wtf happen to my screen"

Is this possible to do something about it before next league to use the new skill.

Biblex playing for 6 years and spent thousands hours on the game love your work love your passion :) Thank you
Like the idea of customising builds. =b
Selling some legacy items at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2781732
Delirium Impale/Attack Speed/Maim 8 passive/2 socket Cluster Jewels at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2810307
League looks awesome, I am going to go with the elder support pack.

Hoping for some console love in the near future. mostly the trading side of things.
cheers.
Hope you'll publish the list of "hidden notables" similar to the list we got in Blight with oil combos.

We love theorycrafting new builds, we love being hyped for new cool additions to builds, but we hate speculating without data or basis.

P.S. I imagine if you have 2 of the same "hidden passive" from 2 different jewels they won't stack?
Hm. On the one side looks interesting with all the passive tree modyfications. On other - clear speed meta?

Supporter packs - why yellow when all league is grayish?
Allways Poggers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info