Announcing Path of Exile: Delirium

"
Mrnickwan wrote:
"
Wissle wrote:
"
vio wrote:

not sure whether i want to play the new league though.
dumped a awful lot of dedication into metamorph, got the best gear i ever had but couldn't kill sirus even once.

missing skill ... whatever.

Doesn't that sound relatable? :D
Metamorph was the first league I played seriously and I also never managed to kill Sirus / Shaper / Elder.
They are just ridiculously hard for new and bad players, and then also really expensive to even try so you certainly don't want to keep trying and dieing 6 times so you just end up getting help to not waste the portal-materials. Got help to get their achievements and challenges etc, hehe.

Has anyone here experienced a league ending before? How does the delve migrate to standard? Do I keep the deeper one (Metamorph in my case) or do I keep the current standard layout in any case? Do I keep unvisited delve bosses or do I need to kill them before the league ends?
Does my sulphite and azurite amount transfer over?

My dudes, there's no issue killing elder, shaper or sirius (excusing the occasional lag death). If you can't do it that makes you bad, not the game. If not a single person can do it then fair enough it probably needs a rebalance.

I'll tell you now why you can't do them. You can't do this content because you try twice and then get a carry rather than learning the fight. You probably follow build guides word for word too rather than learning the mechanics of the game and then complain that you can't afford the items that the streamer used.

My dude, nothing you just said contradicts what we said above. We didn't say the game was bad, but US.

Vio literally said
"missing skill ... whatever."

I literally said
"They are just ridiculously hard for new and bad players"

the reason for not wanting to fail all 6 attempts should be obvious, but I'll repeat again

"and then also really expensive to even try so you certainly don't want to keep trying and dieing 6 times so you just end up getting help to not waste the portal-materials."

The only way to learn them is by doing them, but every attempt is costly so it takes time to figure it out and in the meantime the only reasonable thing to do is get help with only few portals left.

If you managed to do them all on your first try, then congratulations, you are a better player!
Not everyone is as good as you, though, some of us need time to figure stuff out :)

Many people who find Shaper and Elder easy these days have probably already done them in previous leagues too and know the fights so there's no surprise there either.

I'm not sure what the point of your post was.
"
Mrnickwan wrote:

I'll tell you now why you can't do them. You can't do this content because you try twice and then get a carry rather than learning the fight.

You probably follow build guides word for word too rather than learning the mechanics of the game and then complain that you can't afford the items that the streamer used.

interesting. i tried once to beat sirus, then respecced and decided to get to 95 before trying again.

that means no conquerors cause they reset your xp and no rewarding metamorphs. but then, even the easy t12 easy metamorphs occasionally one shot you by spawning on top of my char or from underneath it.
so ... no metamorphs.

but eventually, that's why i'm still occasionally playing, i wanna kill sirus once.

---

of course i do copy builds of the level 100 guys. imho 99,9% of the playerbase is doing that since they released path of building and poe.ninja

i understand the mechanics, at least i think i do. and rangers with some elemental leech, low regen, spell/attack dodge and evasion are glass cannons mostly. i'm aware of that.

ggg's decision to triple the life of bosses and rares does mean a nerf to those classes as they're not reliably mitigating damage.

so, yes, maybe starting a ranger in a boss fight league has been wrong.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
deleted useless rants nobody reads anyway
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 1, 2020, 11:45:30 AM
"
vio wrote:
deleted useless rants nobody reads anyway

Ignore that stupid troll.

You have to understand the issue GGG have . You have people playing for 8 years, and you have people playing for 1 month.

If they make all content that the people playing for 1 month can finish the game, there would be nothing challenging for the people that been playing for 8 years.

So try different builds, experiment, and push yourself. See if your next build can make it further.

I personally don't play copy and paste builds. For me it is much more satisfying seeing my own creations reaching new heights every league, but to do that, you should not be afraid to fail and make 20 - 30 new characters every couple of weeks at first. I'm now down to trying around 4-or 5 a league. All of them getting in to t10+ maps, but after 3 years I have not had the time or will yet to min/max a build to the level needed to finish all content.

Maybe one day when I retired, and can run 200 maps a day, I'll get there.

Sometimes the journey is as much fun as the end.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Not sure if this is a good place to ask but will there be a Full Passive Skill Reset when Delirium is released? I've got a Full Passive Skill Reset for my characters in Standard I can use now but I don't want to if I can't use another one in 10 days when Delirium is released. Want to get into PoE again and though I'd use the next week to test a few things before creating a Delirium character.
I think this Delirium is gonna be one of the more interesting Leagues in a long time.
And surely this is gonna be a permanent feature.

And I will be making at least 3 Characters for this League.
I think I will be getting some extra hours in on this League, and could even be I will reach Lvl 100 this time.
And I also think this is gonna be way more interesting and fun than Metamorph was. That one was all ok. Not great, not bad, just all ok.
And I didn´t play for very long really.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info