3.9.1 Patch Notes

"
y3lw0rC wrote:
So I guess nobody cares that most of win7 users can't play for the 3rd day due to horrible memory leak that was introduced with a small 3.9.0e patch.

Nice, not even approximate info when it's gonna be fixed. Disappointed.

Not really, starting in January Microsoft themselves is no longer even supporting Windows 7. It's ancient as far as technology standards are concerned.
So glad to have auto-pickup of organs.
Corpsemancer Supreme
"
Kastion2000 wrote:

I wonder if the QA team plays end game maps
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Do you have the massive lag issues people experience in Europe on your board? It's gotten to the point where I am so sad because I really really really want to progress but I simply can't do it because it's on the brink of unplayability and just simply extremely frustrating. I just wanna play that wunderful game you created!
"
girng wrote:
"
Kastion2000 wrote:

LOL, there is a QA team?

FIRED!
Is it still impossible to covert my shitload of maps from Blight to Metamorph, or am I missing something on the map stash tab?
Last edited by mitbanomen on Dec 20, 2019, 3:47:51 PM
"
elbowfrag wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
Kastion2000 wrote:

LOL, there is a QA team?

FIRED!

"
Rhys wrote:
We have to make sure everything is well-tested and works correctly first. Hopefully we can deploy the patch today or tomorrow, but it depends on any issues that may arise from QA and need fixing.

LOL
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
"Fixed a bug where multiple Vaal side areas could generate in an area."

i dont see any problem with this considering this is the first time in a couple years that i have seen vaal areas in maps.

Multiple Vaal areas cause you to lose your map instance if you enter any of them after the first you encounter. Apparently the game can't let you have more than 1 per map, so if it oops! generates 3 or 7 or so, going into any after the first will forfeit your entire map.

Not that we were told there was supposed to be a limit.

Other issues

--CWDT stops checking for all gems linked to it. Can't decide whether this isn't a ninja nerf to defensive measures, or actual bog-standard incompetence. Please clarify
--Nice ninja-buff to the metamorphs "can't be frozen" "can't be slowed". Why bother reworking freeze/chill/shock when they are virtually useless against the marquee league mechanic now...by design? Maybe give the bastards a faster freeze/stun/chill recovery but not total immunity.
--Memory leaks, mostly on Win7, but some also on Win10. Is this the hand of God punishing people for gaming on a budget? Or merely mortal incompetence? Oh, I get it. It's a subtle ad campaign for Linux/Ubuntu. :eddiemurphysmart:
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
"
"Fixed a bug where multiple Vaal side areas could generate in an area."

i dont see any problem with this considering this is the first time in a couple years that i have seen vaal areas in maps.

Multiple Vaal areas cause you to lose your map instance if you enter any of them after the first you encounter. Apparently the game can't let you have more than 1 per map, so if it oops! generates 3 or 7 or so, going into any after the first will forfeit your entire map.

Not that we were told there was supposed to be a limit.

That was not at all the issue.

If you entered a Vaal Side Area in a map that had multiple of them, you would be able to leave one of them normally but couldn't exit the rest. The portal that spawns from opening the vessel would trigger a bug message and portal scrolls can't be used there.

You would have to go back to character select. But once you got back to the hideout, the remaining map portals would still be there and you could re-enter.
Still no word on mem leak progress?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info