Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas Teasers

"
PsOfOs wrote:

For leveling i agree,no more tabula kind of slows things down.
But for endgame,say you have now a fully geared character with a 6 link bow and a 6link chest and you want to make a new one.
You still have to buy a new 6 link weapon or a new 6 link chest,except if you use only a generic life res chest for every character and you don't switch from a str skill to intel skill so you can keep the colours.
I read getting 4 6link gems will be as hard as getting a 6link chest now,so 4 times easier to 6link your main skill.
It's not so dramatic of a change,i see no game breaker.

Oh sure it may seem easier but it won't be (and also as a side note excluding hardcore tabula can be used well into mapping depending on the character until you get the currency to buy a 6 link for them in most cases) but yeah rolling a 6 link chest is abysmal in the current game where there is a very small percentage of players that have actually rolled their own and the chance of a 6 link dropping naturally is even smaller of a chance. So even if it's 4 times as likely that doesn't bode well. Along with that you have to keep in mind that the jeweller and chromatic vendor recipes will most likely be gone due to chromatic items and 6 socket items being gone so the currency will most likely be much harder to come by making rolling your own gems that much harder. Along with that you have buying them which considering they need to have 6 sockets, the right colors, you'd want high quality and at a decent level (not to mention the corruption to get a higher level/quality) which may end up making good gems way more expensive than 6 link chests ever were in trade leagues. And along with that keep in mind that at least currently (which this may change) gem drops are super rare in normal gameplay and you only really see them drop a lot in the Atzoatl gem room so finding a good socketed gem as a drop is probably less likely than finding a 6 link drop naturally.
Last edited by IonDrako on Dec 5, 2019, 3:02:58 PM
Gem drop absolutely are not rare drops currently.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
"
IonDrako wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

For leveling i agree,no more tabula kind of slows things down.
But for endgame,say you have now a fully geared character with a 6 link bow and a 6link chest and you want to make a new one.
You still have to buy a new 6 link weapon or a new 6 link chest,except if you use only a generic life res chest for every character and you don't switch from a str skill to intel skill so you can keep the colours.
I read getting 4 6link gems will be as hard as getting a 6link chest now,so 4 times easier to 6link your main skill.
It's not so dramatic of a change,i see no game breaker.

Oh sure it may seem easier but it won't be (and also as a side note excluding hardcore tabula can be used well into mapping depending on the character until you get the currency to buy a 6 link for them in most cases) but yeah rolling a 6 link chest is abysmal in the current game where there is a very small percentage of players that have actually rolled their own and the chance of a 6 link dropping naturally is even smaller of a chance. So even if it's 4 times as likely that doesn't bode well. Along with that you have to keep in mind that the jeweller and chromatic vendor recipes will most likely be gone due to chromatic items and 6 socket items being gone so the currency will most likely be much harder to come by making rolling your own gems that much harder. Along with that you have buying them which considering they need to have 6 sockets, the right colors, you'd want high quality and at a decent level (not to mention the corruption to get a higher level/quality) which may end up making good gems way more expensive than 6 link chests ever were in trade leagues. And along with that keep in mind that at least currently (which this may change) gem drops are super rare in normal gameplay and you only really see them drop a lot in the Atzoatl gem room so finding a good socketed gem as a drop is probably less likely than finding a 6 link drop naturally.

First of all,i had like 6 tabs full of quality gems until two weeks ago when i stopped playing blight so no they are not rare.
Second,I don't think the jeweler's recipe will go away,they will find a way to integrate it in the new system because they are essential to the gameplay.
I also had 4 six links made,and ended with 26ex 2000 chaos and a bunch of oils,so i could propably make 5-6 more if i wanted to.
Keep in mind i have a full time job and a 1.5 year old child,so no full time streamer here.
I think getting 2 six linked skills will be much easier than what getting one six link chest is right now.
Also being able to change gear without spending any jewelers-fusings sure helps a lot. I think it also gives this game a more of a classic feeling,changing gear on the fly instead of trying to 5 link for example a slightly better bow.
I honestly don't think they'll end up with a system where one six socket gem will cost more than a 6 link chest.
"
PsOfOs wrote:

First of all,i had like 6 tabs full of quality gems until two weeks ago when i stopped playing blight so no they are not rare.
Second,I don't think the jeweler's recipe will go away,they will find a way to integrate it in the new system because they are essential to the gameplay.
I also had 4 six links made,and ended with 26ex 2000 chaos and a bunch of oils,so i could propably make 5-6 more if i wanted to.
Keep in mind i have a full time job and a 1.5 year old child,so no full time streamer here.
I think getting 2 six linked skills will be much easier than what getting one six link chest is right now.
Also being able to change gear without spending any jewelers-fusings sure helps a lot. I think it also gives this game a more of a classic feeling,changing gear on the fly instead of trying to 5 link for example a slightly better bow.
I honestly don't think they'll end up with a system where one six socket gem will cost more than a 6 link chest.

Let me rephrase myself, the game has a lot more skill gems than it does anything else, the chance that a gem you want drops as a 5 socket or 6 socket (unless they change the odds) will probably be super low. And I've only ever linked a single chest piece while playing and I have 3.4k hours logged on steam but I have my own issues and cannot really map and have a hard time interacting with other players to trade up currency to do it. Hell on steam only 4.5% of all players have the achievement for crafting a 6 link. That's less then the achieve for getting level 90 on a softcore character.

And you know the gems will cost a metric tonne, currently meta skills that are corrupted lvl 21/20% quality are already super pricey, now add in they need to be 6 sockets and have the right colors and the price should skyrocket. Also I can't see them doing anything for the vendor recipes that make complete sense as replacements and still you have to build up and spend 1/4th of the amount of current 6 linking to make a single gem 6 socket with no cheaper alternative like tabula is now. I don't even fully see the point in having that many possible 6 linked gems anyway but that's whatever.

Edit: Also personally I've rarely see any gems drop outside of league mechanic drops like blight, atzoatl, delve, legion, etc
Last edited by IonDrako on Dec 5, 2019, 5:52:13 PM
I understand what you mean,of course the chance of a skill gem you use to drop as 6 socket will be abysmal. So is the chance for an item to drop with the exact stats you are looking for.
Poe is about crafting,so if a gem has 4 times the chance to be 6 socketed than the chance to currently 6 link a chest is,and we have a recipe for jewelers orbs as i think we will,then everyone can have at list on 6 link skill.
The only league mechanic currently is blight,everything else you described is in the core game and one should be using them if he wants to be efficient in this game.
6 links with some life and resists in a new league cost like 40 chaos after the first two weeks currently. At worst you're looking at half the price for a 6 socket gem since it cannot have any other mods to raise it's value like armour pieces.
All I'm saying is there's no reason to see everything so negative,IMO the benefits are more than the drawbacks.
Check your filter also,maybe it hides non quality gems.
Over and out.
The issue is I almost always start off the league by farming a tabula and use that until I naturally get the currency to buy one, but that's out the window.

Also there is a huge difference in high use gems that are corrupted level 21/20% quality and corrupted ones that are level 19/20% quality and with some gems reaching super high prices currently in temp leagues, now you'll have 6 socket gems being around the price of those old corrupted ones and actual corrupted 6 socket ones that are positive corruptions being equal to if not more than a meta unique that is 6 linked rn and that's for one gem out of all the gems you'll use in your setup. In my eyes as a low tier alt-aholic player these changes will only hurt me getting my stuff even more so with tabula being probably the worst unique in the game if they release the one they've shown.

Also my filter is just basic neversink sound filter (with custom sounds) and I always use the least strict filter (aka the one that shows scrolls even into yellow maps) also all those things I mentioned along side blight are considered league mechanics even if they've been added into the core game, that's why uniques that only drop from their instances are called "league specific uniques"

One weird change that will come out of this is that you'll see way more uniques being corrupted since other than bricking the item itself you don't have to worry about the sockets prior to corrupting it but by a trade off I believe corrupted gems will actually become rarer kinda like a swap.
Seem ok league, the atlas really needed a change, it's was the main source of boring for me since a moment ( grinding over and over the same thing and mechanic).

Other change seem nice too , i hope i'll have fun again.

Thx GGG.
Last edited by Elf_97 on Dec 5, 2019, 8:03:46 PM
"
IonDrako wrote:

Let me rephrase myself, the game has a lot more skill gems than it does anything else, the chance that a gem you want drops as a 5 socket or 6 socket (unless they change the odds) will probably be super low. And I've only ever linked a single chest piece while playing and I have 3.4k hours logged on steam but I have my own issues and cannot really map and have a hard time interacting with other players to trade up currency to do it. Hell on steam only 4.5% of all players have the achievement for crafting a 6 link. That's less then the achieve for getting level 90 on a softcore character.

And you know the gems will cost a metric tonne, currently meta skills that are corrupted lvl 21/20% quality are already super pricey, now add in they need to be 6 sockets and have the right colors and the price should skyrocket. Also I can't see them doing anything for the vendor recipes that make complete sense as replacements and still you have to build up and spend 1/4th of the amount of current 6 linking to make a single gem 6 socket with no cheaper alternative like tabula is now. I don't even fully see the point in having that many possible 6 linked gems anyway but that's whatever.

Edit: Also personally I've rarely see any gems drop outside of league mechanic drops like blight, atzoatl, delve, legion, etc

They already addressed this mechanic during Exilecon and said getting all 8 skills 6 linked would be about as difficult/require as much time investment as getting 2 6 linked items now. So that kind of makes it seem like an item like Tabula might not even be necessary. PoE was balanced around the idea that most people would never have a 6L item.

And I sell entire stash tabs worth of quality gems at a time pretty much every day during league height, maybe you should check your loot filter.

You're trying to judge a future game by a current games rules, and things will be changed significantly by the time 4.0 hits.
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 6, 2019, 12:31:46 AM
I like those changes/additions :) hope that blighted maps will drop more frequently !

game needs new endgame to make it fresh again, thanks GGG !!
New gem system is sick! Realy like it already :3 and tabula rasa is for noobs. so... care xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info