Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas Teasers

"
aldaias wrote:
But i still dont get the statement shocked enemies as though deal 300% more damage? As Though?

My theory on that front is that if you dealt 100 lightning damage with voltaxic (hypothetically) then the shock would be evaluated by pretending the initial lightning hig was supported by a skill gem that gave it "300% more damage", which results in far stronger shocks than your actual hit had any business calculating for the in first place.

Basically, you shock for far stronger, making whatever gets shocked by voltaxic take much more increased damage, and will make shocks on enemies, especially bosses, last longer.

My guess at least
Basically it will calculate shocks as if doing 4 times the damage you actually dealt, pretty potent if used properly
Got one 6 socketed Voltaxic in my inventory. Prepared for the new content. :-)
With 100% chance to shock = full potential ?

Last edited by countofhell on Dec 10, 2019, 9:18:56 PM
so basically voltaxic is a same b tier bow still, even thou u can stack a 100% shock with it at 4x faster rate
meh..
sounds dope.. should try to build around it.. however i like xophy's bow change more.. but i hate how they made the rest of the bow nodes suck.. like pb =(
Cool
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:

Well, yes, I do. They're called gacha games, and they've been around for quite a while! Probably even before 1990 in physical rather than digital form.

If you can't handle RNG, get outta the RPG! It's practically a staple of any RPG to have something, ANYTHING, be heavily reliant on it, whether it's a rare monster spawn, an item drop/drop rates, winning at gambling, etc. etc. etc.

While I agree that it is a staple to RPG's, it has gone overboard and we can do with a little less of it.

And if we are going down the path of "what is normal in an RPG" a die or dice back in the day, in you know, the original RPG's, didn't result in 2000 different random results each one with more random attributes and qualities and and and...

Yes to rng in rpg's, no to too much of it.

Come on now man, you know the reason they do it ultimately to such an extent has NOTHING to do with the RPG nature as much as keeping the grind up so people can keep playing. Along with creating rarity with that grind that can translate over to trading to ensure that the game has at least some point to collecting trading/crafting resources. Which also adds to the grind.

Its more a mechanic for the longevity of the game itself rather than the RPG nature of it. With that logic, we can say RPG's are all about role playing and choices, and last I saw PoE has no choices in it period other than the Bandit Quest sooooo, if being as true as possible to an RPG is their only intent, there are plenty more ways to go about it than just go crazy on rng which, again, was never initially that heavy in rpg's to begin with.

More "controlled" RNG within different parameters is much more welcome imo. And they have done good work to apply it here and there, like say fossils in crafting. But they need to do more imo. Don't get rid of the rng, but don't let it be the be all to the game either.

Some mechanics like straight up gambling for example can have the maximum amount of RNG integrated into them, etc. So it will still be there.

p.s, that is, with all due respect, the silliest thing a person could say. "Don't like it, change game genres, derp"... That is low. People can have different tastes as to how certain mechanics (like rng in this case) are applied to games. To straight up defend in a shill manner a mechanic without thinking of the other persons pov and telling them to sod off is not nice.

dotn forget it took 10 years of farming to get some items in d2 so i dont see how it "has gone overboard"
"
ffogell wrote:
"
countofhell wrote:
I killed 2 times Abaxoth in Blight-Standard with single Beyond mod. Also found him in the mines past Delve 200+. :-) Make sure to use sextants with +monster packs and +Breach. But it was extremely rare compared to how much beyond modded maps i've run in the past months.

Also i am doing Syndicate missions for like 2 weeks for now for scarabs and crafting. Nothing major reward yet, Cadiro is really good at gambling. :-)

Abaxoth, the End of All That Is no loot !!!

I raid Syndicate hideouts for different reason. I hope this is the best way to get Perandus Manor map in PoE.
Shock nova with that ring... I want try it.
That ring with Vortex?
Its not written Nova so by POE logic it probably wont work, but who knows! :D
IF it works, mix in Siphon trap for a ranged Ice occultist, what's not to like :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info