Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas Teasers

"
Shock nova with that ring... I want try it.

I wonder if it will work with Spell Cascade
Is the countdown wrong?
Ooh, Tzo Krin's Gaze got reforged into a ring... ;-)
I wonder if that ring with nova will work with ethereal knives and the ring of blades jewel....might only be for shock and ice nova in the end.
That ring raises questions like a Necro rasises zombies!
"
Legionz wrote:
I wonder if that ring with nova will work with ethereal knives and the ring of blades jewel....might only be for shock and ice nova in the end.

Mark answered that question on page 4. There's a discussion of whats and whys that follows it if you can spare a few minutes.
In case you can't, here you go.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
"
Jfr0st wrote:
so only shock and ice nova? or am I missing something

Maybe this will make some sick Sire of Shards builds.
It will not. It has no interaction with Sire of Shards. It interacts with spells which have the new "Nova" tag, which is for AoE spells that non-directionally target an area centred on the caster, such as Ice Nova, Shock Nova or Discharge, and others of that ilk.

Since some of them don't have gems you can see tags on, here is the full list of current Nova spells in PoE:
  • Ice Nova
  • Vaal Ice Nova
  • Discharge
  • Shock Nova
  • Vortex
  • Vaal Blight
  • Dark Pact
  • Shock Ground
  • Glimpse of Eternity
  • Feast of Flesh
  • Arcane Wake
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Tempest
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Flames
  • Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment of Thunder

EDIT:
  • Shockwave Totem

Ethereal Knives (or any other projectile skill) does not have the Nova tag, and just like all similar "[TAG] skills..." modifiers, support effects cannot change what tags a spell is considered to have. To avoid confusion now that Nova is a tag for certain AoE spells, Sire of Shards is now worded as firing projectiles in a circle.

The Arrow Nova support has a similar description for stats, but keeps the name because support names are more flavourful than actual mechanical text, and because there's little chance of confusion about it working with this unique due to it not working with spells - so the unique can't work with the support, and already firing arrows from the targeted location - so the unique would have nothing to do if it could.
Targeted location Discharge... HOLY MOTHER FUCKING GOD.
DANK!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
This new atlas is awfull
Last edited by Marceli73xa on Dec 14, 2019, 5:30:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info