What does it mean "chance" in POE?

"
harddaysnight wrote:
"
neosphoros wrote:
If you will throw your 2 sides coin ABSOLUTELLY EXACTLY in the same way (same strengh, same high,same rotation speed) as before and conditions around you will be ABSOLUTELLY EXACTLY

It's not exactly the same. The random number generator is code that is always the same. It doesn't generate exactly the same number each time because it uses a "seed" to start the process.

An example of a seed, is the time. The code asks the computer what time it is. The computer gives the time with high precision. Since time constantly changes, the seed will always be different. So you can't have the exact same conditions like you described.

If the time was the same, then yes, the code would generate the same random number. But the time is NOT the same, so the random number is not the same. It's not possible to have the same exact conditions.

If it is based on fixed (known) valuses it is not that random... right (that is why every random function is called "pseudo-random numbers generator")? ...and precision itself is also not that precise because it asking only about sec and for a one of 100 of this sec parts. In other way every CPU would go crazy.

But it can be also your "random number generator", right? :) Which will will base on your rules. Is not like that?

I will create my simpleone:

z=z * (6+time(sec))

it was not that difficult
Last edited by neosphoros on Oct 27, 2019, 4:20:07 PM
So... what is the chance to link 6 socket?

Math telling that to use all possible connections in 6 element pack it should be enough 720 moves due to the Strong of 6 (6!)... However in case of Poe linking is happening only in one direction and for example 6 can not connect with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 so...

With my calculation to link 6 sockets every player should use not more than 27 orb of fusing:

1)1-2
2)1-2-3
3)1-2-3-4
4)1-2-3-4-5
5)1-2,3-4
6)1-2,3-4-5
7)1-2,3-4-5-6
8)1-2-3,4-5
9)1-2-3,4-5-6
10)1-2,4-5
11)1-2,5-6
12)1-2,4-5-6
13)2-3
14)2-3-4
15)2-3-4-5
16)2-3-4-5-6
17)2-3,4-5
18)2-3,4-5-6
19)2-3,5-6
20)3-4
21)3-4-5
22)3-4-5-6
23)3-4,5-6
24)4-5
25)4-5-6
26)5-6
27)1-2-3-4-5-6

Now we can see that chance should be like 1/27 ~ 3,7% which is mean that in the moment of using of 27th orb we will should have 100% chance to link 6 sockets

So now who can tell me why da heck I have spent ~3000 oof to link an 6 sockets? 3000 of oof is %=0,033. It seems that chance in this case is came from artificially Devs set up which have nothing to do with mathematical probability.
Last edited by neosphoros on Oct 28, 2019, 7:42:08 AM
Ludvator, mark1030 and GreyLensman where are you?
"
neosphoros wrote:
Ludvator, mark1030 and GreyLensman where are you?
we’ve already explained it. You don’t want to hear what we have to say.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
you were already convicted of trolling so.. I have better things to do than argue with you sorry
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
all we can do is try. That has be done now so GL exile.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

You do not have enough knowledge to do it and through to no information in wiki about "chance" - you are only guessing.

But fact is, that thank to hidden "chance" description - GGG may manipulate about "chance" result.
Last edited by neosphoros on Oct 28, 2019, 2:07:48 PM
"
neosphoros wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

You do not have enough knowledge to do it and through to no information in wiki about "chance" - you are only guessing.

But fact is, that thank to hidden "chance" description - GGG may manipulate about "chance" result.

yes I am sure you are right. They are properly doing this to you because you didn't buy enough supporter pack.... LOL :)
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Oct 28, 2019, 2:50:06 PM
youre trying to explain the wrong thing to this guy. its not about explaining to him how chance with a given set of odds works, he knows that.

what he needs people to explain to him is that ggg are not manipulating odds, there is no tin foil hat nonsense where anything is unfair, no one is messing with peoples games and changing things in undisclosed ways behind the scenes to fit some kind of agenda.

no one is important to ggg, theres over a million accounts signed to this game. they have nothing to gain by manipulating peoples games, they have no reason to, no time to, no desire to. it would be rampant paranoia and a delusion of grandeur to imagine ggg would care about anyone or any type of behaviour outside of cheating to the point where they would interfere directly or through constructed algorithms with peoples games in unstated ways. the mechanics of the game are fixed and consistent in their behaviour, imagining otherwise is somewhere between daft superstition and flat out crazy.

how do i know that the people who stock the shelves in my supermarket are not conspiring with kellogs to dupe me into buying boxes of cereal with above average amounts of burnt cornflakes via tracking my weekly shopping time schedules? they control whats in the boxes, they control which boxes are on the shelves when i go there, how can I know? how can I know its not a conspiracy?

because that idea could only be the absurd product of a severely mentally ill mind. sometimes you know a thing isnt true just based on the sheer idiocy of idea.

how do I know im not living the truman show? am I truman? are you all in on it? is everyone watching me all the time?

no, im no one, no one cares about me, im not important in any way shape or form to anything that means anything in this world. that goes for pretty much everyone who ever has or ever will live, so take comfort in that thought and just enjoy ur day.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
youre trying to explain the wrong thing to this guy. its not about explaining to him how chance with a given set of odds works, he knows that.

what he needs people to explain to him is that ggg are not manipulating odds, there is no tin foil hat nonsense where anything is unfair, no one is messing with peoples games and changing things in undisclosed ways behind the scenes to fit some kind of agenda.

no one is important to ggg, theres over a million accounts signed to this game. they have nothing to gain by manipulating peoples games, they have no reason to, no time to, no desire to. it would be rampant paranoia and a delusion of grandeur to imagine ggg would care about anyone or any type of behaviour outside of cheating to the point where they would interfere directly or through constructed algorithms with peoples games in unstated ways. the mechanics of the game are fixed and consistent in their behaviour, imagining otherwise is somewhere between daft superstition and flat out crazy.

how do i know that the people who stock the shelves in my supermarket are not conspiring with kellogs to dupe me into buying boxes of cereal with above average amounts of burnt cornflakes via tracking my weekly shopping time schedules? they control whats in the boxes, they control which boxes are on the shelves when i go there, how can I know? how can I know its not a conspiracy?

because that idea could only be the absurd product of a severely mentally ill mind. sometimes you know a thing isnt true just based on the sheer idiocy of idea.

how do I know im not living the truman show? am I truman? are you all in on it? is everyone watching me all the time?

no, im no one, no one cares about me, im not important in any way shape or form to anything that means anything in this world. that goes for pretty much everyone who ever has or ever will live, so take comfort in that thought and just enjoy ur day.

Good post that I agree 100% with. However my problem is that if you look at the treads made by @OP you will almost see the same in all of them -->
GGG did that to me only / they are messing with something against me only and so on and so on.

It's very hard to continue when this keeps popping up all the time from @OP.

I will hope you will have better luck helping @OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info