What does it mean "chance" in POE?

"
neosphoros wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
they have nothing to gain and everything to lose by changing odds for things individually player by player, its a whole load of work for no benefit, suggesting that theyre doing this is utterly absurd.

What they may lose if chance probobility is hidden and might be variable (or changed patch after patch by them)?

they lose the time and effort of going in and changing odds for various things on a player by player basis. they have over a million active accounts, they pay their staff wages, everything that takes an hour costs an hours pay.

why on earth would they give a shit about making my odds for finding X or crafting X different to yours? theyre gonna sit there with a million accounts spending what? $10,000s? $100,000s of man hours adjusting stuff on a person by person basis for what exactly? just to fk with people? just because they like this person more than that person?

they dont even know who you are, they dont know who i am, they dont give a crap about anyone or any of this stuff. theyre so pressed for time and money just trying to get their expansions out every 3 months, have you seen the bug report forums? can you imagine the amount of customer service they have to deal with? and you think they pay what would have to be teams of people to go around changing how many fusing it takes steve from toronto to 4 link his gloves, just because? just because what?

dont be so utterly absurd.
"
neosphoros wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
neosphoros wrote:

I have not read it. Have you read it? Have any 9,10,11-99 yo player have read TOS?

Containing in those rules negative expressions that may effect on the client/user/player should be prohibited.

True is that is not about "Chris" (whoever he is) it is about Chinese Tencent (real owner of GGG) and money. This company is extremely greedy company. They are not trying to develope the game in the right direction but it seams that they are trying to limit the player by slowing them down in game progress.

I bet that after 1 month or 2 they will release another patch which will give possibility to increase weapons quality to 40%, but it is because most people will already have +30 (corrupted)... will have to start everything from the beggining... so they will need another stash tab to save previous equipment ant to collect currency for newone, so... once again we will have to spent some dollars. That is how they are making a money.

First, Chris is one of the founders of GGG and he owned some of GGG before it was sold to Tencent. He is still the CEO of the company so what he says goes.

PoE is develope exactly the way GGG wants it to be develope and that is -->
A speciel restricted chinese version of the game running only in China and a "public" worldwide version that is the one you are using right now.

Again, if you have this big problems with the game/GGG/Tencent and truly believe the things you say, then I really don't understand why you are using their software.

It seems that you also understand the problem so... answer for your own question will be probably will be the one that you already know.

But question is... if you know the problem - why you accepting it pretending that is not exist.

What problem is that then? Only problem I see is you and your behavior / statements.

Regarding my personal view on GGG -->
Long before GGG was sold to Tencent i made a decision to keep using GGG software but never spend any more money on it. The reason for this are many but doesn't have anything to do with your posts.

You on the other hand, goes crazy over things that you don't understand and slander GGG.
So like I have said before, I don't understand why you are still here.....
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Nov 2, 2019, 2:15:13 AM
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

What problem is that then? Only problem I see is you and your behavior / statements.

Regarding my personal view on GGG -->
Long before GGG was sold to Tencent i made a decision to keep using GGG software but never spend any more money on it. The reason for this are many but doesn't have anything to do with your posts.

You on the other hand, goes crazy over things that you don't understand and slander GGG.
So like I have said before, I don't understand why you are still here.....

What kind of behaviour you trying to called - problem? Asking for explanation/solution? POE wiki represent specific form of order if it is about game definitions that was explained. Lack of the "chance" simply pushed me to ask the question.

My thread question was absolutely simple same as my intention - to understand what the "chance" means in POE.

Now we see that all we can say that "chance" in POE not exist (at least if it is about linking, colouring, item finding etc) due to variable odds that might be changed any time.

That is everything I wanted to know as the answer to my topic.
Wow, why'd you guys troll this OP so hard?

In POE "chancing" means using chance orbs on a white item of a specific basetype for the (very low) chance it turns into a unique item of the same basetype. Powerful uniques like Kaom's Heart can be obtained this way. Headhunter can even be chanced but only in certain areas where the Nemesis league is active.

"
Zidly wrote:

In POE "chancing" means using chance orbs on a white item of a specific basetype for the (very low) chance it turns into a unique item of the same basetype. Powerful uniques like Kaom's Heart can be obtained this way. Headhunter can even be chanced but only in certain areas where the Nemesis league is active.

we don't and from your reply you haven't read the tread at all.

But go ahead and contact @OP about this. I am sure he will be very happy with your answer here.
"
Zidly wrote:

Just for fun I will ask you "how many" is "very low" and what does it mean "very high"... and from now one - once again commenting will stop... and maybe this is better.
Pass the popcorn!

:-)
"
neosphoros wrote:
"
Zidly wrote:

Just for fun I will ask you "how many" is "very low" and what does it mean "very high"... and from now one - once again commenting will stop... and maybe this is better.

its simple: very low chance means you get it on the first try when you are very lucky, or never in your lifetime if you are very unlucky
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
neosphoros wrote:
"
Zidly wrote:

its simple: very low chance means you get it on the first try when you are very lucky, or never in your lifetime if you are very unlucky

I was expect that kind of answer. Lets finish commenting because people believe that by saying if something is "very low" (or very high) they are will be able to create ultimate formula for whole universe.

EOT
Last edited by neosphoros on Nov 7, 2019, 5:39:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info